Threadjacking

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Threadjacking

Viewing 25 posts - 651 through 675 (of 1,453 total)
  • Author
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

My entire LEGO budget is going toward huskies.

Ok, then be sure to bring back one of those huge bags with which the LUG endowed you for your previous LUGbulk order.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Ok, then be sure to bring back one of those huge bags with which the LUG endowed you for your previous LUGbulk order.

Wait, what?

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> Wait, what?

I remember that during sorting, there were several times when I used the largest bag that I could find – and they were large – to hold just a single piece. And I also remember making sure that as many people as possible knew about it even if they hadn’t been there at the time, so it’s no surprise that Greg is familiar.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Listen, I maintain that that whole ordeal was @timf’s fault…

I’ve donated bags and bins to the LUG on several occasions. But sure, if you want those back, I’ll return them. By Septemberish, since that’s when LUGBulk2019 will be delivered…

Greg Schubert
    Participant

You don’t need to bring all the bags, just one for dog sled team.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

If I bring one, I’m bringing many. #reusereducerecycle

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Its shocking how small an order of 3,000 parts can be.

Attachments:
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> Its shocking how small an order of 3,000 parts can be.

Yours is a familiar tale. We ordered something like 3800 1×1 round plates for LUGBulk18, the majority of which were purchased by me n Sean, and I was dismayed when Josh brought out the bag containing them, it was essentially a gallon bag. What color cheese did you buy and what for? I buy trans-orange for space lava, and even when it’s 10,000 or more, it’s not that big a pile.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

white, for snow of course

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I was disappointed to discover that this was not a video of Greg rolling around in his white cheese slopes, Scrooge McDuck-style.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I’m tried to get a handle of sand green profile bricks by looking at the sets that currently have them. I like this part in general and am trying to decide if I would use this color. They are not very common except in an Aquaman set where the predominant color is sand green. They could be useful if you were doing an underground tunnel, for example a TMNT scene, but olive green is more commonly part of TMNT color schemes. How would you envision using them?

Pete
    Participant

Green Grocer. Instead of using 1X2 with notch in it, use sand green profile brick.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Statue of Liberty made out of bricks.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Sorry Ben, I like Pete’s idea better. If you had 1×1 sand green bricks, you would need about 400 1×2 sand green bricks to account for all the sand green bricks in the green grocer.

Or maybe it would be a good color for an elf dormitory. 😀

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by Greg Schubert.
    Zach Bauer
    Participant

They could be useful if you were doing an underground tunnel

word of advice Greg, give up while you’re ahead 🙂 @philmatt24

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Currently Minnesota, Washington and Iowa charge sales tax on eBay, but eBay is going to start collecting sales tax for purchases made in Pennsylvania on July 1, 2019. 🙁

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/taxes-import-charges?id=4121#section4

Rich Millich
    Participant

I expect an Iditarod build, @philmatt24. That is all.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I expect an Iditarod build, philmatt24. That is all.

Come on, man! You know I don’t build nuthin’!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I can’t think of smart words like acrimonious.

Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

I am in need of FREE shipping boxes that are 8″x10″x4″ or slightly larger. Does anyone have a surplus?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

If you can come pick them up, I have a plethora of various and sundry boxes that are in that size range…

Pete
    Participant

Just read on FB that Ralph from Greenberg Train Show passed away on Sunday.

Tim

Just read on FB that Ralph from Greenberg Train Show passed away on Sunday.

That is sad. He will be missed. Other than the one dustup we had a few year’s back, he was always happy to see us.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

One thing I have learned about outdoor photography is that pictures can be more interesting when the sun is close to the horizon. I was pleasantly surprised to see it work on a LEGO building this morning.

Attachments:
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Nice!

Viewing 25 posts - 651 through 675 (of 1,453 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar