Board Game Night

Home Forums Off Topic Board Game Night

Viewing 21 posts - 101 through 121 (of 121 total)
  • Author
    Megen
    Participant

I would love to be there, but we have to do our taxes ๐Ÿ™ hopefully I can make it in April!

Tim

My son, Jacob, will most likely be coming with me as well. @mitchsbricks we’ll probably be there around 1:00-1:15 pm. I had forgotten that we have the Blessing of the Baskets for Easter on Saturday at Noon (it takes about 15 minutes).

Mitch
    Participant

@timf thanks for the heads up!

@hacim
    do you want to come closer to 1 with Tim? Happy to play some two player games at 12, or delay to fit with Tim better.

Micah Beideman
    Participant

I think I’ll just come around 1.
    Though the idea of coming at 12:45 and starting a really long game right before Tim gets there is enticing…

Tim

@mitchsbricks thank you for hosting another awesome Board Game session. We had six people attend and played three games. The first was a group icebreaker word association game which was more complex than it first appeared. As a group, we failed miserably the first time, but rallied the second time for at least a somewhat respectable score. Next we played Libertalia, a pirate game. That was a new one for me but enjoyed the variety and would be definitely willing to play that one again. Finally, we revisited Quacks of Quedlingburg (Ben’s favorite potion brewing game).

I am volunteering to host the next Board Game Night in April, here in the far north of Cranberry. Saturday April 13 and Saturday April 27 are both available. I have a large finished basement so plenty of room for several games at once if needed. We could start around 1:00 pm and go until people want to leave (easy to order some pizza for dinner). Let me know who is interested and which day would work best.

Dan
    Participant

Thanks for volunteering @timf! Jenny and I could make the 13th but not the 27th.

Tim

Jenny and I could make the 13th but not the 27th.

OK, thank you @randomdan. I’m keeping both days open for now and can likely do both if there is enough interest in both days. Hoping some more North side residents chime in here. ๐Ÿ™‚

Micah Beideman
    Participant

There is a chance I could make it for the 13th. Not sure yet.
    I will not be available on the 27th.

UPDATE: I am unfortunately unavailable on the 13th as well.

Tim

Just bumping this as the 13th is this Saturday. Wanted to get a likely headcount. I have invited several friends of mine (non-LUG members) at least 2 of whom are coming.

In:

@randomdan
    and @dansboss

@mitchsbricks

@argonvesher

Myself +2

Out:
    @hacimh

Unknown (others who are in the north area and/or have expressed interest):

@bengood921

@megen19

@tbrown00

@tcsbgdady

@greg

My address is 105 Apple Blossom Lane, Cranberry Twp. If we get enough people, we can run at least two games simultaneously (there is plenty of room).

Tim Brown
    Participant

Just got back from Belize. Wife works and we’re catching up on things, so I doubt I’ll be able to make it over this weekend.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Thanks so much for the invite! I am fully booked with my daughter’s “friend” birthday party. that afternoon/evening. Maybe next time! Have fun!

Tim

@tbrown00 @tcsbgdady no worries at all. We’ll catch you next time. ๐Ÿ™‚

Mitch
    Participant

Looking forward to it. Still 1pm start time?

Iโ€™m bring a new game I think you might really like Tim. Called Life of the Amazonia if anyone wants to look it up.

Will also bring Quacks and probably some others, feel free to request.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> We had six people attend and played three games.

Who all ended up being there? Leading up to the day, it looked like it was just going to be you, Mitch, and Hacim.

I’m still not sure about Saturday. It looks like the 27th will be better for me, if you decide to do it again.

Tim

Who all ended up being there? Leading up to the day, it looked like it was just going to be you, Mitch, and Hacim.

Me, Mitch, Micah, Jacob (my son), Dan, and Jen. Not sure about April 27 yet. If that remains free, I’m all up for doing another game day. We’ll see how things go.

Looking forward to it. Still 1pm start time?

Iโ€™m bring a new game I think you might really like Tim. Called Life of the Amazonia if anyone wants to look it up.

Will also bring Quacks and probably some others, feel free to request.

Yes, anytime around 1:00 pm is great.

Just looked it up on Board Game Geek – https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/368305/life-of-the-amazonia. It looks really good, in the same vein as Cascadia with maybe a few more strategic wrinkles.

I’ve got the following games available (not including “older” games like Clue):
    – Ticket to Ride (US and PA/UK variant)
    – Bohnanza
    – El Capitan
    – Cascadia
    – Carcassonne
    – Incan Gold

So we will have a good assortment to chose from. ๐Ÿ™‚

Megen
    Participant

Sorry I can’t be there, all of my weekends are now overwhelmingly busy right now. I’ll keep my eye out for other upcoming dates to see if I can make it. Thanks!

Tim

No worries, Megen. There will be plenty of other games days. ๐Ÿ™‚

Jonathan Wagner
    Participant

Board game day was a blast! Was great too hang out and laugh with everyone and try some new games.

Tim

Not sure about April 27 yet. If that remains free, Iโ€™m all up for doing another game day.

Is anyone up for another Board Game Day on either Saturday, April 27 or Sunday, April 28? It looks like I am free both days (starting around 2:00 pm on Saturday and 1:00 pm on Sunday). If we have enough interest, I’m happy to host again. ๐Ÿ™‚

Micah Beideman
    Participant

I could do the 28th

Tim

It appears that this weekend will NOT work out (based on only Micah responding). So we can skip it and look to sometime in May.

(edited to remove the double negative)

• This reply was modified 3 days, 15 hours ago by Tim.
    • This reply was modified 1 day, 18 hours ago by Tim.
Viewing 21 posts - 101 through 121 (of 121 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar