Northland Library Display

Home Forums LUG discussions Northland Library Display

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Renée
    Participant

I really like the sign idea, @knb112!

Krista K

@amplef0rth I was thinking about just using printouts so that I can put everything on one posterboard.

Krista K

Okay, here’s what I got. I just want to make sure the covers are right before I start to print them out and create the poster.

@amplef0rth
    – “The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog” and “The Pigeon Will Ride the Rollercoaster”

Me – “A Little Peaceful Spot”

@tbrown00
    – “Chicka Chicka Boom Boom”

@greg
    – “Polar Express”

@legoleia51
    – “The Adventures of a Chicken”

@cybladez101
    – “The Adventures of Michael John: Space Race”

@rcgrier3406
    and @watchwmarcella – Is there a Harry Potter cover that you’d prefer?

Did I miss anyone?

Marcella Spear
    Participant

@knb112 – the scene is from Goblet of Fire.

Thanks.

Bob Grier
    Participant

@knb112, my stuff spans several books, so no one cover really fits. Marcella’s is Goblet of Fire.

What about this?? It even has snowflakes for Christmas!!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Mike Bez
    Participant

“The Adventures of Michael John: Space Race

I’m actually doing my first book which is “The Adventures of Michael John: X Marks the Spot”

If there is room I can also include my “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” display.

Renée
    Participant

I can confirm “Louise, The Adventures of a Chicken” by Kate DiCamillo – just putting the finishing touches on her today.

Renée
    Participant

Louise the chicken is finished! It’s a good thing we’re not including books, because hers is huge! MOC footprint is 9″x4″ and 12″ high.

Attachments:
    Mike Bez
    Participant

Louise the chicken is finished!

That looks great, Renée!

Here’s what I came up with for my book…

Attachments:
    Mike Bez
    Participant

Here is the inside…

Attachments:
    Krista K

@legoleia51 I’m always impressed by what you do! That looks amazing.

Thanks everyone for the titles and the images. I’m pulling together the sign today. Looking forward to seeing you all tonight.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

how long will the display be in the case? I am wondering if this timeframe would overlap with the train display at the CSC since I would like to have the Polar Express locomotive available for that show also.

Krista K

@greg, I believe it will run though the end of January for their International LEGO Day event they’re working on. So yes, it would overlap. It’d be up to you if you just want to take it out early or save it for CSC.

Marcella Spear
    Participant

Great install last night.

Attachments:
    Bob Grier
    Participant

Some more pics from last night’s install. This display will be here until the end of January, so stop by to check it out if you’re in the area!!

Attachments:
    Bob Grier
    Participant

Couple more today from the Northland Library Facebook page.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Bob Grier.
    Attachments:
    Tim Brown
    Participant

Looks great.

Krista K

When we installed this, we talked about breaking it down on International LEGO Day (Saturday) since we’ll all be at the mall anyway.

The library’s open until 5 that day, but Susan will be at the mall with us from 9 to 5. Does it make more sense to send a group up at 4 (I don’t think we all need to go) to grab everything or does a group want to go up when they open and bring it down to add to our display or do we play it by ear? I’m flexible for whatever makes sense for everyone.

Bob Grier
    Participant

Well, since it’s International LEGO day, and Northland will be set up right next to us at Ross Park Mall, do they want us to bring it down to the Mall and set it up on one of their tables?

From the sounds of it, our tables at the Mall are going to be pretty full, but if they want to put it on one of their tables then it would be easy for a couple of us to run over there once the Library opens (and we’re done setting up) and bring it all down (without the plexiglass case). If we’re worried about who’s watching it once Susan leaves at 5 pm, we could pack it up then and either take it to our cars or stash it under our tables.

John S
    Participant

I think Bob’s got the right idea. If the library is good with that of course.

Mike Bez
    Participant

I’m able to help move the displays whenever we plan to do it.

Marcella Spear
    Participant

Just let me know when to be there and I’m there.

Krista K

I’ll reach out to Susan and ask her if she wants to bring it down. I’m guessing possibly not since they have their handouts/LEGO club display and the remaining tables are going to be play.

I’m going to bring our play brick too, but not put it out until the library packs up at 5. If we absolutely need to put something on the table, I can put out PAC-MAN since it’s one of those that if it gets touched it’s not a super big deal (and it’s too big to walk away).

Krista K

Just wanted to let you know that the cup credits have been updated. Let me know if anything’s missing.

Marcella Spear
    Participant

Thanks!

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar