Northland Library Display

Home Forums LUG discussions Northland Library Display

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Krista K

Northland Library reached out to me about doing a display during their LEGO Day on 12/27. They do have a display case so it wouldn’t need to be staffed. They’re also interested in running an adult course in the evening. I’m going to get a little more details, but I’m at least going to do this one.

Will McDine
    Participant

Would Install be on the 27th or does it need to be installed by the 27th?

Krista K

It would need to be installed by the 27th. Looking at their event calendar, it looks like it would likely be the 27th before open or the 22nd (as they’re closed for the holiday until the 27th). I’ll get some more details.

Will McDine
    Participant

Im interested in sending something up. If we cant put the display in until the 27th then I will have to leave my builds with someone else to take up. I could potentially do an earlier install depending on day/time.

Renée
    Participant

As the LUG member who probably lives the closest to Northland (1.4 miles), count me in!

Mike Bez
    Participant

I’m interested as well!

Tim Brown
    Participant

I won’t be in town on the 27th, but I can probably send something.

Tom Frost
    Participant

I’m interested as well, right in the neighborhood.

Renée
    Participant

@knb112, do you know which display case we’ll be getting?

Tim

I’m interested. Is there a theme? Any idea on how long the display will be up?

Krista K

So I need to head up there after Thanksgiving and sit down and talk with them more one-on-one. They’re a little unclear on what they want to do. Now, it may not be December and more like January. I’ll update as I have info.

However, a cool thing that a few LUGs have been doing is doing Literature Displays. The idea was inspired by Charm City LUG and is taking off. Here are a few of my favorites from MILUG. This could be a cool route to go in so that whenever they’re ready, we have something neat to put in. (not that we don’t already build neat stuff)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tim Brown
    Participant

Very cool idea. Honestly, I kind of would like to see this pushed to Jan as I’ll be able to be more actively involved if that’s the case. Regardless, I’m all for supporting libraries.

Mike Bez
    Participant

Wow, I feel like my two hobby worlds are colliding and it’s awesome! I published two children’s picture books this year and have one more on the way this week! You can see the first book here on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Adventures-Michael-John-Marks-Spot/dp/B09TZBPXS8/ref=monarch_sidesheet?ref=d6k_applink_bb_dls&dplnkId=d0fd1637-6e2c-4944-88fb-7ae1d1f4894a

I’ve attached the second book cover here. I would love to make Lego MOCs for them!

Attachments:
    Will McDine
    Participant

I really like the Book idea. I have no idea which one I would build but I am interested none the less

Krista K

@cybladez101 That’s so awesome! Congratulations!

I too really love the book theme. @amplef0rth already has built a Pigeon.

John S
    Participant

I do! I actually have two. Thinking about changing one to another Pigeon story.

Attachments:
    Mike Bez
    Participant

Thanks, Krista! I cant wait to start working on these!

Dan
    Participant

I’m interested!

Bob Grier
    Participant

I’m interested as well!! I have a couple of things Harry Potter related that would fit the theme.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Bob Grier.
    Krista K

@amplef0rth Did you see The Pigeon Will Ride the Rollercoaster yet? Although The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog is a huge hit in our house too. 🙂

Josh
    Keymaster

anything book related we could display at the many other libraries we’ve been at too. I haven’t talked to Bethel Park library in a while, but they always loved us throwing something in their small case. keep that in mind for this – seems like there’s a lot of interest in the topic, so don’t turn anyone away from the opportunity to display, we can just line up multiple/sequential places to display.

Krista K

seems like there’s a lot of interest in the topic, so don’t turn anyone away from the opportunity to display, we can just line up multiple/sequential places to display.

Exactly! So Charm City LUG does just this, lining up libraries to display at and takes it on the road. There’s a lot of potential for this. 🙂

On a related note, I do have an update on the display case.

Our display case is heavy plexiglass, like a giant upside-down fish tank. It is too heavy and awkward for anyone to lift on their own, so while it doesn’t lock, it is very secure. The case has at least 20″ of headroom, and is about the same dimension deep, but does not have shelves. I would estimate it is 34-40″ long.

I’ll try to swing by sometime this week and get a photo.

Tim Brown
    Participant

Ah. Wish I’d a known. I was just there today. Could have saved you the trip.

Krista K

Ah. Wish I’d a known. I was just there today. Could have saved you the trip.

Aw, thanks @tbrown00. It’s no trouble though. My son’s preschool is across the street so I’m in the area like 4 times a week. 😂

Bob Grier
    Participant

Here’s what I have in mind for this display. I think it fits the Literature Display theme pretty well. If we’re tight on space, I could easily loose the Marauder’s Map, or maybe open it up and set it behind as a backdrop.

Attachments:
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar