Threadjacking

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Threadjacking

Viewing 25 posts - 951 through 975 (of 1,453 total)
  • Author
    Rich Millich
    Participant

I looked at all of the pages on Brickset, and found four parts that interest me:

* 1×1 upward bracket, Light Bluish Gray. Greeble color, compact SNOT wizardry. I just need to check my inventory to see if I already have them.

* 2×2 slope brick with a printed grille on the slope, Dark Bluish Gray. DBG isn’t the best greeble color, but this is a machinery part that fits just about anything.

* 1×2 grilled cheese slope, Silver Metallic. Shiny greeble. ‘Nuff said.

* Lamella, White. I’m going to need multiple garage doors.

Most of these parts are older parts in odd, tertiary colors or are complex molds that don’t look that flexible. I am concerned that TLG is doing single purpose molds again, and that’s one thing that got them into trouble before.

Dan
    Participant

Really nice MOC @greg! I’m most impressed by the multiple planes of symmetry!

Dan
    Participant
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

planes of symmetry!

Thanks, it’s challenging to create hexagonal symmetry. This is probably why honeybees don’t build hives from LEGO. 😀

Rich Millich
    Participant

@philmatt24, I forget: how did we manage to do hexagons on the Settlers of Catan boardgame build?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Hinge plates with 1×4 plates on top, I believe. Maybe can get better pix later. But here are a few pics where you can prob see some of the structure:

LEGO Settlers (Matt & Josh's) and Hi Neighbor (Josh's MOC)

Steel City LUG at Future Tenant Gallery (Sept 2013)

Steel City LUG @ LEGO KidsFest 2012 (Pittsburgh)

The intersections are telescopes in 1×1 plates w/ clips. And I think we actually used 2×4 plates under hinges, now that I’m looking, and jumpers to center the intersections so we could place the 1×4 tile “roads” on top.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Also think with the newer NEXO-hex plate, you could come up with a similar Settlers board pretty easily, but @joshhall and I haven’t tried it yet…

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> I think we’re back to a fully functionally site…

Did we not have a fully functional site? I missed that.

I was at the Lego store this evening. The shelves there are starting to look a bit Target-ish, Jason said the new stuff arrived last Friday and most of it sold out within hours. They do have a bunch of Sesame Street sets and there is some new Creator and City and Ninjago stuff. I think I saw a box of Series 21 behind the counter too.

Tim

I actually finished! Even though the design is mostly made with transparent parts, I like it better without backlighting.

Very nice, Greg!’

Gretzky, Lemieux, and Crosby could score on Jesus. Maybe Malkin and McKinnon as well on a really good day. :-p

Josh
    Keymaster

Too funny not to share. I got this email through my bricklink store:

Hi i have a youtube channel and would like you to sponsor my next video i do lego reveiws and would only need your jabba’s palace set and you will also get a shout out on the video as a kind sponsor. message me for details. Please consider this it would help a good fellow out.

thank you

JAMES

hahahahahaha. You know what would help a good fellow out? Buying the set from me. kgr8thxbye.

Rich Millich
    Participant

Too funny not to share. I got this email through my bricklink store:

Hi i have a youtube channel and would like you to sponsor my next video i do lego reveiws and would only need your jabba’s palace set and you will also get a shout out on the video as a kind sponsor. message me for details. Please consider this it would help a good fellow out.

thank you

JAMES

hahahahahaha. You know what would help a good fellow out? Buying the set from me. kgr8thxbye.

You could do it for the eXpOsUrE…

Greg Schubert
    Participant
    Josh
    Keymaster

Greg loves riding that line of purist vs financially feasible.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Me too! I ride the bomb of fiscal responsibility until it explodes!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Jim Rolfe.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Are we talking about the guy who spent $500 on green bricks to be able to replace the artificial Christmas tree he got from his grandparents?

Anyway speaking of huge projects, @skippermike is going to have to revise his life’s dream: NPR story on Jungle Cruise

Skipper Mike
    Participant

Anyway speaking of huge projects, @skippermike is going to have to revise his life’s dream: NPR story on Jungle Cruise

Yeah, I saw that when it was announced. It’s almost like Google knows…

I won’t have to build the uncomfortable African headhunters section. One of the concept art pieces shows a minor change to a set piece I already built.
    Looks like my procrastinating paid off though.

David Bacon
    Participant

My local Walgreens has the recently released Lego 1000 piece puzzles for sale for $10/ea. The packaging looks a bit different, but the puzzle image and piece count is the same.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Micah Beideman
    Participant

Sort of a SteelCityLUG feature in my friend Ryan’s most recent video xP
    (time stamp 2:55)

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I need advice on video editing. I did a whole post about it on the ‘What the heck is Ben doing’ thread, but I’m pretty sure almost nobody subscribes to that one right now, so I’m posting here also in case it helps get me more suggestions. So if you wanna advise on extremely basic video editing and software suggestions, please read my post here:

What the heck is Ben doing?

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I wasn’t excited about the upcoming Porsche set and was unlikely to buy it, but I still made note of the cancellation announcement on TBB. Does anybody know what this is really about? “Shipping issues” sounds like Lego-speak for “there’s a reason but we don’t want to tell you about it.” I remember when they started gluing the minifigs to the fridge magents, and at a Q&A at BFVA, the Lego PR guy answered a question about it, saying they had to start doing it because of a “production issue” – a phrase he used multiple times without elaborating – when in fact everybody knew they were doing it so you couldn’t buy the magnets just to get the minifigs, and would still have to go buy the sets they came in. I couldn’t help but wonder if this is a similar situation, except this time I have absolutely no clue as to what it might be about:

LEGO cancels VIP promotion for Creator Expert 10295 Porsche 911 Turbo & 911 Targa in North America [News]

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Hmm, well it looks like I read too quickly here… apparently the set itself isn’t canceled, just the ‘promotion pack’, which I didn’t know about before, and definitely wouldn’t’ve cared about in the slightest. So that makes it less of a big deal, but still, I’m still curious as to what happened there, cause any cancellation like that is never a good PR look.

David Bacon
    Participant

My local Walgreens has the recently released Lego 1000 piece puzzles for sale for $10/ea. The packaging looks a bit different, but the puzzle image and piece count is the same.

So, I bought one of the Ice Cream Dream puzzles and while putting it together with my wife, my purist mindset was disappointed to see that the colors of the ice cream puzzle are added in post-processing. This is evident by how some of the different colors have the exact same parts arrayed in the same orientation. Plus it uses some rare colors that I don’t believe all the parts in the “ice cream” bin are produced in. For instance, the coral color is not available for part 30357 3×3 round corner, but it’s clearly in the image. Oh well. It’s still a nice little puzzle.

Josh
    Keymaster

I love that attention to detail.

I remember we ran into the same problem when we did the Batman logo and the Lego movie logo. There were pieces pictured that didn’t exist in production.

Tom Frost
    Participant

Sort of a SteelCityLUG feature in my friend Ryan’s most recent video xP

Nice!

I mention Steel City LUG and wear the T-shirt in my interview for the March 2021 issue of Brick Journal Magazine.

Febrovery 2021 Brick Journal #66

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> I mention Steel City LUG and wear the T-shirt in my interview for the March 2021 issue of Brick Journal Magazine.

Sweet, I ordered my copy. I am going to wait til the print edition arrives in the mail to read it carefully. I did do a quick scroll through the digital copy (that came free with my purchase), and I noticed that Lego Ben’s rover for watering space plants did not make the cut, so I’m questioning the decision making that went into creating this article 😛

I can’t remember if anybody else in the LUG has been featured in the magazine before or not.

Viewing 25 posts - 951 through 975 (of 1,453 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar