Threadjacking

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Threadjacking

• This topic has 1,434 replies, 40 voices, and was last updated 2 days ago by Josh.
Viewing 25 posts - 426 through 450 (of 1,453 total)
  • Author
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Double points and free sets are back on! I backordered the old fishing store and got the VIP set https://shop.lego.com/en-US/D2C-VIP-Set-40178, a small London bus and a keychain with it. Woot!

Laura
    Participant

Hahahaha Greg, I read your post and I must have gotten the last one. >:D

Check the time stamp.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Laura.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

I must have gotten the last one. >:D

Were these two separate orders, one with the keychain and one without? I already received mine.

In the interest of threadjacking, I saw strings of CARS (PIXAR) racing flags, at TARGET (I think in section D20) yesterday. It made me think of the International Children’s Festival racetrack. Although I’ve never been to this event, a string of colorful triangular flags would be a fun decoration to have. The flags at TARGET were probably expensive and meant for indoor use, but cheap plastic ones might serve the purpose.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I am trying to build a fire station starting with a roof that can use our ample supply of 2×2 gold tiles as shingles. Because I built the roof first, I am physically assembling the building from the top down. CAUTION: *kids, don’t try this at home*

P.S. The dark tan pieces in the photo are frames for trap doors. I got them inexpensively some time ago at a lower price than 1x plates in the same color and the parts work well at stabilizing structures … including train cars.

Attachments:
    Josh
    Keymaster

I meant the invitation to the stud dungeon lair of the elusive @greg!

Oh I get it, LEGO bricks have studs on them. Well it was safe to invite everyone knowing that you had other plans. ?

Hey Josh, instant Friends display in South Park:
    http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/tag/5277493752.html

@legoman270
    was this you????

randomly, in my trenching through emotional baggage of missed LEGO opportunities with me at the helm, I remember there was that Christmas concert dude who wanted us to build 3 buildings that were 10 feet high. Never heard from him again after he went for funding.

Josh
    Keymaster
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Sweet! I have been keeping up with Flickr, I don’t know how that one got by me. Well, I’m looking forward to seeing the Whipped Cafe with a big ol’ GOB on either side.

Laura
    Participant

I would be willing to help out if it meant they’d be open to coming to the trolley museum to display for our summer “Trolley Fair” event as I posted about in the other “2018 events” thread.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I would be willing to help out if it meant they’d be open to coming to the trolley museum to display for our summer “Trolley Fair” event as I posted about in the other “2018 events” thread.

Did you contact PennLUG about participating in the summer trolley event? This is the email address I have for Cale:

“Cale” <steampoweredbricks@gmail.com>

Tim

@joshhall, that is some sweet SNOT on that building. The outward facing studs convey a cool visual texture – modern but not a smooth surface. Very nice use of the 2×2 trans 45 slopes.

Josh
    Keymaster

haha, you compliment the reason why I posted it in this thread – to explain why I wanted 2×4 tiles in medium blue on lugbulk. I think the studs make it too busy and add too much depth from the windows.

Don’t be fooled on the snot techniques either…this is certainly a classic Josh Hall build from the back. my geometry is all out of whack and I just threw some stuff together to make it stick. There are exposed cracks, and I’ve accepted it. 🙂

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

A build that makes both Greg (winter scene) and Matt (tunnel with curves) jealous:

mvi_7552

Greg Schubert
    Participant

This winter scene is very nicely done and I like that train. I have been second guessing my decision to build the polar express engine. Its so brittle and cumbersome. I mean, it needs FOUR motors to move. The engine is this video has those custom wheels and the moving bar thingy, whatever it is called.

Attachments:
    Laura
    Participant

Did you contact PennLUG about participating in the summer trolley event? This is the email address I have for Cale: “Cale” <steampoweredbricks@gmail.com>

Thanks Greg, I will look into that.

The engine is this video has those custom wheels and the moving bar thingy, whatever it is called.

They’re “Side rods” or “Drive rods”

For future reference 😀

Greg Schubert
    Participant

They’re “Side rods” or “Drive rods”

Thanks Laura, I hoped you would know the correct term. 🙂 Not doing much in school today?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Greg, I love the use of the 1×2 control panel tiles on the chalet!

Ben, I don’t get jealous.

I get even.

Not.

Josh,

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Matt Redfield.
    Laura
    Participant

No school for me today! ^.^

Phil Breneman
    Participant

Looks like the millennium falcon is back in stock at shop.lego.com. Who knows how long it will last. https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Millennium-Falcon-75192

Pete
    Participant

Target out near Harrisburg has Penguins and Steelers gear.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I saw yesterday at Dick’s Sporting Goods that they have some LEGO products and the NINJAGO sets are 25% off. I saw the City Chase set but not the one with the bridge that yinz have selected for the draft.

Pete
    Participant

Target and toys r us have Master falls. So does Lego.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Ugh, I was at Target yesterday and I totally forgot about Master Falls. I did get a free $10 gift card though, so I guess when I do buy my Master Falls, I can say I got it 1/3 off.

I don’t know how many people in this group bothered to check out TBB’s article on the new Elves sets coming out. I took a look to see if the sets are going to have any interesting parts that I might want, and behold – they’re bringing back dark turquoise, whoop! It’s possible that some of us love dark turquoise and add it to our BL orders whenever we see new parts at a good price, which admittedly isn’t often.

Micah Beideman
    Participant

Yeah, there’s also some in the new modular

Dan (Beast)
    Participant

Where is the list of the LUGs bulk pieces? How much are they?

Josh
    Keymaster

Where is the list of the LUGs bulk pieces? How much are they?

There is no list, just a bunch of organized bins in my basement. You’d have to come to the meeting on the 6th to see it.

Viewing 25 posts - 426 through 450 (of 1,453 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar