Walmart.com deals

Home Forums LUG discussions BUY / SELL / TRADE! Walmart.com deals

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Joseph G
    Participant

Galaxy Explorer for $75
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Galaxy-Explorer-Building-Set-for-Adults-who-love-Space-10497/140718640

Vader meditation chamber for $50
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Star-Wars-Darth-Vader-Meditation-Chamber-75296-Fun-Creative-Building-Toy-663-Pieces/668524990

Note: I had luck seeing these prices on desktop but not on mobile.

Ordered 2x Galaxy Explorer!

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Got a second GE! AND confirmed, no luck on mobile but PC was fine. I think it is regional so if on mobile you may want to change your buying location even if you are shipping it. That could work but it is easier to just login to a PC.

Joseph G
    Participant

Kinda shocked these are still live. They must have made a LOT of these.

Blaze987
    Participant

Looks like a lot of rollbacks on speed champions sets now too. I just bought a whole bunch.

I also confirmed the galaxy explorer and meditation chamber are both still live too.

Joseph G
    Participant
    Mike Bez
    Participant

$25, online now for W+ members, later today for everyone else (like me):

I picked this deal up yesterday as well. $25 for 1500 pieces!

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Lotsa stuff going on sale up to half off tomorrow at 12 PM EST for Walmart + members. 7PM for the rest of us. I’m case you missed the deluge of emails and ads.

Target too. I saw a bunch drip this morning.

Tim Brown
    Participant

Kohl’s is having 30% off a select sets as well all week. Haven’t had a chance yet to go over and see which ones are included. Their selection is in general is so so, so don’t expect any big ideas/icons sets. Also Walmart has had some bundle sets as well. Basically 3-4 sets bundled together and sold at the cost of 1 or 2. They are larger boxes and often shelved outside of the main Lego section. Amounts to about 20-30% off by my estimate. And yeah the $25 classic box is back. In Cranberry it’s out in one of the center aisle displays and not anywhere near toys.

PLAYINGWITHECHOES
    Participant

Any train sets on sale?

Tim Brown
    Participant

Haven’t seen any trains but the Target in Cranberry has one more Harry Potter mosaic on sale for $71.99. 40% off what Target normally sells it for.

Tim Brown
    Participant

Baseplates at traget were also 20% off

Josh
    Keymaster

walk away...

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Josh.
    Joseph G
    Participant

Just saw some train stuff: https://www.walmart.com/search?q=lego+train+track

60205 @ $14 (down from $20 I thnink)
    60238 @ $12.79

Joseph G
    Participant

Looks like on sale at Target.com too (at this time)

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Now the Galaxy Explorer 10497 is $50! Great deal.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> Now the Galaxy Explorer 10497 is $50! Great deal.

Sweet! I’d debated on whether to take advantage of the $75 deal, since I ordered my first one back in July before it was released. So now I don’t feel so bad about my indecisive procrastinating. In fact, I was gonna get two, but Walmart only let me buy one.

Jonathan Wagner
    Participant

Galaxy Explorer

There it is! I’m hoping to get one.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I’m now getting a ‘Check availability’ message, even though I’m logged out. Maybe the browser still remembers that I ordered one. It’s also saying not available for pickup at any local store.

I ordered one this morning, and they said Friday delivery, but while I was out doing yard work, I got an email that it’s going to arrive today. I’m pretty sure that that’s the fastest mail delivery of a Lego set I’ve ever had ever.

Tim Brown
    Participant

Got two.

It’s limited availability at this price. You have to click the link on the Galaxy Explorer page to check which stores have it for pick up. Cranberry has tons of these in the store for $75, but they aren’t available online at Cranberry at all. Closest to Cranberry that had them available were Monaca and Butler.

Mike Bez
    Participant

Yep, I was only able to order for pickup at the Butler store. Great deal!

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Really? I went to Walmart in Cranberry this morning and they wouldn’t match the price so I ordered it in store for pickup and grabbed it an hour later.

Tim Brown
    Participant

Walmart.com has some marketing strategy where they only allocate so many of a product at each store location at a deal price. I think it may be an attempt to ensure better distribution of the product or prevent hiccups in the system. I had the same issue last year with some video game deals. Sold out for delivery at Cranberry but the one in Ambridge had the games at the rock bottom price.

PLAYINGWITHECHOES
    Participant

Awesome. I need to stock up on plastic track since my 9v is too valuable for layouts to use as shelve space for my collection. Thanks for the heads up. XD

Jonathan Wagner
    Participant

Just checked right now and picked up Galaxy Explorer for 50 bucks. It looks like it’s only periodically available at that price and based on the inventory of the local stores so if they are out, gotta choose a different store for pickup at that price. Trying to get people to come in I take it.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> I ordered one this morning, and they said Friday delivery, but while I was out doing yard work, I got an email that it’s going to arrive today. I’m pretty sure that that’s the fastest mail delivery of a Lego set I’ve ever had ever.

Btw, my set didn’t actually arrive on Wednesday. If Walmart had simply let it alone, it would have arrived on Friday as expected, and it would have been fine. Instead, it’s still going to arrive on Friday (today) but now I’m thinking that Walmart *** language alert *** is a bunch of incompetent doodybutts. Or at least we hope it’s arriving today, the tracking messages aren’t inspiring confidence. I talked to customer support online Wednesday evening to make sure it wasn’t lost already, and he assured me that it would arrive today. I said that was fine, but they sent me a $10 off code as compensation. Which is nice, I guess, except that it’s $35 for free shipping, which means I’m still gonna have to spend $25 to use it. And I pretty much never order from walmart-dot-com, so it’s gonna have to be something I really want that’s already discounted, or my code will go unused. I have three months to figure something out.

I also wondered if I could trick Walmart into thinking I hadn’t ordered a $50 Galaxy Explorer by simply going to the site using an incognito Firefox tab. Apparently Walmart knows that one. In that situation, the price defaulted to $119.95. Those of you who are experienced buyers will recognize this price as both “a twenty-percent increase over retail” and “not freakin’ fifty dollars”, so that idea was quickly abandoned.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar