becoming a dealer

Home Forums All Things LEGO! becoming a dealer

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

PBF is too crowded, so I started a new thread

he is in the workings to become a LEGO dealer

@matthew-jeffory
    Do you mean that he is planning to open a real store, an online store or both? I have heard that there are a lot of requirements to meet to become a LEGO a retail seller.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Thank you for that.

Matthew
    Participant

It would be a mobile store, and it would not be online because the market is too saturated with people who buy low and sell low and make profitability too low to even consider online… I know there are lots of requirements, the biggest one is, the $10,000 min per year purchase, also the fact that lots of the sets and things are not easily obtained…

Greg Schubert
    Participant

10k a year does not seem like much – I thought they would prevent someone opening within a certain distance of a retail store that sells LEGO.

Matthew
    Participant

When you have a small list of what is available to a dealer, yes its a lot, because if you have a bunch of sets that dont move at all, spending 10k is a lot… and its not a physical store with brick and mortar, it would be a “mobile” store that moves around just like the greenberg shows…

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a mobile store that sells real LEGO products, only business ventures like BrickArms.

Matthew
    Participant

Have you been to the Greenberg train show? There is a guy there who im good friends with, hes a lego dealer and travels from show to show and state to state setting up at train shows selling lego products…

Josh
    Keymaster

Who are you and what did you do with Greg? lol 🙂

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Have you been to the Greenberg train show? There is a guy there who im good friends with, hes a lego dealer and travels from show to show and state to state setting up at train shows selling lego products…

What’s his name and store name? We were at Greenberg in Monroeville in Nov 2014 and Nov 2013 and I don’t remember him being at either one. I’m not sure if the LUG has done a Greenberg show that I wasn’t at. There is a thread here for the Greenberg show in July.

Matthew
    Participant

His name is Frank… i dont know the store name. And hes at each one in monroville, he has limited items, because like i said, the inventory list that LEGO gives him is not easy to obtain sets and things of the larger sorts… For instance, once sets are released, the dealers get a online website they can choose sets and “x” from. The sets are marked with a stop light at the cart area botton, green for you will get those sets, yellow for you might, and red for its not happening for a long time… He said that even if its green, you can wait up to three months for the sets…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar