Threadjacking

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Threadjacking

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 1,453 total)
  • Author
    Tom Frost
    Participant

When my son Jonah turned 5 last month, we had a Nexo Knight’s birthday party. Pictures here and here.

Zach Bauer
    Participant

He now is the coolest 5 year old I know. Kid knows how to party.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

In TARGET I saw a sign that reads “20% OFF ALL TOYS!” IN GREAT BIG LETTERS!!!

with “except LEGO” in little letters at the bottom

Tim

Nobody has posted in almost two days. So I felt obligated to throw some random thoughts up here, just to make sure we’re all still alive. 😛

“Except LEGO” – How often have we all seen that disclaimer.

Are the Disney minifigs back in stores yet? I’ve not been looking hard for them but was in Cranberry Target the other day and did not see them. Same at Cranberry WalMart last week. Do I need to suck it up and go to TRU? Should I just hit a Lego Store the next time I can?

Is anyone interested in going to a Pirates’ game later this year as a group? Our Scout pack goes every year and the group ticket prices are pretty reasonable, especially for Monday-Thursday games. Our game with the Scouts is $16/ticket for upper deck first base side and includes a Hat. Maybe something to discuss briefly at Q2.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

to make sure we’re all still alive.

Is anyone interested in going to a Pirates’ game later this year as a group?

P’raps.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Are you talking to me?

Pete
    Participant

fast forward to 18:55

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I’ve received a job offer from a local school district

That’s great! North Hills, Washington PA, where?

Laura
    Participant

That’s great! North Hills, Washington PA, where?

It’s at Burgettstown as the STEAM instructor.

Tom Frost
    Participant

@hannah133 here is the parts case that I was talking about on saturday. With coupon code 48831713 they are only 6.99ea. You can buy 7 at a time with that coupon. To buy in store you need the print coupon from the paper, there was one is this week’s newspaper.

case

Greg Schubert
    Participant

For storage, I prefer something that is mostly clear on all sides so that you can see what is inside. Also when you get those compartments of fixed size, its hard to use them efficiently and its hard for me to get out more than one or two at a time.

I use a lot of containers that I got for free or would have been recycled. For smaller compartments within large containers, I use ziplock bags; most bricklink vendors send parts in ziplock bags anyway and I keep reusing them. I use a lot of pretzel barrels (and we don’t really eat pretzels), but the containers I like the best are unique to what I was able to find:

1. Cherry containers from Rita’s Italian Ice have really thick plastic, a nice wide opening and a screw top lid. My wife worked there a couple of summers.
    2. Clear petri dishes from Biology experiments which are just deep enough for a 2×2 brick are stackable and are really good for small parts. This photo provides a glimpse of the variety of containers I use for storage.

greg, BUT WE LIKE ORDER AND EVERYTHING MATCHY MATCHY. ?

I know Josh, but I prefer the three R’s.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

(and we don’t really eat pretzels)

That tears it! I can’t work with someone who doesn’t really eat pretzels!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Why is the Pick-a-Brick section of the Shop at Home sight often the top seller? A single cheese slope costs 10 cents! There might be some hot items by bricklink standards on there once in a while but there are 1500 parts to search through. #puzzled

Tom Frost
    Participant

Toys R Us took a chunk of my wallet this week!

Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Toys R Us

That looks like a good haul! Is it someone’s birthday or has your family just run out of things to do this summer? Also, it seems like you found the series 16 figs, which even the LEGO Discovery Center did not have in stock last weekend.

Tom Frost
    Participant

Nexo Knights were 20% off this week and TRU put out the second wave sets (even though the official release date wasn’t until Aug 1). I’m going to buy them all anyway, may as well get them while they are on sale (and before TRU jacks the price by 10% or more). Most are for Jonah, but a couple are for me. We promised him Jestro’s Volcano Base for his birthday, but the rest we will space out. We found series 16 at Washington TRU and Robinson TRU. I was able to complete a set and get a few that Jonah wanted too.

Tom Frost
    Participant

Happy birthday to me!

Attachments:
    David Bacon
    Participant

I know it’s a long shot, but does anybody have the desire for a pristine Lego box for set 79004 The Hobbit Barrel Escape? I’ll give it to you for free.

Hobbit Lego box

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by David Bacon.
    David Bacon
    Participant

If anybody has been trying to find the Disney collectible minifigures without luck, the SW Randell downtown has about 30 of them now.

Josh
    Keymaster

How much though? Usually they’re prices are high…perhaps high enough to still go bricklink.

David Bacon
    Participant

How much though? Usually they’re prices are high…perhaps high enough to still go bricklink.

Oh they have them for $3.95, which is retail, I believe. A number of other sets were marked up high, but not these.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Does the LUG have a good train station for LEGO displays? I would suggest a train station like the one below because
    1) we have amusement park rides
    2) Cinderella’s castle is coming out
    3) roller coaster track parts are becoming more plentiful
    4)

I’m looking at starting to do a big, probably multi-year, project recreating the Disneyland Jungle Cruise out of Lego.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Lego-Victorian-Train-Station-Set-40108-40140-71012-Over-3000pcs-/142078690830?hash=item21148cc60e:g:A88AAOSwHoFXp-4M

We don’t need to buy the train station on eBay, I think someone sells instructions for it. Instead of Disney, there could be a Kennywood flavor instead … possibly tie it in with the incline project as a historical site and qualify for LUG support.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Greg Schubert.
    Attachments:
    Tim

Does the LUG have a good train station for LEGO displays?

I’ve been considering building several different train stations: (1) Disney World Magic Kingdom Train Station; (2) a much larger version of 2150; and (3) Union Station downtown. The Disney station would be best in an amusement park setting while Union Station would best follow a “Pittsburgh-centric” theme.

I don’t recall that Kennywood has a real definitive “station” for its train ride (does the train ride even exist anymore – I can not remember).

Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

The Magic Kingdom train station would be perfect and easily recognizable. Who wouldn’t smile to see a LEGO replica of it, especially with Cinderella’s castle in the background.

The new Elsa’s castle set has minty green roof slopes that might be a good color.

http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=41068-1#T=S&O={}

For the sand red color you would probably have to use the back of 2×2 slopes because they are much cheaper than 1×2 bricks.

Tim

For the sand red color you would probably have to use the back of 2×2 slopes because they are much cheaper than 1×2 bricks.

The station is actually brick red. In the picture I pulled earlier, the sunlight made the bricks look washed out and Sand Red in color. Whew, dodged a crippling financial bullet there. The mansard roof is mainly sand green and the entire station design is reminiscent of French Revival architecture.

Attachments:
Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 1,453 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar