Threadjacking

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Threadjacking

Viewing 25 posts - 401 through 425 (of 1,453 total)
  • Author
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

I’ve been disappointed that TARGET has not had a seasonal LEGO polybag set, especially for Halloween, lately. However, if you are into Halloween, LEGO does have a Halloween holiday set that looks appealing:

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Halloween-Haunt-40260

(… unless of course, you already HAVE a bunch of jack-o-lantern pieces that you’ve never used.)

Micah Beideman
    Participant

Did we ever set a date for the Q4 Meeting?

Pete
    Participant

I’ve been disappointed that TARGET has not had a seasonal LEGO polybag set, especially for Halloween, lately. However, if you are into Halloween, LEGO does have a Halloween holiday set that looks appealing:

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Halloween-Haunt-40260

(… unless of course, you already HAVE a bunch of jack-o-lantern pieces that you’ve never used.)

I too am unhappy that there is no halloween polybag at Target. I have been up there a few times looking.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Did we ever set a date for the Q4 Meeting?

I just searched and I don’t see any discussion about a date (not for this year, anyway…)

But apparently we have a Build Challenge… so… maybe we should plan the meeting? (I’m pretty sure Josh is on it… keep your eyes peeled!)

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Matt Redfield.
    Josh
    Keymaster

Who is Steel City Bricks on bricklink?

https://www.bricklink.com/feedback.asp?u=SteelCityBricks

Did we ever figure out who this was? @pnbrenem asked me… I swear I had reached out to them…If I remember correctly, it was a retired couple that sell stuff from belleview…thought we became facebook friends at least…

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Black and yellow, black and yellow:

DSC_8364

Greg Schubert
    Participant
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Anybody know who Richard Schnoonover is? @timf I scrolled through his Flickr stream cause he has a lot of pics of the older BFVAs, but appears to not have been active in recent years. It looks like he lives in the greater Richmond area. And I found these pics, as far as I can tell, it’s Tim cheating on us with another LUG! Shock and horror! Okay, so these were taken 9 months or so before I actually met Tim, but I still feel used and betrayed:

DSC_4244

DSC_4240

December 2012 RichLUG Meeting

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Richard Schnoonover

He is always the one behind the lens in the Flickr stream. There is a reflection in the first photo that you included but that is of no use. This ain’t Blade Runner where you can just pan to one side and see what is behind something in a photo.

I think he is the guy who was wearing the steam punk top hat with all the LEGO bling glued to it at BF VA this year. I think he also makes a lot of skyscrapers. I could be wrong on both counts. Anyway, Tim definitely knows who he is.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

While I was looking for a picture of Rich Schoonover, I found this:

http://vividreports.blogspot.com/2015/01/

A mountain mosaic background, who would’ve thought? Anyway, it must be nice to have a university’s income at your disposal to build. I wonder if Harvard, with a 37+ billion endowment, needs anything built.

Tim

I think he is the guy who was wearing the steam punk top hat with all the LEGO bling glued to it at BF VA this year.

Nope, that is Richard Schamus from WamaLUG. Rich Schoonover is the founder of RichLUG (now RVALUG). Great guy, but I have not seen him at BrickFair VA in a number of years. I don’t think he is overly active in RVALUG anymore either.

BTW Ben, those pictures are from the last RichLUG meeting before I moved to Pittsburgh. Is there a specific reason you are looking for him? As far as I know, he still lives in Richmond.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> A mountain mosaic background, who would’ve thought?

As far as I can tell, the mosaic background is not as wide as the display and off-center, which looks strange to me. Anyway, that one was done by CoWLUG, and I found a time-lapse video of the install here:

Hit the Bricks! Timelapse

The video never shows the completed build, and 1/3 of the video is credits (no, there’s no surprise bonus material at the end, so don’t bother unless you really like credits), but I still found it worth watching.

>> Is there a specific reason you are looking for him? As far as I know, he still lives in Richmond.

No, I’m not actually looking for him, I just linked to his Flickr stream off the BrickFair group stream, and I posted the pics here to demonstrate conclusively that you cheated on us. Cheater.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I just sent a four pound package to Burbank CA. What do you think that would cost? It was over $41.40! I could scarcely believe it.

Josh
    Keymaster

Insurance? Expedited?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I just sent a four ounce package to South Africa for less than that… (actually, didn’t weigh it in box b/c I used a Small Flat Rate Box that I picked up just before shipping… but the 7 CMFs weighed 4oz…) …and I used the flat rate box so it’d be insured (can’t insure First Class Mail International Package Service, for some reason… that would’ve cost ~$23 but not met the buyer’s request for insurance; the flat rate box was ~$33…)

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by Matt Redfield.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Insurance? Expedited?

Nothing special, just Priority, but I think the volume had a big impact. The box was about 21″ x 17″ x 7″.

Tim

Cheater.

Pre-emptive Cheater.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Matt Redfield wrote:

@greg
    , you ready to do The Claw yet?!?

I have accumulated pieces of this project: an LEGO excavator claw, a LEGO control center, 100 LEGO Toy Story aliens and a Toy Story bedsheet. I should run this collection of parts past @tfdesigns at the Q3 meeting.

Oh, Greg… guess what I found…

The Claw

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Oh, Greg… guess what I found…

That’s very nicely done, but I was thinking of something a little more interactive.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Well… yeah. 😉

My point was, this guy went for tiny and cute. We can totally have a life size, fully operable model that is actually shaped like a rocket ship! Because we’re awesomer than this guy.

Sean Collins
    Participant

Omg its going to be life size? I WANT TO HELP!!!!!! I can rig a joy stick, button, coin deposit, and claw mechanics.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Sean Collins.
    Rich Millich
    Participant

I suddenly want multiples of this little 2018 set, the 31071 Drone Explorer:
    https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=31071-1

If anybody spots these $10ish sets, let me know. I’ll take two. I’ll take FOUR. I love this set already!

EDIT: Mac with SWR downtown has definitely ordered these. Imma stock up on these bad boys. It’s nice to know people.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Rich Millich.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

The guy who won the LEGO Rebrick contest for Winter Wonderlands World built a detailed virtual snowman 156 levels tall.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/rebrick/contest-page/contests/winter-wonderland-worlds

My skating rink entry was the first runner-up.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Dude, congrats! I mean, I’d vote for your build over anything “virtual”… but still, prize pack ain’t nothin’ to sneeze at…

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I’d vote for your build over anything “virtual”

This creation had a detailed interior and considering that LEGO wanted new places for kids to add to their Minecraft-like WORLDS video game, it was a perfect choice. This guy can send his digital files to TLG and they can incorporate it into their virtual WORLDS.

Viewing 25 posts - 401 through 425 (of 1,453 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar