Richland Twp. Volunteer Fire Dept. Fundraiser (1/29/22)

Home Forums LUG discussions Richland Twp. Volunteer Fire Dept. Fundraiser (1/29/22)

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Krista K

At Brick Fest, I was approached by the Richland Twp. Volunteer Fire Dept. to see if we’d be willing and able to come to their LEGO-themed fundraiser on Jan. 29. She’s looking for a display with a firefighter focus, but was also open to a winter village set up (which would be perfect following Christmas trolley). She’s going to get me more information regarding how much space we’d have. I told her I’d post and see if there was any interest. Richland Twp. Volunteer Fire Dept. is in Johnstown, which is about 2 hours away.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

So … fire station gingerbread house?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Kerri Acierno
    Participant

That is neat

Krista K

@greg That’s the best of both worlds! 😂

Rich Millich
    Participant

Yeah, it is really cool how different themes and settings can make a cool display. There are so many combinations to try that it’s fun!

Tim

Johnstown is a bit of a hike but it sounds interesting. January 29 is a Friday in which case, I can not participate (work). 🙁

If anyone has the Fire Brigade (https://brickset.com/sets/10197-1/Fire-Brigade), that might be one thing to display.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Tim.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Kevin O’Leary would say, “bad weather, huge time investment, no incentive – for these reasons, I’m out.”

Attachments:
    Will McDine
    Participant

Looking at my calendar the 29th is a Saturday, not a Friday, and just a bit too far out for me to accurately say if I can attend or not, at this time though given the history of events I would say it is unlikely. However I could likely send something up with someone who is attending.

Krista K

@willmcdine Thanks for reviving this thread.

I actually never heard from them after BrickFest so I’m doubtful we’ll be participating this year.

Tim Brown
    Participant

Wife is off so I can staff this. Don’t know what all I’ll have to display myself, but people mentioned having things for display but can’t attend. I can at least do the legwork for them.

Krista K

UPDATE: I had spoke too soon and Andi had reached out to me right before the meeting yesterday.

@tbrown00
    Thanks so much! Honestly, anything that you have would be fine. You may want to connect with @willmcdine. They were very interested in his fire trucks (being as they’re a Fire Department) and he mentioned he’d be able to send. I can also send you my Pens logo and Pirate Parrot, or whatever else I find in the stash. 🙂

@laura
    was also possibly interested.

Here’s the link to the Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/2782677438701794?acontext=%7B%22event_action_history%22%3A%5B%7B%22surface%22%3A%22page%22%7D%5D%7D

Krista K

Update: The event runs from 10 am to 4 pm. I just need to let her know how much space we’d need by 1/14.

Tim

Looking at my calendar the 29th is a Saturday, not a Friday

Oops, thanks for catching my error. At the moment, I do not have anything scheduled for that Saturday (i.e. no hockey games). So I am a solid MAYBE at this point. If I go, I will at least take the World Trade Center buildings I had a Brickfest Live.

Tim Brown
    Participant

I am currently looking to bring my technic Jeep and I am hard at work on a MOC fire engine. 8 Studs wide and maybe a foot long when done. All told maybe a couple feet of space on my part. I’ll see what else I can cook up in the next month though.

Tim Brown
    Participant

Work in progress.

Attachments:
    Tim Brown
    Participant

back

Attachments:
    Will McDine
    Participant

So as predicted I can not attend this due to work. I am however willing to send items with whoever. My Mosaic is in the process of being re-done onto a more “Lego Art” base, and I don’t think it will be done in time for the show. By that time though my Ideas project will be uploaded. So I can box up those trucks as well as some others for display at this. If we have a solid showing just let me know!

Tim Brown
    Participant

@willmcdine I am definitely attending this. Feel free to pm me so we can coordinate and I’ll transport your trucks to the display.

Krista K

@tbrown00, @laura, and @timf Are you still interested on going? I need to follow up with Andi early next week either way. Thanks! 🙂

Tim Brown
    Participant

Yep, I am still game. I don’t have much to display, but I’ll bring what I have.

Tim

@knb112 Yes, I am planning on going. @tbrown00 and I had briefly discussed carpooling and as far as I know, we are still planning on that. We could probably take one more person if anyone else wants to go. Depending upon traffic, it’s about 1:30-1:45 drive time. So, we will likely leave Cranberry around 7:30-8:00 am.

Will McDine
    Participant

I am off worth on the 26th, 27th, and don’t leave to go into work until after 4pm on the 28th. I will load up some fire trucks for display and can meet who ever, whenever, where ever within those days.

Tim Brown
    Participant

@timf Yes, I am still good to car pool. @willmcdine where are you located, I’m up in Cranberry. Can meet you somewhere down off 79/279 on one of those days. Time would depend on where, but I’m thinking roughly about 1:30-2:30.

Will McDine
    Participant

I’m in Baldwin Borough, in the South Hills.

Tim Brown
    Participant

I am not super familiar with the South Hills. I know it can take a while to get places because it’s generally away from the interstates. Would be easier someplace along 79 or up off 279? It would take me about 30 min or so to get to say Highway 60 exit of 79 or maybe Riverview park of 279.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar