what the heck is Greg doing?

Home Forums All Things LEGO! what the heck is Greg doing?

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 326 through 350 (of 371 total)
  • Author
    Bob Grier
    Participant

Nice job guys!! The display is certainly big enough that we can find a spot for both!!

Dan
    Participant

It was fun getting the program up and running!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I’ll be selling my space minifigs, let me know if you want to fortify your legion.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

LEGO really surprises me sometimes, like with this Friends stargazing set. I was tempted to buy it just for the moon. 🙂

Attachments:
    John S
    Participant

I saw it and thought the same thing Greg!

Bob Grier
    Participant

Check the instructions before you do! The spiral galaxy is a sticker, and stars are there, but the Moon and other Planets aren’t!! Call it “deceptive advertising”?

John S
    Participant

It is a sticker! Too bad.

Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

built the medieval blacksmith shop and made the roof white to be a winter building … just have to remove all the greenery

Attachments:
    Tom Frost
    Participant

@greg I talked to Paula tonight. Would you be able to install the display at the store at 9:30 on Saturday morning?

Tom Frost
    Participant

selling my space minifigs

I’m probably interested in some of those…

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Would you be able to install the display at the store at 9:30 on Saturday morning?

@tfdesigns
    , that sounds perfect, thanks for setting this up

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I received my 5th place prize from the Winter Village contest. It was shipped from Italy, although being a major award, it did not say FRA-GI-LE on the box, @twrt0es 🙂

Attachments:
    John S
    Participant

Congrats!

Tim

although being a major award, it did not say FRA-GI-LE on the box

Congrats on the major award. Be sure to display it in the front window of your house.

Pamela S
    Participant

Congrats Greg ~ That’s awesome!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I’m trying to inventory parts and it occurred to me that there should be a Rain Man app that can count the number of distinct objects in an image. I think there would be tremendous use for this among AFOL’s, and usually by the time I’ve thought of something someone else has created it.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Greg Schubert.
    Josh
    Keymaster
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

I reverse-engineered the doors from the Old Train Engine Shed in the bricklink designer program, because I want to build the model but didn’t order a set, (which supposedly sold out 26 hours after it was offered.).

The design is tricksy and the result is definitely cool … it makes me want to incorporate this sliding garage door piece in more builds.

Attachments:
    Tim

Dumb question but I presume the door are three plates thick, yes?

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Yes it is a sandwich with rolling windows in the middle. The little handles at the end provide both an opportunity and a challenge.

Modified 2×2 tiles with studs on top proved to be useful to hold the roller door sections in place. I’m not familiar with how they are secured for either Assembly Square or the Motorized Lighthouse.

Attachments:
    Tim

Modified 2×2 tiles with studs on top proved to be useful to hold the roller door sections in place.

That makes sense. I was wondering how they held the roller door elements in place.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

when the parts you have discarded look more interesting than the thing you are trying to build …

Attachments:
    Dan
    Participant

Well now I’m curious what you’re building! Is it a winter themed Old Train Shed?

Greg Schubert
    Participant

You’re pretty close, the train station is going to be my next project, using roughly the same color scheme. I’m finishing a North Pole version of Phipps, with similarities to the Friends Botanical Conservatory. I mostly have to wait for clear dome pieces to arrive, but adding plants would also be a good idea. 🙂

Also @randomdan, I thought of you when I saw the entire Ice Planet collection on craigslist; the sets look like they are in really good condition.

Attachments:
    Dan
    Participant

Ah, that looks cool! Maybe Christmas trees & holly?

That looks like a good deal for Ice Planet!

Viewing 25 posts - 326 through 350 (of 371 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar