what the heck is Greg doing?

Home Forums All Things LEGO! what the heck is Greg doing?

Tagged: 

Viewing 21 posts - 351 through 371 (of 371 total)
  • Author
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

progress

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Dan
    Participant

I like the interior decorating! The technique you used for the central tree is neat.

John S
    Participant

Very nice!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

… and THIS, boys and girls, is why you get your food to go and NOT rely on a vaccine that happened four months ago

Attachments:
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

most depressing post in this thread ever… sorry, dude. Hope you feel better soon!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I slightly disassembled and reassembled the base of the Eiffel tower to make it presentable from all sides.

Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

My bootleg engine shed is coming along well, I am just wondering about the track matching up with LUG track. The base is MILS height (brick + plate) and the the track is on top of two more dark bluish gray plates. Is that the correct height?

Attachments:
    Bob Grier
    Participant

@greg, here’s the PennLUG standard that we’ve followed for straight track. The track sections are both MILS’d and ballasted. Hope this helps!

Attachments:
    John S
    Participant

I believe it to be correct.

The only issue I see is that the track that connects to the line going into the shed won’t connect, since you’re using the individual track pieces and don’t have the connections to the next track plate (Like your other line)

Will McDine
    Participant

Very nice! I was thinking of doing something similar with the train shed but have not gotten around to it

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Good progress on the train shed – need to figure out the roof next.

Attachments:
    Dan
    Participant

I appreciated the realistic cracking exhibited by many structures of this shed’s age! 😂

Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Work in progress … using studio to create an entry for the GWP contest. The 250 parts upper limit is a challenge.

Is there a way to add parts that are not available in the studio palette? ex. a reindeer?

Pamela S
    Participant

@greg could you please check discord or give me a call or text ~ My cell is 412.983.4708
    1. Just want to make sure your ok, 2. Want to check in on the deal for the sets … I need an address to either meet you or to just drop by. I’m tied up tomorrow from 9am – probably 6p, but have no issues dropping by or meeting after.

I’d ideally like to get the deal done asap, as I really want/need the new D&D set and would like to get mimic gwp as well… lol. It goes on sell midnight tonight online and in stores tomorrow for Insiders.

Please Please Please respond. Thanks!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I know the chances of winning any online LEGO competition is slim these days because so MANY people participate, but I had to try anyway. My idea for the gift-with-purchase competition is a reindeer stable with 209 parts.

Unfortunately neither the real world nor the Studio software have all the parts that I wanted to use. So I did the best I could in both. I brick built the doors that are not available in real life and I had to sub for the reindeer and the candy canes in LEGO studio.

Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

These are the virtual versions. I had extensive consultation with another builder that I met online and I am very grateful for her input.

Attachments:
    Dan
    Participant

The stable looks cool! The lamps look funky in the Studio rendering since the lighting makes the 1×1 round appear invisible while still adding a yellow shadow to the white bricks behind.

Jason Middaugh
    Participant

Greg – that is a great job and a great idea! Would be perfect for the holiday giveaways!

I also have not really participated in the LEGO Ideas contests in the past, but I have been working on something for this one. I have it built in real bricks, and am just working on the Stud.i.o stuff now… a bit of a pain, since I have to disassemble to figure out how I did it. Once I have it done I can share.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback!

@randomdan
    the color that I selected for the lights in studio is “luminous yellow” … the color allow a part to be a light source in the image … apparently if you want this feature to standout, you can also reduce the ambient light

@twrt0es
    a studio version is not required, but it seems most are virtual renderings; the caveat is that some of my initial photos were rejected because everything was not at the same depth of field and therefore some pieces in the background were blurry. Also, the Ideas approvers won’t be happy with a brief description, so as your are rebuilding virtually, think about how to maximize your 1000 character limit

Jason Middaugh
    Participant

Ok… here is my attempt at the Free With Purchase proposal for LEGO Ideas… Not as whimsical as the reindeer stable for sure, but my dreams are rooted in smoked meat apparently. I actually originally designed the smoker for a friend who was a partner in a BBQ company. Just designed the little SUV last week, but I like how it turned out. Maybe not a winner, but not too bad for 208 pieces.

https://ideas.lego.com/challenges/91623bd9-f6de-4ef2-af04-ea2e80df6871/application/f4a245ce-b732-426c-86ce-7d662633d02f

Attachments:
    Tim

Sharing your dreams of smoked meats, that is an impressive smoker. Our scout troop had one almost that big and it was awesome to use.

Viewing 21 posts - 351 through 371 (of 371 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar