UP 844, aka the “Living Legend”

Home Forums MOCs UP 844, aka the “Living Legend”

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    PLAYINGWITHECHOES
    Participant

So it’s been a fun past few weeks dealing with returning my defective MSI Titan GT77 (always BSOD, bad GPU, etc), still looking for another comparable but better built laptop and working overtime. Did manage to find some time to start on this new locomotive design.

After I built the Big Boy and Challenger, a fan asked if I could design the 844 next. I figure it’s because the 844 was part of the three engines restored / maintained by UP at Cheyenne. Maybe the UP fans are hoping for the complete set built in Lego.

So here are some private progress renders, of which I have only released filtered teasers of it thus far on my social media. It’s a 4-8-4 and configured to run on standard Lego curve and switch track. Like the Mountain 4-8-2 chassis, this has two L-motors with optional gear ratios and the battery box in the tender car. The UP tender car is converted to oil instead of coal. (gasp!)

As a still fairly initial design, I like how things are shaping up. Ideally, I hope to build it IRL by Winter. (I still have a few other cars to build IRL on the roster but am open to prioritizing this build.)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Dan
    Participant

You might want to check out he HP Spectre line – I’ve heard good things.

I like the build – some really nice detail so far!

PLAYINGWITHECHOES
    Participant

Thanks! I’m hoping to have it ready for another group show with a few internal improvements over past designs. XD

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar