Pittsburgh Lego Store

Home Forums LUG discussions Pittsburgh Lego Store

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 250 total)
  • Author
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Oh no, Bob! Exclusive minifigs lose half their value the minute you open the package!!

Bob Grier
    Participant

Oh no, Bob! Exclusive minifigs lose half their value the minute you open the package!!

Not planning to re-sell it Matt, so it’s value to me is to be out of the package and appreciated!!

Bob Grier
    Participant

Unbeknownst to many of us (well, at least to me), @timf was able to get permission to set up a Steel City LUG display with some of his Pittsburgh buildings in the center court area at Ross Park Mall where the master builder is building the large scale Batman and Robin!! Way to go Tim!!!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Dan Waksman
    Participant

Oh cool! I’m headed over with my son shortly.

Bob Grier
    Participant

Some progress shots on what the Master Builder is up to in the center court area at Ross Park Mall. Batman will follow once Robin is complete. Superman was shipped in from Connecticut, according to one of the staff.
    https://flic.kr/s/aHsmuPoKtt

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by Bob Grier.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Not planning to re-sell it Matt, so it’s value to me is to be out of the package and appreciated!!

Lulz, I know.

Nice pics, too! I’m not sure if I’ll feel excited enough to post my own… but I may have messed with Supes’ head this morn, before anyone was over there… 😛

Unbeknownst to many of us (well, at least to me), @timf was able to get permission to set up a Steel City LUG display with some of his Pittsburgh buildings in the center court area at Ross Park Mall where the master builder is building the large scale Batman and Robin!!

Yeah, I dunno how this wasn’t a bigger thing, or if there was a reason we didn’t make it one…? Paul Streifler did express disappointment yesterday, saying he was hoping we’d really knock it out of the park… I tried to deflect, saying something about how we do so many other displays this time of year that we prob didn’t have any bandwidth (or any MOCs left!) to take to the mall. (Also, yeah, out in the open is a bit risky for breakage / theft…)

Rich Millich
    Participant

I got #286. Green and tan are big winners on the PaB wall now. I stocked up on 2xt LBG brick too. The black 4×8 plates were gone.

Rich Millich
    Participant

I added the Heavenly King to the display table while I am in the food court eating and putting together a set or two.

@randomdan
    : Orange Julius at Ross Park? About the same quality as the one on I-80. Mmmmmmmmm.

Jason Tuttle
    Participant

Congratulations on your new store. I’m in New Orleans and we just had our grand opening this weekend as well. I may know some of you from Brickset or Brickpicker. I have an extra exclusive fig from our store opening. If someone has and extra one from your store and wpuld like to trade let me know. My screen name is the same on both sites.

Jason Tuttle
    Participant

Oh sorry….Its Thanos75

Paula
    Participant

The lug display took sometime to work out, and even the one that we had was an eleventh hour accomplishment through legal, we honestly didn’t even think that one was going to be approved. Now that we have a contact we can work toward a fun partnership in the future!

Paula
    Participant

We pulled minifigs 1-10, but then we mixed up the rest, hopeing it would keep people from asking for a particular number. But hey, if you’re going to get in line at oh dark early, you definitely earned #1!

Skipper Mike
    Participant

I was chatting with @paulamalu today about Lug displays. I remember back in the day that Jo-Ann Fabrics used to have a display of photos of what their customers had made. Maybe we could try to work out something like that. It’s not as cool as physically having the models in the store, but the display cases are really there to sell existing sets. Whereas a big photo display by the PaB wall would help spur cup salesand get us involved. Besides, this way we could do a whole Christmas display, for example, while not impairing our ability to have the same pieces at an actual event.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I found something different at the LEGO store in Ross Park: poly bags with LEGO food! For $3.99 you get a turkey, two bananas, two green apples, two cookies, two pink icecream cones, a crate … but 30 pieces in all.

Also, Paula, your employees asked me about the tree but I did not have a picture to show them. So here attached is a photo if you care to share. Version 2.0 in now underway.

Attachments:
    Jim Rolfe
    Participant

@greg, that is an impressive tree! My son said, “that is all built outta Lego!?!” Lol

I bought several of those food poly bags a few weeks ago. They may or may not have been part of the pirate display at Randall! 😉

They have polybags for everything; food, city, trees and flowers.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Here they are….

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Jim Rolfe.
    Attachments:
    Josh
    Keymaster

interesting, haven’t seen those yet.

Paula
    Participant

Our mascot has arrived!

Attachments:
    Tim

Our mascot has arrived!

Awesome! Need to get him in a black and gold sweater (jersey)!

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

interesting, haven’t seen those yet.

They have a new under sea one in the Lego store online selling on 1/1 with a shark n@!

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Our mascot has arrived!

Very cool!

Phil Breneman
    Participant

Exclusive minifig with a $50 purchase in store this weekend. I hadn’t seen anything about this. Might be worth a store visit if you are in the area.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Exclusive minifig with a $50 purchase in store this weekend. I hadn’t seen anything about this. Might be worth a store visit if you are in the area.

Yup, that woulda been good to know.

Krista K

Looks like it was to celebrate 100 stores in North America. It also came with a gold poster.

Attachments:
    Paula
    Participant

Love it @knb112
    Also, pick up a calendar- adult build in February!

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 250 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar