Threadjacking

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Threadjacking

Viewing 25 posts - 1,001 through 1,025 (of 1,453 total)
  • Author
    Rich Millich
    Participant

Hahaha @greg. I have too many bricks now!

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I found this guy on Flickr, he lives in Sydney, and posts of a lot of Lego display photos (apparently there’s a lot of Lego events in southeast Australia other than Brickvention), and a lot of travel photos. This one is called ‘Lego factory tour in Jiaxing China 2018’.

If there’s a story behind this pic that I know about, I don’t remember it. I’m curious as to how we ended up front and center on this photo. Did somebody in our group sign the brick and send it to them? How’d that come about?

Lego factory tour in Jiaxing China 2018

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Slowly building out a Lego/craft/pay room for the girls in the basement.

Wait, wait… you have to PAY to use the room?!?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

If there’s a story behind this pic that I know about, I don’t remember it. I’m curious as to how we ended up front and center on this photo. Did somebody in our group sign the brick and send it to them? How’d that come about?

I have the vaguest recollection of maybe we were at a con somewhere and someone had people signing bricks…? It’s not my handwriting… anyone recognize your Sharpie work??

Tim

Not my handwriting but whoever did, good job!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I am looking into conducting an energy audit of a church. Does @zbauer (or anyone else) know of a cost effective way to do this?

There is an “Energy Doctor” in Westmoreland County who seems very experienced but also very expensive.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Look like TLG released a new stud and plate parts pack today. Interesting colors and good price, $250 for 11,000 pieces! Woah….

31203 World Map

https://brickset.com/article/59534/review-31203-world-map

Zach Bauer
    Participant

I am looking into conducting an energy audit of a church. Does @zbauer (or anyone else) know of a cost effective way to do this?

There is an “Energy Doctor” in Westmoreland County who seems very experienced but also very expensive.

I’m intrigued @greg! I did a little bit of it in school. I could probably help out with everything that can be observed outside of a blower door test (the analysis part of materials, energy bills, etc.) then you could just hire someone to do a blower door test if needed to understand the air changes of the building.

I didn’t run an energy analysis on the Lego church I built but I imagine it would be poor since the entire back was left open to the elements!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

@zbauer, let me know when you are back in the ‘burgh and I’ll show you several issues, ex. having boilers that turn on when its 80+ degrees outside and no one has been in the building for hours

Zach Bauer
    Participant

@greg sounds good. I’ll bring my ghostbusters equipment also just in case 😉

Should be either July or August but I’ll let you know.

Josh
    Keymaster

Anyone have a dark bluish gray bird they can part with? Sold one on bricklink for a guy who wants to meet in cranberry tomorrow and I only have dark gray. Came in these sets:

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=2546&colorID=85&in=A

I’ll happily backfill it for you, just need something to give him tomorrow.

Tom Frost
    Participant

Does anybody have a recent picture of the PAB menu at the Ross Park store?

Greg Schubert
    Participant

No, but what part are you thinking about?

Tom Frost
    Participant

Jonah and I are working on a project and need a bunch of things. I wanted to see what was on the PAB to be able keep working quicker than waiting for a BL order.

Bob Grier
    Participant

@tfdesigns
    , I took this on June 5th, the day of the Q2 meeting, so it’s a couple of weeks old.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> Jonah and I are working on a project and need a bunch of things.

Is this the big WhiteTron display or is it something else?

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I took this on June 5th

The part labeled #6, https://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?P=35480&colorID=69, tends to evaporate.

The part labeled #47, https://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?P=11213&colorID=34, makes a really cool torus if you only click one side together. I’m not sure how many cups of parts that would require though.

Tom Frost
    Participant

@bengood921 nope…that is still in the works but not presently making much progress…this is something else entirely.

@rcgrier3406
    thanks, Bob, that helps!

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Jonah and I are working on a project and need a bunch of things. I wanted to see what was on the PAB to be able keep working quicker than waiting for a BL order.

If it is on the PAB wall, I might have it. Let me know what you need @tfdesigns.

Tom Frost
    Participant

Thanks @tcsbgdady, we actually stopped by the store today anyway.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> we actually stopped by the store today anyway.

What, and we don’t get a pic of your haul for the day?

Josh
    Keymaster

didn’t we have a “crazy prices on brinklink” thread? I can’t seem to find it.

I remember I bough 4 of these back in 2012 or so to build a small highmark building. I paid $12 each from germany.

They sold for $20 today.
    https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3685#T=C&C=2

only in some rare set from legoland california, it seems.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Does anyone have sets of train wheels to sell? I need like six of these, with or without the bogie plates.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Phil Breneman
    Participant

Greg, depends on how picky you are about the buffer style. There are several styles (see here). I have one of the older style like you show, three with the plow, and 9 others with sealed magnets (probably all type 2). I have enough wheels and yellow bogie plates to make 10 sets. I may have more black bogie plates somewhere but only found 5 in a quick search.

Edit: Link goes to train but not to buffers specifically. Just search for the term buffer and you can get where I intended.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Phil Breneman.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Does anyone remember that LUG members had once planned a trip to the LEGO store at Beachwood Mall (near Cleveland) and were going to stop at a LEGO parts store along the way? What was the second-hand / after-market store?

Viewing 25 posts - 1,001 through 1,025 (of 1,453 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar