Walmart.com deals

Home Forums LUG discussions BUY / SELL / TRADE! Walmart.com deals

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Joseph G
    Participant

Ugh, hope it ends up arriving. 🙁

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

It’s not looking good. I talked to customer service for the fourth time just now. They tried to convince me to cancel the order and reorder it. I pointed out that if I do a search on the Walmart website for the item now, it doesn’t even come up. So I pushed back hard, and then at the end, they magically discovered that it’s rescheduled for delivery tomorrow. (When it doesn’t show up by 5pm today, I contacted them, even though they had until 9pm, because there was no change in the tracking info online, and they told me it would show up between 8pm and 10pm, and I canceled grocery shopping to wait for it, and surprise, it didn’t show up.)

I was able to find out what store it’s coming from, which is the one in Cranberry, which is the one I shop at, and I said to tell them I’m coming tomorrow to pick it up. Hopefully, down the road, when I use the printed tiles and the windscreens and the astronauts in a super awesome MOC, just seeing them won’t remind me of how cranky I became just trying to obtain them.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

PS – I got another $15 promo code. I don’t know if I can use two codes on one order.

Tim Brown
    Participant

Sorry that’s happened to you. My experience wasn’t the greatest either…but at least I was able to get mine. Unclear instructions on pick up and a hole punched in one of the boxes. Fortunately for them I don’t care too much about the boxes. Also interesting was that one of the printed tiles in one of the sets was a miss print. Yay for unique(ish) part lol. I did like a few of the techniques they used in the build. Hadn’t seen the pan/snot combo before. I’m sure it’s been around for a long time…but it was new to me. That airlock door is pretty cool too.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Amazingly, my set was delivered today. It was a rather unexpected turn of events. I originally planned to drive up there today, with the idea that even if they couldn’t come up with my order, I could get some shopping done on ordinary stuff like soda and paper towels. And then I realized that if they couldn’t come up with my order, which is what I’d expected, that I was gonna be cranky and wasn’t gonna wanna spend money on other stuff at their store that I could easily get elsewhere. So I decided to call first.

And then I procrastinated, because I was fully expecting a frustrating call that would end with my finally giving up on the order and fanatically boycotting Walmart for life. And then… I idly refreshed the tracking page, even though I was thinking that it was an exercise in futility and why am I even bothering because of course it’s not gonna change, and behold! It had changed. It updated to ‘arriving today’, and then ‘on the way’, and then ‘out for delivery’, and then ‘delivered’. There’s no real damage to the box that would suggest that the contents may be less than one-hundred percent. So now I’m psyching myself up for a relaxing evening of assembling it, even though I’ve done the set before. And so I probably will use my $25 worth of coupon codes.

>> I did like a few of the techniques they used in the build. Hadn’t seen the pan/snot combo before. I’m sure it’s been around for a long time…but it was new to me. That airlock door is pretty cool too.

In August, I did talk about it a bit on the ‘What’s Ben building’ thread, but I didn’t go into any real detail because I didn’t want to give anybody spoilers (spoiler alert). It is on my list of greatest Lego sets ever, and even though I had extremely high expectations for the set, they were still exceeded. There’s all kinds of cool stuff they did, I was especially impressed with the ramp in the back, the way the guys can fly around on the thrusters, the printed tiles, the technique for assembling the wings, the way they replicated classic parts at a larger scale, the landing gear, and all the interior details.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

I’m just sticking this here mostly because I’m lazy…

Amazon deal:

Random box of 6 Series 23 CMF are 30% off! Great deal!

LEGO Minifigures Series 23 6 Pack 71036 Building Toy Set; Collectible Gift for Kids Boys and Girls Ages 5+ (Pack of 6 Blind Bags to Collect) https://a.co/d/cpK5lI3

Josh
    Keymaster

You’re the best deal hunter, Jim! Thanks!

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

You’re the best deal hunter, Jim! Thanks!

You’re welcome! I wish my wallet held the same enthusiasm for my deal hunting! 🤣

Joseph G
    Participant

Thanks Jim, in for a couple. Let there be knights!

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Any train sets on sale?

Yes!

Amazon has LEGO City Switch Tracks (60238) on sale for $9.59. Shipping is free with Prime or orders $25 or more.

Walmart also has LEGO City Switch Tracks (60238) on sale for $9.59. Shipping is free with Walmart+ (Free 30-Day Trial Here) or orders $35 or more.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

For those wondering, you can’t use more than one promo code for a single online order. So Walmart giving me a $10 code and then a $15 code now seems like them trying to trick me into spending more in order to make the $35 free shipping minimum twice. So my new plan is to use them on smaller sets for in-store pickup, which I can do, so that I’m spending practically nothing. I’ll have to see what I can come up with, $15 doesn’t get you much of a set these days.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Deals keep coming!!

Dark Red parts pack!

Deal of the day: LEGO Icons Pickup Truck 10290 Building Set for Adults (1677 Pieces) https://a.co/d/hwyZjLN

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Another great Minifig deal:

Deal of the day: LEGO Minifigures The Muppets Limited Edition Collectible 71035 Toys for Role-Playing or a Figurine Collection; A Creative Addition to Any Set for Kids Ages 5 and up (Pack of 6) https://a.co/d/f45mjv9

Mike Bez
    Participant

Not a Walmart deal but for the Harry Potter fans out there lego.com has the large Harry and Hermione set (76393) 40% off! https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/harry-potter-hermione-granger-76393

Could be good for MOCs of other characters…

Jonathan Wagner
    Participant

My Walmart deal was delayed…no idea on it being delivered.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I had opposite problem (not really a problem) with my recent Amazon order. It was a single set I got using Rewards points. I ordered it on Sunday and the expected delivery date was today. Around 5pm I got this email:

>>> Your package is on the way but running late. We’re sorry for the delay.
    >
    >>> Now expected December 3 – December 6. Track your delivery for the latest updates.

The reason this is noteworthy is that the package was delivered to my house five hours earlier, and I’d already brought it inside. I’m not sure I’ve seen anything quite like that. Now I’m curious to see if they’ll send me any additional updates. O the suspense.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

If you like white masonry brick, I saw Walmart knocked the QE set down to $45.

Happy Hunting!

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Found a 3 for 1 Ninjago set yesterday at Walmart Baden. Set Number is 66715 and has 71742, 70688, and 70690 inside. Great deal for Ninjago at $15 (~$50 retail value of sets). They had 6 left last night when I left.

Tim Brown
    Participant

Walmart has a new 1800 piece Creative Fantasy Universe set 11033

Selling for $60 right now (33% off) if anyone needs to beef up their basic brick along with a surprising number of interesting pieces. Pink magic wand? Medieval mini fig weapons. 32x White Profile bricks. Sparkly Transparent pieces, frogs in different colors. A variety of gold pieces.

Marcella Spear
    Participant

Walmart.com has the Farmers Market Van for 27.48! It was originally 44.97.

LEGO City Farmers Market Van 60345 Building Set

https://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-City-Farmers-Market-Van-60345-Building-Set/376448465?athbdg=L1600

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tim

FYI, not an online deal but I was at the Cranberry Walmart today and saw the Lunar Research Base on the Clearance rack for $100 (MSRP $129.99). There was only one set – the box was a bit beat up but it looked unopened and complete.

I was not familiar with the set but looks like some interesting minifigs and has trans-blue dome pieces.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/lunar-research-base-60350

Tim Brown
    Participant

In store cranberry Walmart. Viking ship 3in1 is on clearance for $84

Will McDine
    Participant

A few months ago I got the Rocket Launch Center (60351) on clearance at the West Mifflin WalMart for $50. It was one of the last ones. They had rotated a bunch of stuff out of the clearance section including some of their exclusive 4 in one boxes. None of them were on as good of a deal as the Launch center though.

I was also Just at the Bethel Park Walmart the other day and they had a good bit of sets listed on clearance at like 15-20% off. With double VIP points around the corner at that time I opted to not buy anything but I might go back soon and see if they still have anything.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-changes!! When did cranberry Walmart flip the isle and add new signage?? Holy cow! Tough to read at first but once you see it you see it. Look for the black bar on the left of the pricing that signifies “clearance” pricing.

Cranberry had a ton of sets in all themes on sale today. Get there while they are there. I cleaned out the Viking ship…sorry…. But there were friends sets, HP, SW, Speed Champion, Creator, etc all at 30,40,50% off!

Happy Hunting!

Tim Brown
    Participant

Yeah, we are kind of a test site for new Walmart ideas looks like. I think they are reconfiguring to expand the footprint of their Walmart+/personal shopper/pick up experience. They literally just built a canopy for the pick up zone like last year….and then promptly ripped it out to make way for new. The E-ink signs are ok-ish. Hard to read…but yeah black bar on the left is what you want to look for. Curious to see what other changes are coming.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar