[THE TWELVE BRICKS OF CHRISTMAS 2]

Home Forums MOCs Build challenges! [THE TWELVE BRICKS OF CHRISTMAS 2]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Dan
    Participant

Yesterday @bengood921 reminded me that it’s time for The Twelve Bricks of Christmas!

The rules are the same as last year:
    1. No part limit
    2. One build using each of the twelve bricks or twelve builds each featuring a different brick
    3. Any theme allowed!

Due: December 25th

Prize: All entrants will be recommended for a spot on Santa’s “Nice” list

See the picture for this year’s parts!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Mostly I wanted to see if I could get Frost to have the gift-giver delivery all the presents listed every day, rather than just the ones attached to the particular number of the day.

Do we need to use the same colors as the parts in the pic? It’s hard to tell, that looks like it might be a reddish-brown Travis brick, which isn’t a common part, even though we LUGBulked it several years ago. I’m pretty sure I own zero of them. It also looks like that might be a reddish-brown 1×1 round plate with bar extension.

Dan
    Participant

Do we need to use the same colors as the parts in the pic?

Using the same colors is not required!

Will McDine
    Participant

Hmmmm Interesting. Let me see what I can whip up

Tim Brown
    Participant

Interesting. Alas there are two parts there that I don’t think I have, but maybe I’ll try my hand at the others.

Dan
    Participant

On the first day of Christmas Santa gave to me – a custom built gaming PC!

Today’s post is guest starring the sigfig I made of @bengood921 for his award!

I discovered the bracket and grill assembly fit snuggly inside the container if the bracket is placed flat (with the grill on the side).

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Dan.
    Attachments:
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Here’s the link to last year’s Twelve Bricks of Christmas for anybody not familiar, or who just wants a trip down memory lane:

[THE TWELVE BRICKS OF CHRISTMAS]

Dan
    Participant

On the second day of Christmas Santa gave to me – a short & bushy Christmas tree!

Attachments:
    Dan
    Participant

On the third day of Christmas Santa gave to me – a stasis cell for skater wannabes!

Attachments:
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Nothing brightens up the holidays like a stasis cell.

Dan
    Participant

The bars were actually roll cage designs for a Febrovery rover that never was.

Tim

@randomdan are you using Travis bricks at the top and bottom of the cell? Obviously the fence piece is the primary 12 Bricks part for this design but (presuming those are Travis bricks) good job working in a secondary 12 Bricks part as well.

Dan
    Participant

Yep! Travis bricks for top/bottom, fence piece for the sides, and the round stud with bar for the lock/unlock light on top.

Actually each build has multiple of the 12 Bricks so far. The tree uses Travis bricks for the trunk and the stud with bar on top for the ornaments. The computer uses the container, the bracket (for the innards), and the stud with bar for the monitor stand neck.

Tim

A good challenge would be twelve separate builds each using all twelve of the 12 Bricks. Hmmm, I may need to see what I can do with that.

Dan
    Participant

Unfortunately I only built with about half of the build challenge bricks. Life got in the way this year, but there’s always next!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar