Pittsburgh Lego Store

Home Forums LUG discussions Pittsburgh Lego Store

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 250 total)
  • Author

Official LUG camping trip? I’m in.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Somebody told us about this article at the Science Center tonight. Sweet!

https://www.bizjournals.com/pittsburgh/news/2018/06/29/lego-store-coming-to-ross-park-mall.html

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Somebody told us about this article at the Science Center tonight. Sweet!

https://www.bizjournals.com/pittsburgh/news/2018/06/29/lego-store-coming-to-ross-park-mall.html

Stop teasing me already! Give me a date to be there!!!

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

@tcsbgdady – Here’s your date, now that it’s officially on the Ross Park Mall website. I don’t know how reliable ‘expected to open on’ is. It does match up with the previously announced ‘late summer / early fall’. I still haven’t seen an official announcement from Lego or RPM anywhere else. (For those of you don’t feel like following the link, it currently sez 9-30-18.)

http://www.simon.com/mall/ross-park-mall/stores/lego-store

It’s also on the map already, by Foot Locker near JCP on the lower level.

http://www.simon.com/mall/ross-park-mall/map

Greg Schubert
    Participant

They have the store located right near the open play area.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jim Rolfe
    Participant

@Benjamin C Good, OMG! So psyched! It’s even close to my birthday so Happy Birthday to me store and purchase! Can’t wait!

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

I actually thought it would be 9/28/18. That should be Force Friday, right? I thought for sure it would be open for Force Friday but I’ll take Sunday, 9/30! Saturday night Ross Park sleepover!

David Bacon
    Participant

I actually thought it would be 9/28/18. That should be Force Friday, right? I thought for sure it would be open for Force Friday but I’ll take Sunday, 9/30! Saturday night Ross Park sleepover!

I don’t think they are doing a Force Friday this year. The past three years were associated with a December Star Wars movie release. This year, Solo came out in May. I think they will maybe do one next year for Episode IX.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by David Bacon.
    David Bacon
    Participant

BTW, the storefront construction sign is up.

Attachments:
    David Bacon
    Participant

Here it is, the first position open at the first Pittsburgh Lego Store.
    https://www.lego.com/en-us/careers/jobdescription/lbr-store-manager–pittsburgh–ross-park-mall-/56028897

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Here it is, the first position open at the first Pittsburgh Lego Store.
    https://www.lego.com/en-us/careers/jobdescription/lbr-store-manager–pittsburgh–ross-park-mall-/56028897

I overheard 2 guys at Starbucks talking about this yesterday.

Guy 1: “Yeah, my wife told me to apply to the store manager position.
    Guy 2: “Yeah man that would be cool! Lego is cool no matter what age you are!”
    Guy 1: “I told her there was no way in Hell I’d get that job! There will be so many applications I don’t have a chance.”
    Guy 2: “Yeah…at least you can go buy stuff there!”
    Guy 1: “Yeah. I’ll take my son.”

Kinda funny exchange. Good luck if you do apply! 🙂

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I miss TRU!

[caution: wild speculation follows] I wonder if the McKnight TRU had prevented the LEGO store from going in until now. I have heard that you have to meet certain prerequisites to get a contract to sell LEGO in a mom and pop type toy store and I would surmise that TLG prefers to minimize competition between sellers in the same area. So maybe losing TRU was a tradeoff for getting a store in your backyard. Dunno.

Vitriol
    Participant

I was at the Science Center the other day to see the LEGO exhibit and they announced that there is a LEGO store opening in Pittsburgh because of the success of the LEGO exhibit. They did not announce where the store would be. Exciting to see the developments at RPM though!!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by Vitriol.
    David Bacon
    Participant

I was at the Science Center the other day to see the LEGO exhibit and they announced that there is a LEGO store opening in Pittsburgh because of the success of the LEGO exhibit. They did not announce where the store would be. Exciting to see the developments at RPM though!!

It is in the Ross Park Mall, first level, near Foot Locker, JC Penny, Starbucks, and the kids play area. There is an under construction facade there and it’s supposed to open September or October this year.

Attachments:
    Paula
    Participant

Official date now is October 5th! Whether this is grand opening or soft opening, I’m not sure. But I’ll find out next week as I train to be the store manager of your friendly neighborhood LEGO store!

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Official date now is October 5th! Whether this is grand opening or soft opening, I’m not sure. But I’ll find out next week as I train to be the store manager of your friendly neighborhood LEGO store!

WAIT WHAT SERIOUSLY?!? CONGRATS!!!

Paula
    Participant

Thanks Matt! I start on Tuesday!!! I WORK FOR LEGO! How crazy is THAT!

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Dan Waksman
    Participant

Congrats @paulamalu, that’s awesome!

Paula
    Participant

Thank You!!!

Bob Grier
    Participant

LEGO has chosen . . . WISELY . . . (sorry, I’m not as good as Matt is inserting the film clips)!! Fantastic news @paulamalu!! Congratulations!!

Paula
    Participant

Thanks Bob! I appreciate the Indy reference…as my home is partially a LEGO museum!

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

(sorry, I’m not as good as Matt is inserting the film clips)!!

Haha… there’s a “share” button under every YouTube video; ya just click that, then embed, then copy the script and paste in the forum post window! Easy as pie! #threadjacking

Tim

I had contacted LEGO aa few weeks ago to see to whom I could talk to discuss the LUG participating in the opening. They said “the manager” once he/she was hired. I guess I know who to talk to now! 🙂

Crazy awesome and congrats! You’ll be very busy until opening but if there is something we can do for the opening, let us know!

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

VERY COOL! Let me know so I don’t sleep over the wrong night please!! ?

CONGRATS!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 250 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar