What the heck is Rich building?

Home Forums All Things LEGO! What the heck is Rich building?

Viewing 18 posts - 301 through 318 (of 318 total)
  • Author
    Rich Millich
    Participant

12/2/2021:

Built two paddock stall facades, 20 studs wide to match a pit lane stall, and only 2 studs deep with an overhanging 4 stud shelf well above the cars. In this way I can plug these on, still have a 3 stud space between the stall and the necessary pit wall.

They’re sturdy enough that I can pull them right off the baseplate and plug them on with little worry.

I’ve also designed them with a 1×8 brick space to display the race team taking up that stall.

I now need 6 of the garage roller door with handle. I know we got this in last year’s LUGBULK, so I know they’re out along us. Who’s got them?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tim Brown
    Participant

I just want to say congratulations on finishing your cars. That was quite an undertaking. Hats off to you!

Krista K

I’m looking forward to seeing it all together. Kudos on reaching the finish line (pun intended)!

Certainly put me on the waitlist for a Rich Exclusive. 🙂

Rich Millich
    Participant

12/24/2021:

NEW CAR COMPLETED

This is the alternate #18 car, earmarked for @randomdan. This is another case, like all alternate cars before this, where the alternate fits among the regular field in terms of quality. No drop off here!

Attachments:
    Rich Millich
    Participant

12/24/2021:

NEW ALTERNATE PLANNED

@knb112
    , yours is up next alongside the rebuilds I’m doing. If you’d like, I can post an idea of which cars are coming no matter what for you to choose from.

ANY LUG member can request one of these alternate cars. Just ask.

Krista K

@zaximillian thanks so much! 😊

Dan
    Participant

The cars are looking nice! Gonna have a big “family pic” with all the core cars?

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> The cars are looking nice! Gonna have a big “family pic” with all the core cars?

I know, I’m waiting for a group shot also. There have been 20 individual car pics posted to Rich’s Flickr account, but like this thread, there have been no updates for a month and a day. Suspense!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Rich must be planning something REALLY big – he’s been on radio silence since Christmas Eve.

Rich Millich
    Participant

6/18/2022

CAR CONSTRUCTION

@knb112
    I have completed the alternate #7 V8 Racer, in blue and yellow, complete with driver.
    Primary sponsors are ENGyne and Car Glass.

Secondary sponsors are many: Zenzora, eRav, Hevado, Yubihama, GIR BOX, and DarX. Nearly ALL of the LEGO car part companies they made up.

Parts are from sets 8124 and 8151.
    I chose a blue and yellow fire suit, an open face blue helmet and chose a female driver with light blue sunglasses.

I also have extra parts that either didn’t fit into the final design or are extras you can use to expand the set.

The primary way to see the car is to attend the Q2 meeting tomorrow, as it’s already 5:30 in the morning, and I need to take a 4 hour sleep to immediately get up and get ready to be picked up and go there, and I’m too tired to take pics now.

2 5 6 8 27 66 (96?)
    ALTERNATES POSSIBLE

3 4 7 18 46
    ALTERNATES EARMARKED OR GIVEN

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Rich Millich.
    Marcella Spear
    Participant

Hey Rich – I would love a car. Great talking to you today at the meeting.

Thanks!

Rich Millich
    Participant

Hey Rich – I would love a car. Great talking to you today at the meeting.

Thanks!

A pleasure.

CAR CONSTRUCTION

I’ve decided that Marcella gets the alternate #2, and this car is a LOT more complete than I remember it, at about 80%. I should be able to finish it today.

This car is in a very appealing color combination of black, lime and bits of white and red. Parts from sets 8192, 8133, 8119 and 8154.

Primary sponsors are R Power, SuperFast, and CTM Graphix.
    Secondary sponsors are Turbo Oil, DarX and Hevado. More than enough to fill out the car.

Driver torso on this one is printed, so this car can be expanded into a good looking full pit row team. Female driver, black helmet, fluorescent lime visor, lime fire suit with touches of white and black. Black driving gloves. Good contrast in the cockpit.

I’m going to hunt through my sticker sheets to see if I can add any further black backed sponsor stickers, but I think this is sufficient.

There is any issue on the windshield sticker, which my cars don’t typically have. I may need to Kragle the edges down as they wrap around, or carefelly snip the sides of the sticker down a bit, as there is no detail there.

I was already forced to place the side stickers over an assembly of parts on the side walls, but it’s not showing through the sticker, so that’s okay. If you plan on disassembly, the side walls are going to be a small problem.

I am currently working on the back of the cockpit and the hood, then finalizing the stickers.

A completed pic later today I hope.

MAXIMUM VERBOSITY IS BACK

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Rich Millich.
    Marcella Spear
    Participant

This sounds amazing @zaximillian. It will be a wonderful addition to my city. I can’t wait to see it. Thanks again.

Rich Millich
    Participant

6/21/2022:

CAR COMPLETED

* CTM Graphix removed, Steer Well added.
    * Resculpted the hood to make it cleaner.

5 6 8 27 66 (96?)
    ALTERNATES POSSIBLE

2 3 4 7 18 46
    ALTERNATES EARMARKED OR GIVEN

Attachments:
    Marcella Spear
    Participant

That is beautiful. I love it. Thanks Rich. Well done. The colors are gorgeous.

Rich Millich
    Participant

That is beautiful. I love it. Thanks Rich. Well done. The colors are gorgeous.

So, getting the car to you is the next question. Q3 is a good distance away.

Marcella Spear
    Participant

I don’t mind waiting until the q3 meeting. Or if we end up staffing the same event.

Rich Millich
    Participant

6/25/2022:

With the most recent car completed, I’m not sure what to work on:

* Beginning the Great Refit for my original MOCs, the G-Fighters, so I can fly in a new version of the FS-38G Paladin for our 10th anniversary.

* Refining the Vic Viper I got back from Dan Walker and entering it into NNoVVember 2022.

* Building another alt car for another LUG member. Probably the #5.

* Continuing to refine the fleet to version 2, including cockpit and window refinements and fitting in all possible remaining stickers.

* Returning to my City Pizza modular, or obtaining other buildings to begin Platesburgh.

* Finishing the White Raven for Sean Collins.

* Building more space containers for an eventual SHIP.

TOO MANY OPTIONS

Viewing 18 posts - 301 through 318 (of 318 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar