Threadjacking

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Threadjacking

Viewing 25 posts - 926 through 950 (of 1,453 total)
  • Author
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I will add this shameless personal brag. Tuesday (December 8) was the 30 year anniversary of the Allegheny College Division III National Championship in football – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1990_NCAA_Division_III_football_season.

So you’re bragging that you’ve been to Bradenton…?

Tim

So you’re bragging that you’ve been to Bradenton…?

Yes, and it was awesome! 😀

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

One of my new favorite Lego items! Cleared a 48X48 baseplate of these tiles in seconds with no breakage. An 8 wide Lego item that is worth its weight!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Not so nice is this dark red color! Brick, plate, and tile…all brittle. My son got a 10197 Fire Station from a friend of ours. It was complete, but, as we built it, snap after hideous snap. I ended up calling TLG and they did send some new parts but it was so frustrating having them just crumble in my hands. As you can see, it was more than a couple. At least TLG made good, sent the parts, and we could complete the set. It will be a fun addition to our modulars!

Attachments:
    Josh
    Keymaster

Did I miss a memo or a sale? This is target in bethel park. Is this just covid +Christmas?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Josh.
    Attachments:
    Tim

I was at Target in Cranberry Tuesday evening. The shelves were not quite as bare as in your pictures but there were definitely a decent amount of empty space. I wonder if Target has just backed off their total order so as not to be overstocked and have to heavily discount.

But also interesting (and contrary to that) is that Target had plenty of Advent Calendars still at full price (on December 15) and they were on an endcap no less. Who the heck is buying Advent Calendars this far into Advent? I would have scooped up at least two more HP Calendars if they had been $10 each.

Don’t know who else has a Lego Advent Calendar this year. I’ve got the Harry Potter Calendar and it is awesome – great builds, minifigs, and parts. I’ve been following the daily reveals of all the Calendars on TBB. The Star Wars calendar seems pretty good as well but City and Friends are pretty weak in their offerings.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Yikes! And the isles are turned upside down no less. How did you navigate them? 🙂

@timf
    I have the SW and HP ones. The other two I was not interested in but may have to start buying the Friends one next year.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I think LEGO set production in general was reduced by social distancing in LEGO production facilities, while the demand has been high. It might not be TARGET underbuying as much as product not being available.

My sister-in-law works in retail for GODIVA and they have not had enough personnel to produce the chocolate to meet order requests … and these orders are placed almost a year in advance!

Tim

It might not be TARGET underbuying as much as product not being available.

Good point.

Josh
    Keymaster

sorry about the flipped pics. it happens when I choose a smaller file size when uploading from my iphone. it’s totally an iphone problem, because once I chose it, I can see it’s flipped before even posting.

the girls have been enjoying the friends advent calendar and HP one too. They made me get a city one. I am not a fan, for the price, at least.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

They made me get a city one. I am not a fan, for the price, at least.

via Gfycat

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> I think LEGO set production in general was reduced by social distancing in LEGO production facilities, while the demand has been high. It might not be TARGET underbuying as much as product not being available.

I think it’s this one. Has anybody been to lego.com this week? There’s nothing there. I’ve never seen anything like it, it’s like the site is in an episode of The Walking Dead, it feels all creepy and abandoned. I placed an order for Power Functions extension cords in a last-ditch effort to get what PF stuff I can before it’s all sold out/discontinued, and I needed to add one more item to make free shipping, and I seriously had trouble finding anything to add that was available and that I wanted. I ended up adding a Harry Potter minifig mystery bag to the cart for free shipping – it was pay $5 and get a fig, or pay $8 and not get one.

Pretty much every set except Wonder Woman vs Cheetah is sold out. The baseplates are sold out. The only thing you can get is some small polybag-ish sets, some random BrickHeadz, and keychains. I was also at Target this week, the one on the north end of McKnight Road, and the shelves looked very similar to Josh’s pics. I was also at the Lego store, one set I wanted was no longer available, but they’re still stocked up, so if you know anybody who actually waited this long to do their Lego Christmas shopping, or couldn’t find what they wanted elsewhere, that appears to be the place to go.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

PS – I’ve also read that demand for toys in general was way up this year, because kids have been home and inside more than usual. It seems like that could have contributed to shortages as well.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I was at the Elmhurst IL Target today, and I took pics of the three sets of Lego shelves for Josh. In pic 3, those are HP advents down at the far end, they weren’t seriously discounted though. In pic 2, that’s a long Avengers set on the near end of the shelves – seconds after I took the photo, a woman walked by it and grabbed it off the shelf and put it in her cart.

Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

My local Target also has minimal LEGO product … except for the cluster of two dozen non-discounted HP advent calendars.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Cranberry Target had nothing yesterday. Walmart was also nearly cleaned out. Forget about Kohl’s.

I hope your collections sustain the drought or you were good boys and girls and Santa brought you something…”real nice”…to build!

Merry Christmas all!!

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I was back at Target a couple days ago. That Lego Avengers set was back where it had been before, in the exact same spot, all alone. So either that woman I saw take it put it back, or returned it later, or Target has a secret supply of Avengers set in the back that they’re putting out just one at a time. I was more amused by the empty aisle with the HP Advent Calendars at one end – when I returned, a bunch of them had been moved to the middle of the aisle to make it look less empty, a move that fooled exactly zero people.

Attached is a pic of my hair from earlier this week. I’m not sure this pic is doing it justice, but Greg, this is what you need to do to pass as me. And then keep your hair that way, so that when covid ends, we can be twinsies. (Also, it doesn’t really show in the pic, but my eyebrows are the worst they’ve ever been. Covid rules allowed me to get a haircut – I kept my mask on the entire time and they skillfully worked around it – but they still weren’t allowed to touch my face, so they couldn’t do my eyebrows like they usually do, which means they haven’t been touched since Feb. They are currently sporting a style I am calling the ‘Unkempt Richard Nixon’. I’m really looking forward to the end of covid.)

Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Nice ‘do, Ludwig!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Attached is my version of “how it started / how its going” This is what I was able to accomplish from start to finish yesterday on a transparent baseplate mosaic. I had no idea what this was going to be when I started to build, I looked through the transparent parts I had and tried to create something. It’s still a work in progress …

Attachments:
    Tom Frost
    Participant

That looks really cool @greg!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

That looks really cool

I see what you did there.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

A few days ago I had a lot of pent up building energy and an empty transparent baseplate. I told my wife that I could not wait to start on the next partially completed project. She really laughed at that.

She asked what I was going to make and I said that I didn’t know but whatever it was it was going to be symmetrical. One of her main critiques is usually that my MOC’s are too symmetrical. I worked on it in the kitchen so she provided a lot of useful feedback.

I actually finished! Even though the design is mostly made with transparent parts, I like it better without backlighting.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Greg Schubert.
    Attachments:
    Josh
    Keymaster

I think we’re back to a fully functionally site…

and remember, Jesus saves.

https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/a1Z7odb_460s.jpghttps://i0.wp.com/img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/a1Z7odb_460s.jpg?w=980&ssl=1

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Jesus saves.

Attachments:
    Jim Rolfe
    Participant

So many new parts this year that are really cool!

Anything you are trying to get for LUG Bulk if it is available?

https://brickset.com/parts/year-2021

Viewing 25 posts - 926 through 950 (of 1,453 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar