2021 Cranberry First Night

Home Forums LUG discussions 2021 Cranberry First Night

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Rich Millich
    Participant

Mmmmmmm. Cider.

Josh
    Keymaster

I’m working friday and won’t be there, but let me know if anything is needed from here.

Bob Grier
    Participant

I’m working friday and won’t be there, but let me know if anything is needed from here.

@joshhall
    , if we still have a bunch of 2×2 white tiles in LUG inventory, we could use those to spread some “snow” around the HP displays, similar to what we did a couple of years ago at Winter Trolley.

For my part, I’m currently planning to bring my Diagon Alley stuff (Gringotts, Ollivanders, Leaky Cauldron, Flourish & Blotts, and Borgin and Burke’s, along with as many HP minifigs as I can find to populate the “alley”. I’m also going to bring some of my HP related kinetic models (flying Hedwig, galloping Unicorn, and my latest one, a galloping and wing flapping Buckbeak!!) If anyone has and wants to bring Fawkes, that would be a great addition!

@timf
    , I know you’re bringing your Hogwarts Express, so I’ll plan to throw mine in as well in case you want to add cars to yours like we’ve done in the past, or we need a back-up engine.

Josh
    Keymaster

no one’s planning on being south of the city before then, right?

Kevin
    Participant

We don’t cross rivers, man.

I’m planning on bringing a holiday train and a trolley (and a bunch of aaa batteries) I can bring more track if we need it, but it’s not “fancy” track. I have the Disney train and passenger train if we need them.

I have Fawkes and can build him tonight.

I can also build a Zonko’s Joke Shop, Hog’s Head, Scrivenshaft’s and the Shrieking Shack for Hogsmeade if we need them too.

Krista K

I have a small table that I’m pretty sure will fit in my car (see picture) that I can bring. If I can fit a bigger one, I’ll bring that instead.

I’m also bringing Duplo trains, track, hand sanitizer, as well as Santa’s sleigh, Santa’s visit, a butter brew cart, and maybe the clock tower if I can get it finished in time.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tim

I know you’re bringing your Hogwarts Express, so I’ll plan to throw mine in as well in case you want to add cars to yours like we’ve done in the past, or we need a back-up engine.

@bob, yes, I am planning on bringing my Hogwarts Express, track, and controllers. I’ll be there around 3:00 pm for set up Friday afternoon.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

If the clock tower is the Harry Potter one, I have that built already if that helps.

Do you think you will be set on the DUPLO table, or do you want something in the center of the track?

Does the Children’s Library have a table like this that we could borrow so you don’t have to transport your own table?

Krista K

If the clock tower is the Harry Potter one, I have that built already if that helps.

Yes, that would be the one. 🙂

Do you think you will be set on the DUPLO table, or do you want something in the center of the track?

If you have something, I’m open. I’ve been going back and forth on what to put inside (other than more track) since it will be a high-touch space. In hindsight, it would be cool to bring play brick and let kids build a village for the train.

Does the Children’s Library have a table like this that we could borrow so you don’t have to transport your own table?

That’s a great question! @timf do you know? It’s not a huge deal to bring up the little one, but if there’s already one there, even better. 🙂

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I can bring the HP clock tower. Do you think a DUPLO baseplate will fit inside the loop of the track?

Bob Grier
    Participant

@joshhall
    , I can meet you someplace in between if that helps, either this afternoon or tomorrow before I go to Cranberry for set-up. Let me know what works best for you.

@timf
    , is there anything else we need from the LUG inventory? Banner? Business cards?

Josh
    Keymaster

@kacierno – your brick badge is in the supplies I just sent up with kevin.

I included a big thing of hand sanitizer, just to use through what we have in the lug supply before we use anyone else’s personal stuff. we have 2 of those big things left.

I could not find the 2nd banner…I want to say we even have a 3rd…maybe I took 2 to trolley? Anyone know where they are?

I forgot lugdoug! I’ll send him to trolley.

sent up some don’t touch signs.

I put a black table cloth in the bin because I’m extra and hate exposed table.

I sent up the snow trees too…don’t lose any! We originally had 97, but we’re down to 96 now…MY BABIES!

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I put a black table cloth in the bin because I’m extra and hate exposed table.

But winter displays should have white tablecloths for snow, eh?!

Tim Brown
    Participant

I have a white table cloth I bring over when you start setting up @ 3

Bob Grier
    Participant

@timf has requested (6) 8 ft. tables for this event, and as far as I know is planning to cover them all with the dark green tablecloths that he has (which he has reams and reams of). Last time we were there in 2019, we put a white tablecloth (I think it was really a bed sheet) under part of the display that had the more Christmassy stuff. Pic attached for reference.

Bob Grier
    Participant

@timf has requested (6) 8 ft. tables for this event, and as far as I know is planning to cover them all with the dark green tablecloths that he has (which he has reams and reams of). Last time we were there, we put a white tablecloth (I think it was really a bed sheet) under part of the display that had the more Christmassy stuff, so that will be helpful @tbrown00. Pic from 2019 attached for reference.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Josh
    Keymaster

@timf has requested (6) 8 ft. tables for this event, and as far as I know is planning to cover them all with the dark green tablecloths that he has (which he has reams and reams of). Last time we were there, we put a white tablecloth (I think it was really a bed sheet) under part of the display that had the more Christmassy stuff, so that will be helpful @tbrown00. Pic from 2019 attached for reference.

wow. I am very disconnected from the Cranberry First Night displays!!! That looks great. I just remember horror stories of members having to fight off hands and keep people back from a 1 table display…we’ve come a long way! I’m sorry I’ve never made it up for one of these in person! Thank you for being well informed and patient with me.

Tim

That’s a great question! timf do you know? It’s not a huge deal to bring up the little one, but if there’s already one there, even better.

@knb112 I am not sure. The library definitely has a few low tables, but I think they are just regular tables and not Lego specific tables.

Tim

timf, is there anything else we need from the LUG inventory? Banner? Business cards?

@rcgrier3406 some of the Do Not Touch signs would be good along with some LUG magnets. Otherwise, I think we are good to go.

I forgot we had strung Christmas lights around the display. I’ll try to remember to bring some with me. If anyone else has some to contribute, that would be great. 🙂

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Tim.
    Krista K

The library definitely has a few low tables, but I think they are just regular tables and not Lego specific tables.

@timf
    Thanks for checking. I’m bringing the bigger (LEGO-themed) table because I couldn’t get a loop of track on the small one. I just have to rebuild it when I get there, but it goes together pretty quickly. It’s a pretty basic table, but is branded so it’ll be cool.

Does color matter on the lights? Not quite sure what’s in storage.

Do you think a DUPLO baseplate will fit inside the loop of the track?

@greg
    I’m fairly confident we can fit a DUPLO baseplate in the middle, even with two loops.

I included a big thing of hand sanitizer, just to use through what we have in the lug supply before we use anyone else’s personal stuff. we have 2 of those big things left.

Thanks @joshhall, much appreciated!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Krista K.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

I made a red, green and white DUPLO house to go in the center of the DUPLO train track. 🙂

Can we park in the front to unload or do we have to go to the back of the library? Is someone bringing a cart to make transporting lots of boxes easier?

Tim

@knb112 any color lights are fine.

@greg
    you should be able to park in the front. I normally pull up just beyond the doors (so as not to block anyone coming in or out of the building). I am not sure if anyone has the handcart.

@rcgrier3406
    I can not remember if you are bringing any of your Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley buildings but I will bring my Quality Quidditch Supplies.

Bob Grier
    Participant

@rcgrier3406
    I can not remember if you are bringing any of your Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley buildings but I will bring my Quality Quidditch Supplies.

Diagon Alley, so Quality Quiddich is perfect!

@mrmain18
    has mentioned possibly bringing some Hogsmeade buildings, so I also have my Hogsmeade station buildings packed in case we want to use them.

Tim

mrmain18 has mentioned possibly bringing some Hogsmeade buildings, so I also have my Hogsmeade station buildings packed in case we want to use them.

Sounds great! See you shortly.

Kevin
    Participant

I have to wait until Cooper gets off the bus around 3:15 before heading up. I should be there at 4ish.

I took a mental health day from work and will be building Fawkes and/or the Shrieking Shack after getting the car packed.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar