Pittsburgh Lego Store

Home Forums LUG discussions Pittsburgh Lego Store

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 250 total)
  • Author
    David Bacon
    Participant

Look at what I got in the mail!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by David Bacon.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Look at what I got in the mail!

I too got a mailer! Lego store, minifig, shirt, and giant dynamic duo build…who could ask for more!? Psyched!

Josh
    Keymaster

That’s awesome. I’m going camping with my girls that weekend and won’t likely be able to go to get any of these promos. IF anyone wants the VIP points to buy me something each day, I’d be down for someone being my buyer.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

But for realz, @paulamalu, is that image representative of the exclusive PGH minifig…?!?

Will McDine
    Participant

I am in for that Mini Lego Store!

Paula
    Participant

@philmatt24 I love him! And after last night, my mini is going to be holding a hotdog!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I am in for that Mini Lego Store!

Its hard to find one the LEGO store for less than $30, but there isn’t much exclusive about it the set except the stickers. However, between Fri and Sat, I think Saturday is going the day to be there.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I love him! And after last night, my mini is going to be holding a hotdog!

You can’t sidestep my question so easily as a Phil Kessel reference, Paula…!

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

That’s awesome. I’m going camping with my girls that weekend and won’t likely be able to go to get any of these promos. IF anyone wants the VIP points to buy me something each day, I’d be down for someone being my buyer.

I could help you @joshhall but it says per person and not per purchase. The fine print may be the undoing. I can try though. Maybe the manager will allow it for you….do you know her!? ??

Josh
    Keymaster

yeah, I don’t want anyone to jeopardize their own experience, obviously. Like if someone was going with their friend or spouse or teenaged kid, etc.

I have no intentions on ever calling in favors to the manager there, not because she’s not awesome, but because I know what it’s like after you have 1 person ask for special treatment.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by Josh.
    Will McDine
    Participant

Its hard to find one the LEGO store for less than $30, but there isn’t much exclusive about it the set except the stickers. However, between Fri and Sat, I think Saturday is going the day to be there.

Yeah Friday is Really my only day to go due to work. As far as the other give-away items go, they dont seem to interest me. I am not really a Hockey fan(since the flyer is suggesting it will be hockey related), and the shirts will more than likely not be fat man friendly so the Lego store set is the most useful for me.

Also just a heads up for those who collect or enjoy the Ideas line. Ive seen multiple things on Instagram hinting that 10/26/18 is the official release date of the Ideas Pop Up Book.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

As far as the other give-away items go, they dont seem to interest me.

Getting there Friday at 10 AM challenging, and I got a vague encouragement about being there Saturday, but maybe the person who delivered it IS a hockey fan. 😀

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I have no intentions on ever calling in favors to the manager there, not because she’s not awesome, but because I know what it’s like after you have 1 person ask for special treatment.

Aww… now I’d feel bad calling in favors. Darn you and your moral compass, Josh!

it says per person and not per purchase.

Hmm, what if we find some other 6’4″ bald guy with glasses to come to the store? Or, just, any old mule who doesn’t want the exclusives for themself?

Getting there Friday at 10 AM challenging

Play hooky, Greg! That’s what I’ma do!!

Tim

And after last night, my mini is going to be holding a hotdog!

Give him three hot dogs, one for each part of the hattie!

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

and the shirts will more than likely not be fat man friendly

According to the FB event (https://www.facebook.com/events/112450159653257/), the shirts are “child size”, so you’re not alone on this one, Will. I’ll prob try to go Friday and/or Saturday morn.

Rich Millich
    Participant

I. WANT. FIG.

And some more of those 4×8 black plates off the PaB wall. Maybe increase my LEGO mug collection.

I was surprised at the number of hard to get, marquee LEGO sets that were there on the soft open. I was drooling over Ninjago City, but learning compact building structure layouts, which was the main draw of that set for me, could be accomplished with smaller sets or modulars that I could get from other LUGgers. The Brick Bank I got from @randomdan is still sitting there awaiting teardown and rebuild…

I might get another Speed Champions set, as I like learning car building techniques more. Easier, faster payoff with fewer parts to analyze per body.

I intend to be there at the gates on that Saturday morning, maybe with a MOC in hand for fun. Yyyeahhhh, that Vic is swooshable… First public appearance maybe?

Paula
    Participant

Soooo the mini fig is going to say Pittsburgh on the back! The T shirt on Sunday is apparently a throwback marketing color scheme?

David Bacon
    Participant

Soooo the mini fig is going to say Pittsburgh on the back!

Ok, that figure has now skyrocketed in my value of it. Funny how just a simple printing of the city name can do that.

The T shirt on Sunday is apparently a throwback marketing color scheme?

Yet, it is still just a child’s size shirt, right?

Also just a heads up for those who collect or enjoy the Ideas line. Ive seen multiple things on Instagram hinting that 10/26/18 is the official release date of the Ideas Pop Up Book.

Unfortunately, Lego just announced today that the pop-up book set won’t be available on Nov 1, sadly a week after this fun grand opening celebration.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

throwback marketing color scheme?

From the flier, it looked like maybe it’s the “original” LEGO brick colors (white/black/red/yellow/blue)…

Ok, that figure has now skyrocketed in my value of it. Funny how just a simple printing of the city name can do that.

We know people, David… people with very particular sets of skills… #justsayin’

Skipper Mike
    Participant

We know people, David… people with very particular sets of skills

You know Liam Neeson?

Laura
    Participant

So I tried to get Friday off but since there are already 10 teachers out they won’t give me the day. Is there anyone who’s going that I could give money to so I can get the exclusive set? I really want it ='(

Greg Schubert
    Participant

So I tried to get Friday off but since there are already 10 teachers out they won’t give me the day. Is there anyone who’s going that I could give money to so I can get the exclusive set? I really want it ='(

same, but I have called a LEGO store (the one in Orlando) and had the order picked up later, do you think we could do that?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by Greg Schubert.
    Pete
    Participant

You could just order it on Bricklink.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Priorities, people! We can’t just send one or two LUG members and try to buy for all the rest of you who have “reasons” you “can’t” come to the Grand Opening!

I have called a LEGO store (the one in Orlando) and had the order picked up later, do you think we could do that?

I’d wager the special promotional items are in-person only…

You could just order it on Bricklink.

Are you scalping yours?

Micah Beideman
    Participant

I’m definitely re-selling the Lego store set 😛

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 250 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar