Richland Twp. Volunteer Fire Dept. Fundraiser (1/29/22)

Home Forums LUG discussions Richland Twp. Volunteer Fire Dept. Fundraiser (1/29/22)

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Krista K

Thanks @timf and @tbrown00 for going! I’ll email Andi and cc you both so that if she has any additional information or questions, we’re all in the loop.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Johnstown is a bit of a hike but it sounds interesting. January 29 is a Friday in which case, I can not participate (work). 🙁

If anyone has the Fire Brigade (https://brickset.com/sets/10197-1/Fire-Brigade), that might be one thing to display.

I have 2 Tim. One built and one not. I also have a bunch of “standard” fire trucks from City sets. I cannot go but could donate them to someone going if you need stuff to help fill the table.

Let me know.

Tim Brown
    Participant

I am more than willing to link up with people to transport their items to the event. Just PM me and we can set up a date/time/location.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

we can set up a date/time/location.

Tim, you live in Cranberry, is that correct? I may have one or two things to transport.

P.S. For newer LUG members, the “Ice Planet Firetruck” image below was an entry for a past build challenge to create something in the style of other LUG members. 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tim Brown
    Participant

@greg That is correct. I don’t live far from where we did First Stop Cranberry.

Will McDine
    Participant

I will be meeting up with Tim on the 26th. I hope to get my Ideas set published in that time frame as this event would be Excellent outreach for it. I will be sending along a whole slew of Other fire/EMS related items for display as well. As I stated in my earlier post, the mosaic is OOS for the time being. Hoping I will be able to get it completely transferred here sooner rather than later.

Tim

Tim, you live in Cranberry, is that correct?

If you are a LUG member named Tim, you live in Cranberry. :-p

Will McDine
    Participant

2 boxes of fire trucks were given to Mr. Brown a few hours ago. If I remember correctly it was 13 or 14 trucks in total including my pending lego ideas set.. no signage was supplied because the idea is still pending approval on LEGOs end. If it becomes approved later tonight or tomorrow I will let you guys know.. if you could still promote it I would appreciate it.. attached is a picture of the trucks involved in the idea. Hope the event goes well and I look forward to seeing pictures!

Attachments:
    Tim Brown
    Participant

Yep yep. Have them tucked away safe for the event.

Will McDine
    Participant

Hey guys! So as expected, My ideas submission was approved early this morning and is now able to be voted on. I am not going to be able to set up a QR code before work, but if you guys attending could just spread the word it would be appreciated! Here is the link to the project: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/7961985c-e663-49e2-af0f-8fd6d26d290f , and if people do a search for “emergency” in the search bar of ideas.lego.com the project comes right up. Thanks again guys!

Krista K

@willmcdine That’s awesome! I’m sure @twrt0es can give you a few pointers too about promoting an Ideas project. I’ll certain push it on our social too. 🙂

@timf
    and @tbrown00 If you get a chance, could you please take a few photos of the setup tomorrow? You can post them here, on Flickr, or text me. Thanks so much!

Tim Brown
    Participant

We will definitely take photos. Especially with Will launching his new Lego Idea campaign. I don’t do Flickr, but maybe @timf can handle that, otherwise will post here.

Jason Middaugh
    Participant

Awesome job Will!!! Congrats and let me know if you have any questions about the process. I am happy to share anything that I know. LEGO Ideas is hard but it can be a lot of fun. Looks like you are off to a pretty good start on day 1.

Will McDine
    Participant

So how did the event go? I would assume you guys are not even home yet, just giving a bump to the the thread and anxious for updates

Tim Brown
    Participant

We are back. It went well. Was a lot larger of a showing than we expected. Some 460+ visitors in addition to staff, firefighters and the other display personel. Not bad considering there was a $10 cover charge. This was their first time running it and they definitely plan to do it next year. Will’s trucks were a hit and we had a sign up directing people on how to vote for his Lego Ideas project. Hopefully Will hits his first milestone tonight.

Attachments:
    Tim Brown
    Participant

pic 1

Attachments:
    Tim Brown
    Participant

Pic 2

Attachments:
    Tim Brown
    Participant

pic 3

Attachments:
    Tim Brown
    Participant

pic 4

Attachments:
    Tim Brown
    Participant

That last one served as the backdrop for a tv interview the FD did about the event. Tim F took several pics as well, so I’d wait to see what he posts before deciding what to post to social media.

Will McDine
    Participant

Pictures look great! glad the event had a good turn out and that it seemed to be a hit! Mr. Brown, we can meet up whenever you have time in the coming weeks and I will take my trucks off your hand. Thanks for taking them out there!

Josh
    Keymaster

awesome!

Josh
    Keymaster

We are back. It went well. Was a lot larger of a showing than we expected. Some 460+ visitors in addition to staff, firefighters and the other display personel. Not bad considering there was a $10 cover charge. This was their first time running it and they definitely plan to do it next year. Will’s trucks were a hit and we had a sign up directing people on how to vote for his Lego Ideas project. Hopefully Will hits his first milestone tonight.

is that the multi-talented and reality TV star @crowkillers Paul Boratko in the black and red shirt?

Krista K

@tbrown00 Great photos! I’m so glad to hear that it went well and that there’s an opportunity again for next year. That was definitely a much larger turnout than I expected.

Nice little piece on WJAC about it: https://wjactv.com/news/local/local-volunteer-fire-department-hosts-showcase-of-lego-creations-to-raise-money

Tim Brown
    Participant

@joshhall Yes indeed Paul was there with his amazingly detailed technic cars.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar