Brick Fest Live Pittsburgh 2021 Sept 11-12

Home Forums LUG discussions Brick Fest Live Pittsburgh 2021 Sept 11-12

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 223 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Keymaster

I’ll probably participate in some fashion. gunna take me a year or so to get new life in balance, but I’ll get to a point where I can plan ahead eventually. very much real time these days.

Krista K

@whitesidewjw, @greg, @joshhall Sounds great!

We can nail down more specifics as we get closer. We still have a lot of real estate to fill, but I’m confident we can do it, especially since we’ll have things built from previous events.

Tim

Keeping in mind the nature of the show, we should have trains, monorails and/or trolleys running.

I am planning on bringing a variety to trains (have to reply on @randomdan for monorail stuff) as well as town buildings. Depending up the space available (at both the show and in my car), I may include both the Gulf and K&L Gates buildings.

Dan
    Participant

I still have to nail down whether I’ll be free to participate, but if so I will bring plenty of monorail @timf!

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> @bengood921 I know you mentioned that you’ll be out of town, but is there anything that you’d like me to take for you?

Thanks for the offer, but no, I don’t have anything built right now that’d be easy to send along and have somebody else set up, and I doubt I will in time for this event.

Krista K

Thanks for the offer, but no, I don’t have anything built right now that’d be easy to send along and have somebody else set up, and I doubt I will in time for this event.

@bengood921 No worries. Just wanted to extend the offer. 🙂

Tom Frost
    Participant

I would like to bring the two-lug-table (40×80″) jurassic park build that Jonah and I are finishing for Fayette county fair. I could also bring a spacetrain and some assorted rovers. Sorry I never posted to the spreadsheet.

Krista K

@tfdesigns No worries. I got you in. 🙂

I recently connected with Trisha to confirm our footprint. They’re giving us a 40′ x 40′ space with is slightly bigger than we had in 2017. Our setup back then was about 16 8′ tables set in a square so this is maybe a table or so bigger on each side. I’ll start pulling together a layout to share so that we have a visual on how well we’re filling the space and what we still need. I have to submit the names for badges by September 1, so there’s still time to participate if you haven’t indicated that you wanted to already.

Skipper Mike
    Participant

I’d like to participate somehow. I don’t think I have anything to display, I might be able to staff Sunday though.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

I won’t be able to staff but we will be there Saturday afternoon apparently. I can give you anything you need for display. Not clear on themes or areas that could be contributed to other than “Pittsburgh”; which I have no dukes.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I have no dukes

It’s ok, probably no one does.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I would like to bring the two-lug-table (40×80″) jurassic park build that Jonah and I are finishing for Fayette county fair.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS let’s see them dinos!

also: #SPACETRAINS!

also: internet points to the first LUG member to do a #DaisyDukes MOC!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

#DaisyDukes MOC!

trying to draw @zemata back to the LUG?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

via GIPHY

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

via GIPHY

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

via GIPHY

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

I have no dukes

It’s ok, probably no one does.

My reference was a little less Bo and Luke and a little more Adam Sandler and Saturday Night Live (For MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY!) (Lots of swear type words) (Clip quote would be at 2:05-2:10 area of video):

But with all these older style Charger Speed Champion sets and the Ghost Rider set, we could do reasonable re-MOC of a General Lee!

Zemata
    Participant

The world isn’t ready for my MOCs, sorry.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

via GIPHY

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

via GIPHY

It’s true… I don’t think we’re ready for @zemata’s jelly….

Krista K

I’d like to participate somehow. I don’t think I have anything to display, I might be able to staff Sunday though.

@skippermike
    I’ll get a sign-up sheet up soon! 🙂

Rob
    Participant

Ashley and I can staff the event not sure what we have to display at this point.

Krista K

@legolord82 Sounds great!

I’ll send out a doodle for staffing as we get closer.

I pulled together a layout based on everyone so far who’s indicated that they were interested. It’s really only to figure out how much space we need to fill. Everyone is welcome to set up where they’re most comfortable. We do still have a number of tables to fill out to have a good representation. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lhuhTYSNNshm-B98rWKtXlXiRwJ90Roa5eO9N7jh96I/edit?usp=sharing

I also connected with Trisha today about the ever-changing COVID situation. We’re still 6 weeks out so things could change a bit between now and then. They’re waiting to hear if the venue will require masks for everyone (per CDC recommendation) and they are considering it as well. She’s going to keep me posted, but I wanted to share that in case anyone had any concerns.

Skipper Mike
    Participant

If I say now I’ll show some Jungle Cruise stuff I’ll have to complete some builds for it

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

If I say now I’ll show some Jungle Cruise stuff I’ll have to complete some builds for it

This is the way.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 223 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar