Threadjacking

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Threadjacking

Viewing 25 posts - 551 through 575 (of 1,453 total)
  • Author
    Zach Bauer
    Participant

Wow, pretentious and entitled, spoken like a true New Yorker. Rub it in, why don’cha?

So accurate it hurts haha

Put me down for $20 share of C3 though

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Put me down for $20 share of C3 though

$20k? That’s a good start, but we’re going to need about… 575 more people at that share.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

The Pittsburgh Mills recently sold for one hundred dollars. At that price he would only need four partners.

Pittsburgh Mills Mall Sold For $100 At Foreclosure Auction

Tim

I’m guessing that if another bidder had gone to $105, Wells Fargo would have dug deep and gone to $110. The sad thing is that the $143 million debt on the property basically makes it financially toxic to any outside investors. Wells Fargo would need to agree to release the debt (or portions thereof) before any outside investor would touch it. That will make it very difficult to attract investor interest as Wells will be trying to recoup as much of that debt as possible.

Josh
    Keymaster

oh man, what an awesome rendition of the land of make believe!!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

what an awesome rendition of the land of make believe!!

what the ???

I am fail

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

what the ???

I am fail

NO, Greg! You are score!

Micah Beideman
    Participant

It’s official that I will be attending Robert Morris in the fall. And I’ll be commuting, so I’ll still have access to all my Lego, and I’ll definitely still plan on being active in the LUG through college (hopefully maybe even more active than I have been of late)!
    Whether that’s a good thing or not is probably a matter of opinion, but I’m excited 😉

Greg Schubert
    Participant

The goal for this endeavor is to reduce the current volume occupied by surplus ABS. I have a few buildings and a huge supply of red slopes which I don’t anticipate using.

On another note, I would estimate that responding to LUG posts is thirty-eleventh, so you are pretty far down the list already. 😀

Greg Schubert wrote:
    The colors in the photo might not be representative, ie. there are no sand red slopes in the photo.

What I was saying is, rather than reuse all those regular red slopes, we should invest in a rare and ludicrously expensive color. ?

But srsly, you gonna reuse the brick for anything specific, or was it just “these buildings don’t meet my lofty standards of excellence?” ?

Greg Schubert wrote:
    Matt, shouldn’t you be working on your Brickheadz entry? ?

Of all the things I should be working on, that’s about thirty-twelfth on my list.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

On another note, I would estimate that responding to LUG posts is thirty-eleventh, so you are pretty far down the list already. ?

Touché.

Is there a meeting today or something…?

Greg Schubert
    Participant

s there a meeting today or something…?

the Keymaster does not ask such questions

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

the Keymaster does not ask such questions

what, the Keymaster’s not allowed to be facetious once in a while?

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Neither far far away, nor long long ago, a LEGO train builder in Kitanning PA listed this on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Large-Custom-Caboose-for-10194-Emerald-Night-Very-nice-all-new-parts/182460398385?hash=item2a7b7cbb31:g:M18AAOSw6aJa5OO5

Do you suppose the Art of the Brick will bring people like this out of the woodwork? If so, will there be anything that directs them toward SteelCity LUG?

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I had an already made entry for a contest that I did not know about until the day after the deadline to enter! It is the Reimagined Build contest, like what we did for a quarterly challenge, where you remake some LEGO set from the past. It is sponsored by Beyond the Brick. I uploaded my entries on May 1st, on the day that I first learned about the contest, but since the deadline was April 30th at midnight, they were deleted. 🙁

The contest can be found at https://www.flickr.com/groups/3969145@N21/pool/ and the first prize is to win a trip to Skaerbaek Fair weekend in Billund, Denmark. There are also prizes of exclusive sets for second and third place. Unlike the Rebrick contests, which can have up to a thousand entries, I counted only 18 entries for this one!

The winner will be announced on May 9th. Good luck to Micah who IS officially entered in this contest, although I expect that the guy who recreated the Black Falcon Fortress has a good chance of taking first place.

Josh
    Keymaster

Sorry, guess I should have made it its own thread. http://www.steelcitylug.com/forum/topic/skaerbaek-sept-27-30-2018/#post-26376

Greg Schubert
    Participant

No apology needed, I missed the post entirely, I only became aware when I saw Micah’s squid … and I probably stood little chance of winning. 😛

Attachments:
    Micah Beideman
    Participant

Haha, yeah, I don’t anticipate that I’ll win. My entry was pretty rushed, and definitely didn’t turn out as well as it could have.
    But I still think I have a pretty good shot at second or third!

Josh
    Keymaster

I’ve missed a lot over the past few years, but I totally missed the detail in the ninjago city modular thing. this set was massive! I just saw someone refer to the galidor references in it (poster and minifig torso) and I found this article. dang. all those micro figs too! who got this set!?? I want to see how big it is!

The LEGO Ninjago Movie’s largest set: 70620 Ninjago City [Review]

Phil Breneman
    Participant

Not only that, but it connects to the forthcoming Ninjago City Docks.

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2018/04/24/lego-ninjago-70657-ninjago-city-docks-revelaed-news/

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Ninjago City Docks.

is that a transblue baseplate?

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> is that a transblue baseplate?

We wish. In the Ninjago City set, the water was done by putting 1×2 trans-light blue tiles on top of different colored plates and wedge plates to create a texture, and it looks like they’re doing the same thing in this set.

>> Haha, yeah, I don’t anticipate that I’ll win. My entry was pretty rushed, and definitely didn’t turn out as well as it could have.
    But I still think I have a pretty good shot at second or third!

I’m not sure if this got posted somewhere else or not and I missed it, but BTB posted a video on the contest four days ago and Micah came in third.

Josh
    Keymaster

As nick mentioned a while back, Netflix now has a documentary on LEGO under ‘toys that made us’

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Getting 20 pounds of LEGO parts at a yardsale seems like great fortune … until you have to sort them. Anyway, here are some unfamiliar parts I cam across. I was skeptical at first that they were actual LEGO parts, but I eventually found LEGO mornings.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by Greg Schubert.
    Attachments:
    Sean Collins
    Participant

Lol i have all those parts minus the small yellow one

Dan
    Participant

#ConfirmedLegoMornings

Viewing 25 posts - 551 through 575 (of 1,453 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar