Philly Brick Fest 2015 – Apr 23-26

Home Forums LUG discussions Philly Brick Fest 2015 – Apr 23-26

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 185 total)
  • Author
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Thank you for the schedule again! I’m most likely not attending Saturday, DisneyDan and I are going to be sightseeing in Philly. Not that’s it’s any comparison to Pittsburgh, but I do love a liberty bell!

Fair enough; you’ll miss the adoring crowds, though. You’re leaving some time Saturday, or staying until Sunday? I only ask so we know whether Laura needs alternative lodging for Saturday night… 😀

Paula
    Participant

yes, my checkout is Saturday. I have homeownership duties (ah the joys of owning a home!) to do on Sunday. I’m sorry I’ll miss the crowds!

Laura
    Participant

I’ll figure something out for Saturday night. Also, there’s been a change of plans and I will not be leaving until Thursday morning, I realized I need tonight to get all my stuff repaired and readied for display.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Thanks for the updates, ladies.

I have everyone’s cell # except Micah, Rick, Zach, Kristen, and Ben. Does everyone have at least one other person’s number, just in case? Mine is in the spreadsheet if you want to grab it.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I have an emergency use cellphone that I haven’t actually used since 2012, I’m not sure what the number is. I’ll just find you guys at the Convention Hall tomorrow.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I have an emergency use cellphone that I haven’t actually used since 2012, I’m not sure what the number is.

Troglodyte.

Joe
    Participant

Would anyone be interested in doing a LUG draft tomorrow or Friday night?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Um.

Draft of what?

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

And what time? Don’t forget that opening ceremonies are at 8 on Thursday. I don’t know if they give away free stuff then like they do at BrickFair, but at BrickFair, you can’t win if you’re not there. And I plan to be there regardless. On Friday I have to be at the bowling alley by 9.

But Matt’s right, you’d need to decide on a set between now and then and have everybody involved agree and buy one. Not saying it can’t be done, but it might be difficult.

Paula
    Participant

So the schedule that was posted said activities start at 12, but my ticket says 1pm. Should I be there at noon?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

So the schedule that was posted said activities start at 12, but my ticket says 1pm. Should I be there at noon?

The convention hall will be open at 9 AM (actually, probably earlier) for people to set up. I think Cale from PennLUG said on Facebook that he’ll be there at 8 with their train stuff. So, you can show up as early as you want… but our tables won’t arrive until at least 2 PM, so there won’t be much setup to do until then. You can definitely wander around and meet people and visit vendor booths for earlybird specials, though.

But yea, maybe the activities start before official registration (they may not have anyone to staff the registration booth until 1)… the BrickFest Live guys will be all over the place getting ready but they’re really pretty chill so I doubt it matters much. Just look/ask for Chris or Chad, and tell ’em I sent ya, and they’ll give you VIP treatment. 😀

@paulamalu
    – Don’t forget to collect your friend’s goodie bag – she did pay for a ticket, even though she won’t be there, so get her the goods!

Joe
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Joe wrote:</div>

Um.

Draft of what?

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?S=21019-1

I was thinking 21019 eiffel tower, it’s only 35 and can be picked up at the Lego Store only minutes away. We could do it any time, just thought it might be a fun LUG activity.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

For me, that’s $35 that’ll be going towards the PaB wall, but other people might be interested.

Tim

I’ve posted a few pictures of our display on the group’s flickr account.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Thanks Tim! Did you make the buildings on both sides of the tall red building?

Nick Chen
    Participant

Here is the POV train video.

Tim

Thanks Tim! Did you make the buildings on both sides of the tall red building?

Yes. The small white building is a temporary structure and will be replaced (eventually) with a much more substantial and detailed white building. The four story dark gray building is Richard Castle’s apartment building (minus the top floor which will be built thanks to the recent acquisition of a K-2 of 2×4 dark gray bricks).

Zemata
    Participant

My ~200 photos are up on Flickr. I’ll add them the the group when I get home.
    http://Www.flickr.com/zemata

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Dat’s a lotta pics, Evan. I’ll get around to posting mine… eventually…

…maybe.

Nick, nice POV GoPro work! Highlights:

– lots of crotch shots

– Evan spilling the beans that while we have over 100 registered members, only about 20 are active o_O

This moment

– SPACE TRAIN!

Thoughts for future GoPro videos:

– Run the trains slowly, so the views of our display are not so blurry. With the Monorail, this may mean using a dying battery, since there’s not really much speed control

– Warn the LUG members (and public?) that they’re on candid camera, so they don’t say / do dumb stuff

– Elevate the monorail so it’s more interesting (like last year.)

Tim

This moment

Yeah, thanks for pointing that out, Matt. Great, nice shot of my butt. :-p I did not even know that Nick had run the camera. I think that is when we were working on the Spot mosaic.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Great, nice shot of my butt. :-p

You wish that was yours. I am 100% certain that it belongs to me. #sexyandIknowit

I think that is when we were working on the Spot mosaic.

Wrong again, Sherlock. If you pause at 2:00, you’ll see no Spot on the table.

Paula
    Participant

I posted my pictures and Art of the Brick to the LUG facebook page.

Josh
    Keymaster

youtube is still processing, but the time lapse is here http://youtu.be/15n6XuXo3HA

missed paula and joe from the group pic!

Tim

Wrong again, Sherlock.

Arrgh… 0-2. Send him to the bench!

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Here’s some pics I took. I don’t know how many pics the site’ll let me attach per post, so I’ll break it into multiple posts.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 185 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar