[ES] Summer 2018 Display – PA Trolley Museum – June 22-24

Home Forums LUG discussions [ES] Summer 2018 Display – PA Trolley Museum – June 22-24

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 168 total)
  • Author
    Laura
    Participant

Awesome ideas so far guys, sorry I’ve been quiet. HP sound great! I am going to get a diagram together in the next couple days to let people know what space and how large is available at the museum. We should be able to use the 2 big rooms and possibly the smaller room in the front the visitor’s center. There’s also a slight possibility that I can get additional indoor space at the front of the restoration shop and in the trolley display building. We shall see…

Please, Please, if there is ANYTHING you wish to contribute, I don’t care if it’s MOCs of brain eating space worms, GO FOR IT! We are looking to get as many people as possible to participate in their area of interest.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> I don’t care if it’s MOCs of brain eating space worms,

Somebody really really needs to step up here and say ‘Challenge accepted!’ (No, I’m not volunteering to do it.) If the public shows disdain towards the LUG for our choice of subject matter, you can just say ‘Oh, it’s okay, the Trolley Museum requested it.’

I can see Micah @hacim doing brain-eating space worms. I can see Frost @tfdesigns doing space pirates versus water ninjas.

Tom Frost
    Participant

space pirates versus water ninjas.

Sorry Ben, not happening.

However, @laura, I am planning on bringing several baseplates of amusement park (I’m planning on ordering the new roller coaster too)

I will also have several tables worth of SPACE including #spacetrain and monorail.

I will also (optimistically) have the Steel City Zoo (1 table)

Greg Schubert
    Participant

the Steel City Zoo (1 table)

Does the zoo need an aquarium or an animal clinic?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Skipper Mike
    Participant

I’ll bring a static baseplate of the Jungle Cruise that we can put in the amusement park area.

Laura
    Participant

Laura, I am planning on bringing several baseplates of amusement park (I’m planning on ordering the new roller coaster too)

I will also have several tables worth of SPACE including #spacetrain and monorail.

I will also (optimistically) have the Steel City Zoo (1 table)

I’ll bring a static baseplate of the Jungle Cruise that we can put in the amusement park area.

Awesome!! Looks like we have a fine amusement park shaping up and I can probably come up with an elephant & ostrich “African Savannah” pen for the zoo. (if you don’t have that already)

@greg
    I think anything you can bring will probably help.

Something else I’ve been thinking about is activities. I think it would be nice if we could have the racetrack setup so kids can build and race cars like at children’s fest. And I plan to bring a bin of my random LEGO to possibly have some build challenges throughout the day. The most difficult part of all this, of course, would be finding the manpower to staff everything, especially if we are spaced out between multiple buildings.

Let me know what you guys think.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 12 months ago by Laura.
    Neil Tannyan
    Participant

I’d like to contribute… I have mostly modulars and winter village… I have a couple of hotels, a city hall, museum, and many fire stations…

Hannah Dow
    Participant

Catching up here, I can contribute my redesigned bumper cars to the amusement park, plan for 2 baseplate footprint if you’d like it. @legoman270 your buildings could be a part of the downtown London/HP area if you want!

General question, are we MILS-ing this display? I didn’t think I saw that mentioned in the thread yet.

Tom Frost
    Participant

are we MILS-ing this display?

My amusement park components are currently mils-ed. I know some of Laura’s stuff is but not all. Trolley events are usually mixed. We make it work 🙂

Pete
    Participant

My ferros wheel and merry go round are both MILsd

Neil Tannyan
    Participant

Sure using some buildings as part of downtown would work great! I took a bunch of pics of my older looking buildings, how’s best to post them?

Hannah Dow
    Participant

you can either post one or two here on the forum or a flickr link to an album if there’s a lot of pics 🙂

Neil Tannyan
    Participant

Pictures of the buildings to use for London..

Attachments:
    Neil Tannyan
    Participant

more pictures

Attachments:
    Laura
    Participant

Here are the spaces we will probably be able to use for Trolley Fair. The one at the top of the shop above the visitor’s center is an indoor/outdoor space, and will use it only if we need to. It will probably have a little canopy and we can put the tables inside in the evening.

The Event’s Room has about 30’x14′ of usable space
    The Education room has about 18’x10′ of usable space
    The Shop Display area has about 16’x16′ of usable space
    The Indoor/Outdoor area has about 20’x16′ of usable space

Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Not to be too critical but that’s four different areas to monitor; you and Pete can only do so much. Who among the other LUG members can attend?

Laura
    Participant

Not to be too critical but that’s four different areas to monitor; you and Pete can only do so much. Who among the other LUG members can attend?

Well, so far Hannah, Tom and myself are the only ones who have committed to be there for a day shift so thank you @tfdesigns & @hannah133. Also, I have added a tear down shift per Tom’s suggestion.

For those whom have never been, we have a good time. The museum provides lunch for both days and you’re welcome to get up and check out the other stuff that’s going on. The museum gives you free admission and I can probably swing free admission for your family too if you wanna bring them down some time during the day. There will be classic trucks & tractors on Saturday as well as a Trolley parade in addition to other activities for kids. Sunday will be the classic car show on along with other events and activities for kids.

Bob Grier
    Participant

I just signed up for both shifts on Sunday, plus set-up on Friday and teardown Sunday evening.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Ever the pragmatist, Greg, but you’re of course quite right. Staffing could be tricky if we’re attempting to monitor four separate locations.

Well, so far Hannah, Tom and myself are the only ones who have committed to be there for a day shift so thank you @tfdesigns & @hannah133. Also, I have added a tear down shift per Tom’s suggestion.

Strongly possible that I can staff at least one shift, but I’m not sure which shift just yet…

Also, keep in mind that not only do we need staffers just to keep an eye on things, but we also need at least 10 members participating for Event Support reasons (it does appear that several builders are contributing, and that does count for ES.)

Tim

Pictures of the buildings to use for London..

Those look great. You’ve got some nice MOCs intermixed with the Modular buildings.

Here are the spaces we will probably be able to use for Trolley Fair.

It is looking like we’ll need a fairly substantial space for the HP London display. Either the Event Room or the Education Room.

I’ve not signed up yet but will definitely be there for set up and tear down and most likely the afternoon shift on Sunday. Saturday is probably out for me. Once my schedule solidifies, I will enter the Doodle.

Hannah Dow
    Participant

For those wanting to contribute to the city/London area, what are the chances we could get the following be built:
    -Black cabs
    -tower bridge (if someone has the set we could place it in the back against a wall with smaller cars, could create a neat perspective)
    -townhouses
    -parks
    -random statues
    -big Ben (I’m building this one)

I was speaking to a friend who lived in London for awhile and we were trying to brainstorm “obviously London things” and that’s the condensed list we came up with.

It seems like we’ll have a lot of room to cover so I figured I’d throw out some ideas.

Pete
    Participant

I have tower bridge and big ben

Tim

I should be able to do a statue or two. Maybe for a traffic circle?

Also, working on Grimmauld Place for this. Sketched and planned; I just need to build (after finishing up the Cranberry Library build). 🙂

Tom Frost
    Participant

So I’m thinking the shop display area for #SPACE!!

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Methinks @tfdesigns meant to say #SPACETRAINS!!!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 168 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar