Cranberry Library 2021 Summer Reading Display

Home Forums LUG discussions Cranberry Library 2021 Summer Reading Display

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Hard to argue against the Lantern Waste…especially if you can make the nearest trees transition into coats.

< I_would_like_to_see_it.gif >

• This reply was modified 2 years, 12 months ago by Matt Redfield.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

I am willing to attempt copying this white whale MOC if it something you really want.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Bob Grier
    Participant

I’m not certain I have enough pieces for Erebor (even at microscale), although that would be very cool and I will put some work into that.

@timf
    , if you need more DBG rock for Erebor, I have a bunch of it you can use:
    – (12) DBG Rock Triangular 3x8x7 (6083)
    – (98) DBG Rock Panel 2x4x6 (47847)

Not sure what you planned to use for the entrance, but I also have a fair amount of sand green bricks and plates in various sizes, which would look good and make it stand out from the surrounding DBG rock of the mountain. Let me know if you want to use any of this, or if you’re looking for help to pull this together.

I also have a decent looking set of wood grain shelves 24″ wide x 36″ high (4 shelves) that we could use in the back corner of the display case (where the solid wall is) if we need more space to display smaller builds.

Tim

I also have a decent looking set of wood grain shelves 24″ wide x 36″ high (4 shelves) that we could use in the back corner of the display case (where the solid wall is) if we need more space to display smaller builds.

That would be great for smaller items. Do you still have your Hedwig and other HP sculptures (glasses, etc.)? Those would fit this theme and work great on shelving.

Tim

I am willing to attempt copying this white whale MOC if it something you really want.

That would be great, Greg! I had played around with doing a whale but could not get even close to looking good.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

No pictures yet but I made good progress this weekend on a microscale Laketown (from The Hobbit). Next step will be to finish that and begin a microscale Erebor.

Or this I saw on FB:

Attachments:
    Bob Grier
    Participant

That would be great for smaller items. Do you still have your Hedwig and other HP sculptures (glasses, etc.)? Those would fit this theme and work great on shelving.

@timf
    I do! I’ll plan on bring them for one of the shelves.

Tim

Installation Update: We are targeting Friday, June 5 for final installation of the Library Display. The Librarian has confirmed that we can actually have the case that entire week for installation, starting Tuesday, June 1. On Tuesdays and Thursday, the Library is open until 7:30 pm. (Closes at 4:30 pm on M-W-F). It opens at 10:00 am on Saturday.

So if anyone wants to bring their stuff up before Saturday morning, we can accommodate that.

Personal update – I finished the Lamp Post from The Chronicles of Narnia – hope to get a picture resized and uploaded. Back to Laketown and the Lonely Mountain now.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Cool! I should be able to be there for the install on 6/5. I am building 2 foxes, a rabbit, and a penguin….if all goes well. They are scaled to ~1 Brick = 1 inch (I hope), but we shall see how the brick runs out.

I also have the flying Hedwig set built if you want to include that in a display somewhere with @rcgrier3406 custom sculpture.

It would be cool if the Fawkes set comes out earlier than expected somewhere and we could fit him in!

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

I just finished a custom Pagoda that goes well with the Latern Festival set if we wanted an Asian theme area.

Bob Grier
    Participant

I also have the flying Hedwig set built if you want to include that in a display somewhere with @rcgrier3406 custom sculpture.

It would be cool if the Fawkes set comes out earlier than expected somewhere and we could fit him in!

I’d say bring it @tcsbgdady. Not sure how much stuff we’ll have for the shelves yet, and it’s always better to have more than we need than not enough!

Tim

Narnia Lamp Post

I’ve finished my Lamp Post from the Chronicle of Narnia. This sits on a 48×48 baseplate.

I also started working on Erebor (The Lonely Mountain) from The Hobbit. It will sit on four 32×32 baseplates (2×2).

We are now less than 3 weeks away from installation, so time to start working on an actual layout. Let me know what you are bringing and how much floorspace you need and I will start putting it into a layout. Thank you!

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

I think I need 4, 32×32 base plates but I’ll know better Thursday. They will sit in a straight line and a couple might look good near that light post!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Jim Rolfe.
    Bob Grier
    Participant

@timf, for floorspace planning, the shelf unit I’m bringing is 24″ wide x 9 1/4″ deep. It has 4 shelves roughly 23″ wide by 9″ deep, and my Hedwig and other HP sculptures will fill up one of the shelves. The heights for the 2nd and 3rd shelves are somewhat adjustable, so we can raise and lower those to accommodate different height builds if needed.

Tim

Thank you, @rcgrier3406.

Everyone FYI, I have uploaded the Display Case dimensions into the Common Display Dimensions thread.

John S
    Participant

If it would work for the library display, I did end up with the pigeon being completed. Actually, two were built. Maybe I’ll see if the local library wants to display one as well.

Not a big build, but let me know and I’ll get it there.

Attachments:
    Tim

Not a big build, but let me know and I’ll get it there.

John, that is awesome! We would love to have it for the display. It can either go on the shelves or we will work it in elsewhere. Thank you!

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

So I am not sure how far I should go with this display. I was getting ready to detail out some baseplates but I was not sure if we have the room or not or if we just wanted to use the animals somewhere else and leave the display space for other builds. But you asked for animals so here you go! It is 4.5 baseplates with overhangs on each side. I could use another 2 baseplates with the smaller builds. I was going to add landscaping but wanted to stope here and see how much room there is. Anyone else have a build and footprint size? I don’t want to take up too much space.

I am also trying to build a 1 baseplate build that is more mythical. If I have it done I will bring it along.

Please advise on space so I know to landscape or not. Thanks!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Jim Rolfe.
    Tim

At present, we’ve got lots of room to still fill up so go ahead and landscape away!

Those animals looks amazing BTW! Wow!

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Sweet! And Thanks! 😀

I will detail out 8 baseplates most likely; 2×2 32 plates on each side. Looking forward to the install in a couple weeks!

Josh
    Keymaster

wow! those animals are great!

John Singer will be earning a badge for this display. Anyone else? Let me know today so I can put an order in!

Josh
    Keymaster

need anything from the lug shelves for this display? want a banner? any other loose parts?

John S
    Participant

Is the install taking place before the meeting? Or do I need to get mine up there during the week sometime?

Tim

Is the install taking place before the meeting?

The main install will be on Saturday morning from approximately 9:30 am until we are done (usually takes about 1.5-3 hours). The Library is also open on Thursday (June 3) until 7:30 pm. I am planning on being at the Library approx. 6-7:30 pm on Thursday for a preliminary installation (cleaning the case and glass, putting in my stuff, etc.), so anyone who wants to bring their stuff then (especially if you can not make Saturday morning), please feel free to do so.

@rcgrier3406
    can you come Thursday evening and bring your shelf unit? Or could you drop it off at my house tomorrow or Thursday so I can take it to the Library? I’d like to get that in first.

Bob Grier
    Participant

@rcgrier3406 can you come Thursday evening and bring your shelf unit? Or could you drop it off at my house tomorrow or Thursday so I can take it to the Library? I’d like to get that in first.

@timf
    , I can bring the shelf unit on Thursday. Probably be 6:30 before I can get there. I’ll also bring the enlarged “Steel City LUG” logo picture (13″ x 19″) that we pinned up on the corkboard last time if you want to use it.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar