Town Hall Modular

Home Forums LUG discussions BUY / SELL / TRADE! Town Hall Modular

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    ChristianK
    Participant

Does anyone have an extra Town Hall they’d be willing to unload for something short of a firstborn? I could either pay or trade.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Unfortunately that ship sailed two years ago. I don’t think you will find a new Town Hall for less than $500 and you would be lucky to get a used one for under $400 at this point. You could probably build the outside without minifigs and interior design for a lot less than that. Incidentally, eBay prices bottom out from mid summer until early September so if you are diligent, you might be able to pounce on a Buy it Now.

ChristianK
    Participant

Fingers crossed. I got Pet Shop last Summer because I thought that would be next to go. How foolish of me. Got sick and fell off the face of the earth, to come back and find Pet Shop still in circulation and Town Hall gone. Great.

Josh
    Keymaster

heh. yeah, parting out a townhall is cost effective. Bricks are the most expensive, which is why lugbulk comes in handy. I know I parted out a town hall in my store a few years back.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

yeah, parting out a townhall is cost effective.

You’re concurring with Greg that that’s the way to obtain the set, right? Or just saying that parting it out to sell was financially lucrative…?

Christian, I unfortunately never got an “extra” of that set. I might be willing to part with my own used set, but I’d need a secondborn plus an arm and a leg… we can talk if you’re interested.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Or, if you like to live dangerously…

http://www.toy-a-rama.com/198_page_1225822.htm

ChristianK
    Participant

Or, if you like to live dangerously…

http://www.toy-a-rama.com/198_page_1225822.htm

What the heck am I looking at? Is this real life? Or are they just trying to take my money and run?!

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

What the heck am I looking at? Is this real life? Or are they just trying to take my money and run?!

Precisely. That’s why I said “…if you like to live dangerously…”

Some unknown websites are legit. Ones offering products at less than half the current market value (per Amazon / eBay / other respectable outlets – in the LEGO world, Bricklink…) are most likely not. But who knows?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I wouldn’t be surprised if they stole credit cards, bought LEGO with the stolen cards (drop shipped somewhere other than the card owners’ home addresses), then resold the goods at prices low enough to guarantee sales but high enough to make killer profit margins (obviously, since their expenses are nearly nothing.) I’m pretty sure a Fire Brigade I got on eBay a few years ago was a case like that… I didn’t know at the time (because it was still available so the price hadn’t skyrocketed, so I thought I’d just found a deal where someone had gotten it on sale or something…) but yeah, the seller’s account got shut down…

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Here is one possible answer to your question about the town hall:

“From what I can find, it’s a referral loop. If you try and check out, it comes up saying it’s not in stock but “click here” to buy it somewhere else. They then get the referral money. In the case of Grand Emporium it links you to Ebay to buy it.”

source –
    http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/17989/does-this-seem-legit-grand-emporium-for-around-150

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Here is one possible answer to your question about the town hall:

“From what I can find, it’s a referral loop. If you try and check out, it comes up saying it’s not in stock but “click here” to buy it somewhere else. They then get the referral money. In the case of Grand Emporium it links you to Ebay to buy it.”

One way or another, they’re gonna getcha getcha getcha getcha…

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Isn’t there still a Town Hall in the LUG inventory redeemable for something like 20 PaB cups?

Greg Schubert
    Participant

a Town Hall in the LUG inventory redeemable for something like 20 PaB cups?

Yes, but Mr. Donnelly took possession of that property.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

So, I just wanted to check on @lunch36 & my agreement regarding a certain Grand Emporium that may have come into my possession, and then I saw this:

Matt, if you have a town hall to sell, I also consider you family.

Which is interesting in light of Christian’s reecent inquiry. So yeah – if @greg and @soul4ger want to start bidding….

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar