LEGO deals

Home Forums LUG discussions BUY / SELL / TRADE! LEGO deals

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 612 total)
  • Author
    Greg Schubert
    Participant
    Josh
    Keymaster

I didn’t buy any, but I just stopped in to the washington walmart and found:

~30 friends magician sets for $5 – part out is $20
    ~20 crater cralwer galaxy sqad for $9 – part out is $23
    and then there were some cheap chima sets too.

could be a nice profit if you’re interested. not sure if all will have them or not.

Nick Chen
    Participant

A bit of a drive for me in Cranberry. I was in Target today returning a defective usb cable. I checked the toy section and found a Star Wars Rancor set on clearance for $17.48!!! Swooped it up. I find it odd cause when we met in Cranberry Library, the Cranberry Target and been picked clean of decent clearance sets.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Toys R Us has the Hobbit: Barrel Escape set for $25.00 and all Ninjago for Buy 1 get 1 Half off.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I have heard of counterfeit LEGO parts but am not well-educated in detecting them. Look at this too-good-to-be-true auction from the Phillipines:

There seem to be a lot of “custom” Hulk minifigs for sale on eBay and I cannot see the difference from the real ones.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You should see all of the ninjago / Hobbit / Super Hero Mini Figs that are from China. If you want to see the difference I can post a picture, I already made the mistake of getting a chinese Ninjago..

Nick Chen
    Participant

My friend ordered the avengers minifigs and they were from china. At first glance they dont look so bad but they are like a B+ You can’t swap parts like the legs are weird.

Tim

TRU in Cranberry has #79004 Barrel Escape – http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Barrel-Escape-79004?fromListing=listing – for $25 (MSRP $39.99 and normally $44.99 at TRU). It’s listed as a “Red Hot Deal” so I assume every TRU would have the same.

Also, City and Ninjago are BOGO 50%.

ChristianK
    Participant

If anyone spots that recent Castle theme King’s Castle around $70 or $80 (or cheaper, obviously) anywhere, including Amazon, I’d appreciate a heads-up.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

King’s Castle

Sound like a restaurant hybrid.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Bacon
    Participant

Has anyone in the area spotted this little guy at Target? I’ve heard rumors that it is being held up front at the registers at other US Target stores, but haven’t seen it in Pittsburgh yet.

Tumbler Polybag

• This reply was modified 10 years, 2 months ago by David Bacon.
    Nick Chen
    Participant

Way ahead of you. Already found it last month. I think I got it at the Target on 19 north of Ross Township.

Here is my review.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=92522&hl=

• This reply was modified 10 years, 2 months ago by Nick Chen.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah, I saw him at the Target off of 228 in Cranberry last time I was there (Last week). He was up by the registers at the bottom of the displays. Sometimes he’s behind some of the other ones available. They usually have 4 or 5 different mini sets hanging around.

David Bacon
    Participant

Ok, I had checked Cranberry before, but I guess it warrants another looksie. Thanks for the quick response guys!

David Bacon
    Participant

Wow, Joel you weren’t kidding. Cranberry Target has loads of ’em even after i purchased four of them. I still haven’t seen the Stephanie’s Bakery Stand set in the Easter section. The Mt. Nebo Target had a bunch of those last time I checked. I’m hoping for a discount once Easter has passed.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I still haven’t seen the Stephanie’s Bakery Stand set in the Easter section. The Mt. Nebo Target had a bunch of those last time I checked. I’m hoping for a discount once Easter has passed.

That is a long shot unless the store still has some sets left AND you are there the first day that they mark them down.

David H Donley
    Participant

If someone that is coming to Q2 meeting sees a little Batman tumbler while they are out, could you pick one up for me? There is nothing in Washington. They only had Chima poly’s at the register.

Nick Chen
    Participant

When and where is the Q2 meeting? The Target in Cranberry Twp has some in the Easter section with the Creator Race car.

David H Donley
    Participant

I found the Batman tumbler. Didn’t hear anyone say anything, so ignore my previous ask.

Nick Chen
    Participant

Walmart in Cranberry has Batman 76011 Man-Bat sets for $16.00 however, they are sold out. I went to Target and showed them a picture of the Roll Back price tag. They looked it up on their new Tablet (at guest services) and was able to see it is $16.00 on Walmart.com. So they were nice enough to price match it for me.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Has anyone seen Rapunzel’s Market Visit anywhere? Supposedly they were sighted at Wal*Mart at the beginning of March, but I have not found them at the store that I frequent.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Anonymous
    Inactive

This week:

Toys R Us Has
    Hobbit Barrel Escape for 31.49
    Galaxy Squad Mech for 31.49
    Galaxy Squad Space Slicer for 31.49
    Castle Forrest Ambush for 7.50
    A bunch of other sets and bits on clearance. Almost all of their Chima racing packs are on clearance.

Target has a few Chima and city bigger sets at 50% off. I’m heading over this evening to get the specifics. I’ll update later.

Shopko doesn’t have anything interesting right now.

Should I be looking at all the deals or are there series I can skip? Just to save time, are there any series you guys aren’t at all interested in?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

General consensus is that Chima isn’t all that great, although it has some redeeming elements. I’m not a huge fan of the bug sets in Galaxy Squad, but that doesn’t mean nobody is. Different strokes, as they say.

Are you talking about buying for yourself, or for trying to sell parts and figs, or what? Either way, you can’t buy all the deals; if you’re trying to sell, it helps to have a bit of a game plan (i.e. – diversity is great, but it’s not worth it to just buy a few Friends sets to get pastel colors, because people need them in quantity… so maybe pick a couple themes and concentrate on building useful quantities of theme-specific colors and parts before you worry about diversifying too much…)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m not interested in started a BL store at all. I have way too much going on to even get to that point.

What I do make time for and have set up is research on what’s for sale, where etc. I was just asking if there is anything I dont have to worry too much about researching as far as sets go for times sake. Treasure Hunting Lego sets is actually fun for me and I’ll try to post what I find as often as possible. But if “friends” sets aren’t collected and no one really cares, I know not to post those or waste my time getting the details for us etc.

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 612 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar