Brickfair VA 2021

Home Forums LUG discussions Brickfair VA 2021

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Beyond the Brick was at the convention (they always are), and a video they shot there already showed up on YT today. I’m pretty sure I saw Hanlon, Hanlon, and a person I didn’t recognize doing a full tour of the hall. Once that one shows up, I’ll watch it and make note of the times when Steel City LUG members’ stuff shows up and then post the information here, since even in smaller convention halls those vids tend to be a couple hours long. Such information may not be for the thin-skinned, however, in the past I’ve seen them blow right by my stuff.

Logan C
    Participant

I noticed that you didn’t post your most awesome build here – wasn’t the one of Rush yours?

Ah yes, I completely forgot to take a picture of that one because I put it on the other side of the table. I do have a photo of it displayed on my shelf though. Glad to see we have more Rush fans in here!

I’m pretty sure I saw Hanlon, Hanlon, and a person I didn’t recognize doing a full tour of the hall.

The Hanlons were with Brian Saviano from the Quarantine Cast. I happened to be at my table when they came by so I was able join in the conversation a bit.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Esteemed Helga posted 1559 photos and 121 videos across four albums on Flickr. All four links are below. Coverage seems a little more erratic this year; I couldn’t find a single shirtless Woody pic, but I’m not sure Micah should take it personally, I also couldn’t find a bunch of mosaics at the back table – including a couple that we really liked that also includes the one that deservedly won the trophy for best mosaic this year – and there’s also plenty of photos that seem to cover stuff already shown. I did find one pics of Rachel’s builds and my build, and a lot of pics of Logan’s builds. I’ll post links in subsequent posts. There’s a lot more videos this year too, and I can’t see any logic to them, except that the majority of them are in the first folder and are from World of Lights, presumably either to show off flashing or color-changing lights, or because there wasn’t enough light for good photos. There’s also no GBC photos, although this is common with a lot of convention photographers, since GBC makes for great video but terrible photographs.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/esteemedhelga/albums/72157719661007595

BrickFair Virginia 2021 Dinosaur

https://www.flickr.com/photos/esteemedhelga/albums/72157719640122577

BrickFair Virginia 2021 HARDLUG

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Esteemed Helga posted 1559 photos and 121 videos across four albums on Flickr. All four links are below. Coverage seems a little more erratic this year; I couldn’t find a single shirtless Woody pic, but I’m not sure Micah should take it personally, I also couldn’t find a bunch of mosaics at the back table – including a couple that we really liked that also includes the one that deservedly won the trophy for best mosaic this year – and there’s also plenty of photos that seem to cover stuff already shown. I did find one pics of Rachel’s builds and my build, and a lot of pics of Logan’s builds. I’ll post links in subsequent posts. There’s a lot more videos this year too, and I can’t see any logic to them, except that the majority of them are in the first folder and are from World of Lights, presumably either to show off flashing or color-changing lights, or because there wasn’t enough light for good photos. There’s also no GBC photos, although this is common with a lot of convention photographers, since GBC makes for great video but terrible photographs.

And this post isn’t going through, which is a problem I had last winter and haven’t resolved. Presumably it’s cause the top photo in each album – which I can’t control – is too big for WordPress. I’m gonna see if I can post one at a time.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Album I:

BrickFair Virginia 2021

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Album II:

BrickFair Virginia 2021 Dinosaur

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Album III:

BrickFair Virginia 2021  Emancipation of Endor

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Album IV:

BrickFair Virginia 2021 HARDLUG

Benjamin C Good
    Participant
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Ugh, same problem again, I’m gonna have to do one photo at a time. And yes, I’m gonna post them all, cause I refuse to be defeated by WordPress. If you’re subscribed to this thread and don’t like getting bombarded by all the emails coming through, don’t complain to me.

Rachel mosaic 1:

BrickFair Virginia 2021 Mosaic

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

This one could’ve used a video, the light cycle through.

Rachel mosaic 2:

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Rachel mosaic 3:

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Ben’s space plants:

BrickFair Virginia 2021 Space

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Very short video showing Logan’s Matrix build lit:

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

(Let’s see if we can get in two links at a time)

Logan’s transformers:

Bionicle,  BrickFair Virginia 2021

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

(I tried doing two links at a time and it didn’t work)

Logan’s Transformers:

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

More Transformers and also Marvin:

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Transformers:

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

The Matrix:

BrickFair Virginia 2021  Pop Culture

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Jaws:

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Kingdom Hearts:

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

More Kingdom Hearts:

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Bonus Logan stuff:

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

YEAH!!! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH YEAH!!!

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Final pic – more Transformers, to make sure we have total coverage:

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar