2021 Q4 build challenge – Alt build

Home Forums MOCs Build challenges! 2021 Q4 build challenge – Alt build

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Keymaster

Shoot. I forget to give you all one of these at the Q3 meeting! The lug received 36 of these sets. The inventory managers decided the best use for these would be to give everyone one in the heart of a build challenge. Using only the parts from this set, build something else. Doesn’t matter the theme or size.

I’ll try to take a bunch to brickfest live for people to pick up too. let me know here if you want to make sure you get one! first come first serve – once they’re gone, then you can participate by finding out what parts are in it and sourcing them yourself.

[60225] – Rover Testing Drive
    https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/rover-testing-drive-60225

https://i0.wp.com/www.lego.com/cdn/cs/catalog/assets/blt44c7307abd4fef69/1/LEGO_60225_WEB_PRI_1488.jpg?w=980&ssl=1

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Saturday evening I got home from Q3, built the set, and then took it apart and put it all in a slider bag so I can build something for the build challenge later. To make sure I know what’s what – I’m doing a lot of Lego organizing these days and there’s stuff all over the place – I dropped a 3×5 card in the bag with the set information and Q4 written on it, information that I wrote with my brand new Steel City LUG brand(TM) pen!!! You know, the one that was bequeathed to me at Q3. So it’s already getting put to good use 😀 😀 😀

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

brand new Steel City LUG brand(TM) pen!!! You know, the one that was bequeathed to me at Q3.

WHAT.

I want one.

Also in for the build challenge.

When’s the Q4 meeting? Presumably on a Saturday I’m unavailable… #MattIsTheNewLaura

Renée
    Participant

Do we have to use all the parts?

Tim

I don’t think so. You just can not use any additional parts.

Josh
    Keymaster

Right. You can use as little pieces as you’d like.

The competition will be based on a balanced judge’s opinion of how unique of a design it is from the original intent.

Kevin
    Participant

Want!

Can someone pretty please give one to Krista so I can pick it up when I pick up my mosaics??

Renée
    Participant

@mrmain18 I ended up with an extra one, I’ll hand it off to @knb112 for you

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Renée.
    Krista K

Thanks @legoleia51 I appreciate it. 🙂

Greg Schubert
    Participant

This is breaking tradition for build challenges, but I have finished my entry and the photo is attached. If you cannot tell, it is WALL-E and a cube of compacted trash.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

If we cannot tell, did you achieve your goal with the build…? 😉

also the filename is WALL-E and is clearly visible in your post, so…

JK, looks great!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I did not use anything that was outside the set. The best might be his eyes, which are hard to see in this photo, I will need to create another pic with better lighting.

Renée
    Participant

That head tilt has WALL-E written all over it!

Steve
    Participant

Josh, I am interested in participating (this will be my first build!) and if there are any extras sets, I would like to pick up on one Sunday (our time slot is 2:00 to 5:00).

Thanks!

~Steve

Josh
    Keymaster

Steve, did you end up grabbing a set?

Anyone else still need one? I have a few of them at my house and Krista took a few up to the northerners.

Here’s my (first?) entry. Maddie helped me with the cat ears.
    Purrrrrver testing drive alt 60225 build

Steve
    Participant

Adam and I just finished our first build! It was fun, but very challenging to come up with an idea that works. At first, we were thinking of some sort of mecha, but that quickly went out the window once we saw what parts we had to work with. Adam built the body and I added some of the features to make a….jet-powered hydrofoil with water cannons instead. Now we just have to keep it from falling apart before the Q4 meeting. 🙂

Attachments:
    Jim Rolfe
    Participant

That’s not Anakin’s pod racer.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Jim Rolfe.
    Attachments:
    Josh
    Keymaster

Oh, that’s good.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Anakin’s pod racer

cool idea! now put the picture into Photoshop and blur all the buckets … or put a mirror in front of them to reflect the table 🙂

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Greg Schubert.
    Lindsay
    Participant

These all look great everyone! Looks like a really fun challenge!! Great Job all!!

Logan C
    Participant

Obviously not a challenge entry, I just wanted to build the actual set before I get started. I rarely find myself building with actual instructions these days, so this was a refreshing experience. Building the set also helped me get a better feel for the parts that are available to me in this build challenge. Those of you who have seen some of my prior work might have a pretty good idea where I intend to go with this…we’ll see if I’m able to actually pull it off! Overall, great set and I’m excited to begin working on my alt-build!

Attachments:
    Rich Millich
    Participant

Obviously not a challenge entry, I just wanted to build the actual set before I get started. I rarely find myself building with actual instructions these days, so this was a refreshing experience. Building the set also helped me get a better feel for the parts that are available to me in this build challenge. Those of you who have seen some of my prior work might have a pretty good idea where I intend to go with this…we’ll see if I’m able to actually pull it off! Overall, great set and I’m excited to begin working on my alt-build!

That sounds like a laid back LEGO plan for a Friday night for me. Build the set first, get a feel for color proportions and interconnected parts… Might do that after a Burger and Beer jaunt.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Obviously I was bored in a meeting so another re-build. Martian Rally Racer…and friend!

Attachments:
    Dan
    Participant

@knb112 any chance I can pick up one of these from you? Otherwise I’ll have to break out Studio!

Krista K

@knb112 any chance I can pick up one of these from you? Otherwise I’ll have to break out Studio!

@randomdan You’re in luck! I have one left with your name on it. Send me a text 412 – 719 – 6465

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar