[ES] 2018 Cranberry Library Summer Display

Home Forums LUG discussions [ES] 2018 Cranberry Library Summer Display

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> I’m lost as to how Cathy fits in with a “libraries rock” theme…

Isn’t there a small library somewhere in the Cathedral of Learning? I’m not sure.

>> and I didn’t realize it was only 12″ tall.

Ha, this is reminding me of the Stonehenge scene from Spinal Tap. “No, I don’t think the problem was that the display was ‘off’, I think the problem was that we had a Cathedral of Learning that was in danger of being crushed by a dwarf.”

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Ha, this is reminding me of the Stonehenge scene from Spinal Tap. “No, I don’t think the problem was that the display was ‘off’, I think the problem was that we had a Cathedral of Learning that was in danger of being crushed by a dwarf.”

@hacim
    says “what’s Spinal Tap?” @bengood921 says “Get off my lawn!”

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Tim mentioned in the build day thread that we currently only have 7 people involved in the Libraries Rock project. My son Jonathon built the rock band for the roof of the library, so you can already add him to the list, and I will put him on food truck construction. I think the funnel cake truck is going to the Summer Trolley amusement park – not sure. He can contribute an ice cream truck and we’ll think of something else.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by Greg Schubert.
    Pete
    Participant

I have a non-dairy ice cream truck and a vegan hot dog truck.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

.. how about a sandwich truck with farm-raised tuna on gluten-free bread grown with organic pesticides?

Tim

I have the pizza van set, which I bought for the Q1 parts draft but then missed the meeting.

Josh
    Keymaster

Micah and Neil built some cars this past saturday that we can throw in for number’s sake. Sean, Pete, Micah, and Neil also put together minifigs that we can toss in somewhere. Not that it’s the ideal solution to contribution, but it’s a bandaid fix.

Tim

I have had a work conflict come up for Saturday, June 2. Is anyone opposed to moving the installation date to the following Saturday, June 9? The Library gave me either date for the installation and that would give everyone an extra week to finish up any builds. Let me know. Thank you.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

@timf I can get my library and mosaic to you next weekend

“building” a minifig? really?

Bob Grier
    Participant

After a conversation with Tim at the Children’s Festival set-up, my wife Denise was “inspired” to build her first MOC, a line of sheet music to go with my keyboard for this display!! I helped her a little with a few ideas on how to get certain looks she was going for, but she did all of the work to build this herself! Proud of her!!

Right now, I have it on a low profile stand so it can sit right behind the keyboard and hopefully not block the view of the Quad. If that doesn’t work when we go to put everything into the display cabinet, then we’ll come up with another way and place to put it.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Hannah Dow
    Participant

Go Denise! That’s sweet!

@timf
    have my music notes arrived? if so, how badly did the USPS handle my music notes? I figure you could put some fishing line on them and use tape to hang em from the top of the display if you’re looking to fill vertical space.

Tim

@rcgrier3406, I love the two together. It looks like the minifigs are trying to play the music!

@hannah133
    , yes the package arrived AOK. All the notes appear to be in good shape! Thank you!

Josh
    Keymaster

she nailed that clef!

Tom Frost
    Participant

Is anyone opposed to moving the installation date to the following Saturday, June 9?

Actually, that is better for me. I will be able to be there on the 9th!

Tim

I just added two WIP pictures of the Cranberry Library to our Flickr photo pool – https://www.flickr.com/groups/steelcitylug/. I finally had some time today (after hockey uniform fittings and mowing the lawn) to sit down and do some extensive building. I still need to add the roof and landscaping – otherwise, this is ready to go. Harry is in the photo to show the scale vis-à-vis a minifig.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by Tim.
    Tim

Update – we are good to go for installation of the Display next Saturday, June 9. I’ll be there around 9:30 am – we should be able to get in early (the Library officially opens at 10:00 am).

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Great job all! Good time meeting and working with everyone!!

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Upload Errors:
    BFA8ED59-4853-42FD-A41E-8EEE139D5636.jpeg: File exceeds allowed file size.
    A306692F-E97E-43C5-9C0B-00441613E4F1.jpeg: File exceeds allowed file size.
    67D62963-554D-4D90-A6BF-4BE439555F85.jpeg: File exceeds allowed file size.
    76F27901-D507-4E32-AAA1-992E3197C92A.jpeg: File exceeds allowed file size.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooo………………

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooo………………

Yes @MattRedfield, dump trucks is dumb!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Is this in reference to the photos not loading?

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Is this in reference to the photos not loading?

More a reference to the person loading the pictures. I did post some in an album on Facebook and copied the LUG page. If there is another way to send let me know and I will. Mine are just cell phone pictures. Bob took some pro shots with camera.

Bob Grier
    Participant

Here’s a link to pictures from today’s install at the Cranberry Library. Things went pretty well and we finished up in about 2 hours. We had no trouble filling up the cabinet with stuff, as you’ll see. It might look like there are a number of duplicate pics, but that’s just me trying to change camera positions slightly to fight off either glare or reflections in the display case glass.

Couple of footnotes:

@greg
    , it took a little bit, but we managed our way through setting up the lighting stands, speakers and the band on the roof of the Library. Good thing you had posted pics earlier in this thread, they were helpful. But, we ended up with (1) large gray/tan can light that we couldn’t figure out where it went??? Hmm, spare light in case one burns out??

@hannah133
    , we were able to hang all of your musical notes from the lattice strips in the ceiling of the display case. They added a nice visual and vertical dimension to the display, especially since all of the builds were all well below eye level. Unfortunately, I noticed once I got home that I failed to get a picture of them!! Sorry about that. Maybe Tom, Jim or Tim took a pic and can/will post later on.

Future footnote for next year, the display case does have power now!! There’s an extension cord up in the lattice in the ceiling that we could plug into. Imagine the possibilities, especially if we put stuff on a timer!!

https://flic.kr/s/aHskCCCjad

Thanks again to everyone who helped or contributed!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by Bob Grier.
    Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Here is my post to Flickr.

Cranberry Library 2018

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by Jim Rolfe.
    Tom Frost
    Participant

A few more pictures… including @hanna133’s music notes.

Will McDine
    Participant

Sorry I missed out again, but the display looks great!

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 129 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar