Brick Fest Live Pittsburgh 2021 Sept 11-12

Home Forums LUG discussions Brick Fest Live Pittsburgh 2021 Sept 11-12

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 223 total)
  • Author
    Krista K

2 kids for the weekend

Got it! 🙂

Jason Middaugh
    Participant

It will be just my daughter and me, so would need passes for the two of us. Thanks!

Krista K

It will be just my daughter and me, so would need passes for the two of us. Thanks!

@twrt0es Sure thing! 😊

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Jason are you bringing the Parker “Christmas Story” house again? I got a bunch of bright light orange tiles to make a Steel City LUG version. 🙂

Jason Middaugh
    Participant

Yes! I certainly am. I will have all of the A Christmas Story builds along with the It’s A Wonderful Life ones and a couple of others.

Steve
    Participant

My son and I will be attending the show on Sunday in the afternoon (I believe our time slot is at 2:00) and will drop by the booth to check out the displays and say hi.

Jeffrey
    Participant

Do you guys need me Saturday September 11th?
    I have off
    Let me know

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> Do you guys need me Saturday September 11th?

There’s a lot of people on the Doodle so far, so I don’t know that we ‘need’ you, but obviously you’re welcome to come. In fact, given the number of times I’ve said to Duncan ‘Is Jeffrey coming’ and he’s replied with ‘No, he has to work’, I don’t think we should ever pass up an opportunity for you to attend.

Will McDine
    Participant

So I have a few things to address with this post. 1. I know the last time they came to town they gave us X number of free tickets for loved ones. Is this still a thing? I didn’t see much chat about it and wanted to check. If so then I would much appreciate 2 adult tickets for Sunday. 2. I still do not know what time I will be available for set up, unfortunately I need to have some dental work done that morning so I would assume I will be coming later in the day. 3. @joshhall I will be needing a new brick badge. Somehow mine got lost in the move and I can’t for the life of me find it. 4. I’ve been given intel that an old friend and a celebrity in the Lego community is going to be attending This event as well. I’m not gonna name names until said person tells me it’s okay to tell everyone though. Just wanted to put it out there!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I’ve been given intel that an old friend and a celebrity in the Lego community is going to be attending This event as well. I’m not gonna name names until said person tells me it’s okay to tell everyone though. Just wanted to put it out there!

Is it Evan? It’s Evan, right? I knew it! I can’t wait to see @zemata’s robots!

Queen Zethra - 01

Krista K

I know the last time they came to town they gave us X number of free tickets for loved ones. Is this still a thing? I didn’t see much chat about it and wanted to check. If so then I would much appreciate 2 adult tickets for Sunday.

@willmcdine
    I put in for a few extra passes, so I earmarked a 2nd one for you.

Jordan
    Participant

I’ll be bringing my lighthouse model, but the base is looking a little bare. If anyone wants to bring any beach related lego items feel free to do so. I think it could be fun to have a small beach collaboration at the base of the lighthouse

Logan C
    Participant

If anyone wants to bring any beach related lego items feel free to do so.

I have a shark and various clear parts that can simulate movement in the water if you’d like to put a little “Jaws” scene in there.

Josh
    Keymaster

I can bring the Lug’s supply of blue 2×4 bricks to scatter/pile around it too

Will McDine
    Participant

So Brickfest Live posted it on their social
    Media, so now I can tell you guys.. for those who did not see, there will be 2 special guests at Brickfest this weekend. Lego Masters Season 1 Star Mel Brown, and Season 2 Star Zack Macasaet will be with us for the weekend! I haven’t met Zack, but I met Mel a few years ago at Philly Brickfest, he’s a great person and after talking to him, he seems very excited to meet everyone!

Krista K

So I just got an email from our on-site contact: CJ Donovan. Here are a few things worth sharing (my notes are in italics):

WHAT ARE THE SHOW HOURS?
    Public hours:
    Saturday, 9/11/21, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
    Sunday, 9/12/21, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
    **Your display MUST be attended during these times. We have plenty of staffing so this shouldn’t be a problem.

WHEN CAN I ENTER THE BUILDING IN THE MORNING? WHEN DO I HAVE TO LEAVE AT NIGHT?
    Building access:
    Friday, 9/10/21, 12 noon to 5:00pm Trisha said we could get in from 10 am to 7 pm. I’m confirming this with CJ.
    Saturday,9/11/21, 8:00am to 6:00pm
    Sunday, 9/12/21, 8:00am to 8:00pm
    **Please make sure you arrive on Saturday and Sunday early enough to have your displays attended for guests. We recommend 8:30am. Your displayer’s badge will get you in each day.

BRICK FEST LIVE IS NOW A CASHLESS EVENT
    If you want to bring home a new LEGO® set or any other type of cool merchandise, we will be accepting all major credit/debit cards and electronic payment methods.

PARKING
    Parking is FREE at the Monroeville Convention Center. Once parked, head to the NORTH GATE ENTRANCE

FAN WELLNESS POLICY
    As advised by the CDC, Brick Fest Live echoes the advice of the CDC that fully vaccinated people should wear a mask in public indoor settings where the virus is particularly active (substantial or high transmission). As of August 2, 2021, Allegheny County moved to the substantial category.

WILL THERE BE FOOD?
    The Monroeville Convention Center will offer food options and there will be typical convention food for sale during event hours. I also believe that there are a few food options near the Convention Center as well.

IS RE-ENTRY ALLOWED?
    Yes. If you want to leave and return later, you will be stamped on the way out.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> Friday, 9/10/21, 12 noon to 5:00pm Trisha said we could get in from 10 am to 7 pm. I’m confirming this with CJ.

The other question then would be when are the tables being set up. Since we’re not using LUG tables for this one, I would assume that the tables and table clothes will be set up for us ahead of time. If the tables are not going to be set up before noon, then it will not do us much good to be able to get in at 10am, except maybe to load stuff in. (It might be worth noting that at BrickFair and BrickWorld, we can’t get in the hall until 1pm on the first day, because they use the morning to set up the tables, and they don’t want us to be in the way.)

Krista K

@bengood921 I agree that it’s kind of useless to try to set up without the tables. I think @joshhall was the only one on the doodle who had said they were coming in that 10 am – 1 pm shift. Everyone else was from between 1 – 7 pm on Friday or first thing Saturday morning so it shouldn’t be too much of an impact.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I hate to do this and it’s definitely not typical of how I like to do things, but after looking at the current situation and consulting with some other people, for a variety of reasons I have decided that I am no longer comfortable attending this event and I have to pull out. I will not been putting anything on display and I will not be staffing. I’ve already removed myself from the Doodle.

I’m guessing things will go fine without me, and hopefully the six-baseplate hole I’ve left in the display layout can be easily filled. I’m looking forward to hearing how it goes and seeing pics.

Jeffrey
    Participant

I am willing to fill in for Ben if that’s ok?
    Please let me know.
    I am off all weekend

Josh
    Keymaster

Please, come! No need to “fill in”! Anyone in the lug should come to staff events and check out the event!

Jeffrey
    Participant

Will do sir!
    I work Friday night otherwise I’d help setup
    But I will vs there Saturday and Sunday
    Also I have a friend who just joined
    Name is Andrew Keeling
    Can he help at either this or Train show event?
    Let me know Josh

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I didn’t want to get too much into details in my previous post, but apparently I was too vague and there is some concern about what might be going on. So to be clear, my reasons for not attending are all covid-related. Nobody needs to worry that there might be some other problems occurring behind the scenes.

Josh
    Keymaster

Will do sir!
    I work Friday night otherwise I’d help setup
    But I will vs there Saturday and Sunday
    Also I have a friend who just joined
    Name is Andrew Keeling
    Can he help at either this or Train show event?
    Let me know Josh

anyone in the lug should come out to staff any event! If I’ve ever said anything contrary, I’ve done a terrible thing. the lug will always be better off the more time members are getting together and socializing, building, displaying, etc.

Krista K

@bengood921 I totally respect your decision. Thanks for letting us know.

@legobear79
    and Andrew looking forward to seeing you this weekend.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 223 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar