Q3 2014 business meeting scheduling

Home Forums LUG discussions Q3 2014 business meeting scheduling

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Keymaster

August 16th at Josh’s house in Bethel Park.

You have your choice of earning a cup by staffing the Outlet event and then coming over after for dinner/birthday party
    or you can come “after lunch” for some sorting until everyone else can show up.

We’ll have a quick business meeting, a year-in-review, we’ll give away a set every hour, a parts draft, a “castle” MOC contest, and looking to get enough people to RSVP to get chipotle catering. We’re going to ask for $20 a person, with anything extra going to the LUG general fund.

doodle is here: http://doodle.com/48c7gg97yy7aprv5

How’s august 16th? I’m out of town the 23rd. Possibly looking at at the 30th for tear down at Cranberry Library.

If there’s interest to jam pack a day of tear down, business meeting, and birthday party, we can try for that again. let me know your thoughts!

• This topic was modified 9 years, 10 months ago by Josh.
    • This topic was modified 9 years, 9 months ago by Josh.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

let me know you’re thoughts!

My thoughts? “…your thoughts.”

Josh
    Keymaster

well, you all don’t exist and are all figments of my imagination. If you disagree, prove it by showing up to Q3.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Fair enough.

Hannah Dow
    Participant

16th works great for me since I’ll be in town then 🙂 I leave for Ireland (I will be studying abroad there for the fall semester) on the 30th soooo I wouldn’t be able to make it then lol

Josh
    Keymaster

Alright, I think the 16th it is, unless I hear something from someone over the weekend.

The 16th is also the event at the Tanger outlet. It’s a great event to go earn a cup and then come back to my place. http://www.steelcitylug.com/forum/topic/tanger-outlet-display-aug-16th-and-17th/

I’ll probably open my house up for some SIMPLE sorting, move into the business meeting, and then start the party off around 5 or so, when people from the Tanger event can get here.

Last year, we said $15/person, and if anyone felt like giving extra, it would just go to the LUG balance. I’m thinking catered chipotle for dinner. objections?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I’m thinking catered chipotle for dinner. objections?

YES!!! Wait, I mean, no. Yes to Chipotle, no to objections.

Laura
    Participant

August 16th won’t be possible for me 🙁

Sounds like it’ll be awesome!

Josh
    Keymaster

Bummer, Laura! School conflict?

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Some of you may remember that at Josh’s house last October I brought a bunch of black plastic trays to use for sorting. They were definitely in use at Josh’s house in the spring for the 1×1 mosiac tiles. The ones I brought I donated to the LUG. I was thinking, however, of bringing a supply of them to Q3 for anybody who wants them for personal use. (I thought of it cause we were talking at the Trolley Museum about how much sorting David does, and it occurred to me that he might have use for them for sorting.) Anyway, if you don’t need them, no worries, but I seriously have a crapton of them that I can unload, so I might just bring some regardless and let people take them as they will.

David H Donley
    Participant

That would be awesome. I liked those.

Josh
    Keymaster

build challenge announced.

Q3 Build Challenge

Greg Schubert
    Participant

build challenge announced.

First Chipotle and now this? How can anyone resist?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

First Chipotle and now this? How can anyone resist?

Exactly.

Laura needs to reevaluate her priorities. As does Doug.

ChristianK
    Participant

I actually think I might be able to make this one! Huzzah! Almost a year-and-a-half later and I might show up for my first event. It’ll be worth the wait, I totally promise! To overpromise and under-deliver!!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

It does not seem that there are any problems with having a Q3 meeting on Aug 16th except for Laura. Does that mean the Q3 meeting will most likely be on the 16th in Bethel Park?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I believe that’s what our Supreme Overlord Josh was saying on Saturday.

You know what they say about the needs of the many…

Sorry, Laura…

ChristianK
    Participant

Speaking of Supreme Overlord Josh, I messaged you a few days ago about the meeting. Please do me the honor of reading it!!

Josh
    Keymaster

i will not tolerate your insolence.

Josh
    Keymaster

and yes, confirmed 16th bethel park.

people will be welcome to join Dave at the tanger outlet display to earn a staff cup and then come over after, or I’ll probably open my house up “after lunch” to some priority sorting in preparation for redemption.

I got word from Doug, after his first COWLUG meeting, that we’re doing drafts all wrong. I’m awaiting a report from him. Does someone want to take lead on running the parts draft?

To make chipotle catering an option, we either need to confirm 20 people at $15, or just bump the cost to $20 a person. If you can confirm now, great, but anticipate that need and let me know if you strongly oppose – while keeping in mind what the day will bring in it’s entirety.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

i will not tolerate your insolence.

…whose?

Josh
    Keymaster

first post updated.

August 16th at Josh’s house in Bethel Park.

You have your choice of earning a cup by staffing the Outlet event and then coming over after for dinner/birthday party
    or you can come “after lunch” for some sorting until everyone else can show up.

We’ll have a quick business meeting, a year-in-review, we’ll give away a set every hour, a parts draft, and looking to get enough people to RSVP to get chipotle catering. We’re going to ask for $20 a person, with anything extra going to the LUG general fund.

doodle is here: http://doodle.com/48c7gg97yy7aprv5

Hannah Dow
    Participant

Some of you may remember that at Josh’s house last October I brought a bunch of black plastic trays to use for sorting. They were definitely in use at Josh’s house in the spring for the 1×1 mosiac tiles. The ones I brought I donated to the LUG. I was thinking, however, of bringing a supply of them to Q3 for anybody who wants them for personal use.

I am definitely interested in getting some of these! Great Idea 🙂

David H Donley
    Participant

Any word from Doug on how we are doing drafts wrong?

Josh
    Keymaster

yep. His experience in COWLUG was around a set draft, where everyone buys a set and then they use those for the draft. They place all the lots (same part/color) in ziplock bags. They draw numbers for who goes first and then go around selecting an entire lot. I think he said that each assembled minifig is considered 1 lot, so those usually go last. Definitely would go a lot faster.

We haven’t really done set drats aside from the mirkwood spiders set long time ago. if anyone is ever interested in organizing one, go for it.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar