2023 Winter Display Patrolley

Home Forums LUG discussions 2023 Winter Display Patrolley

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

In the past I provided a big chunk of the winter display, but I have big family obligations this year. However last year’s display happened without any of my North Pole MOCs so if there is a battle on Hoth again, I expect the display space will all be covered.

Jonathan Wagner
    Participant

I didn’t know it we wanted to do a battle of Hoth or not this year, figured that was up to everyone if they thought it was good to do.

I do have a second UCS AT-AT to add to it now tho ^^

Pete
    Participant

I personally prefer the winter village.

Josh
    Keymaster

Johnny, you’ve still got all the white MILS and such, right?

Jonathan Wagner
    Participant

Yep! And I had made…7 additional white MILs plates tho I took 2 apart…so there are still 5 additional I made.

Pamela S
    Participant

I’d really like to display and staff (mostly, set up, Saturday afternoons, and tear-down help – I signed up on google sheet).
    Since this is my first time displaying at this event, I want to make sure that it is not a MOC only event? and secondly, if there is any interest in me setting up my own mini-winter store bought sets village. I currently have built the holiday main street and motorized it with the power-up, so I wanted to see if I could put my Holiday Main Street buildings, the Elf club set, Stata’s visit, the new Alpine Lodge in a scene where the trolly would circle my little village. I also have the gwp Santa’s Workshop, gwp elf scene (these are the two gwp’s that connect from last season. As a special bonus, I also have the Star Wars Holiday Diorama I can throw into play. I’m also working on purchasing more of the smaller christmas scenes to add … the skating rink, snowball fight and a few others, although I don’t even have them yet, let alone built. The Alpine lodge I’m starting that build now, so it should be done. Santa’s workshop and the Star Wars diorama need built as well – I’m fairly certain all three can be done before set up (others are built from last year).
    If this is too much or not right, please let me know. Again, I never staffed or attended this event. Looking forward to it this season!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

@schaup, you might want to look at the setup that John S posted on page 1 of this thread

John S
    Participant

@schaup definitely plan to bring what you have! I’ve never displayed at this event either. From the looks/size of the table design, I think even if we have some duplication it would be fine! It would only be the trolley and main street stores, although all three of mine are modified from the originals.

Laura
    Participant

Morning all, I see I missed a bunch of stuff over the weekend but I’m going to try to catch up on questions now.

First of all HERE is the link to the google sheet for staffing. It is the same link as pumpkin to simplify things.

I do have a bluebrick layout completed but I have not added any details to it as I was waiting for info on what folks were willing to bring.

@greg
    sorry to hear you cannot make it, we’d love to have some of your builds!

@timf
    Cant wait to see what you have! How much room are you going to need?

@kacierno
    I’ll set aside a few baseplates for you

@howhardcoulditb
    Super cute peanuts build, I’m sure it will be a great addition to the display

@amplef0rth
    Very nice winter street, if you want to bring the 7×3 area, I think we will have trains running around the whole display.

@argonvesher
    I’m not opposed to the hoth display again, but I do want to change it up a bit from last year to make it fresh. I’m thinking we can do a scaled down version of Hoth? Do we still have all of the stuff from last year?

@schaup
    I’m very excited for you to be able to display at your first Santa Trolley event! Any items you want to bring to display will be welcome, though we do want to lean toward winter/holiday themed builds.

Jonathan Wagner
    Participant

Morning all, I see I missed a bunch of stuff over the weekend but I’m going to try to catch up on questions now.

@argonvesher
    I’m not opposed to the hoth display again, but I do want to change it up a bit from last year to make it fresh. I’m thinking we can do a scaled down version of Hoth? Do we still have all of the stuff from last year?

Yep still have all the stuff from last year and some more that Tim and I did for Brick Erie. Possibly planning to make a project to finish it all up and make it even bigger but that will be for other displays.

This we could just do the base portion or half of it at the end of the town stuff, depending on how much room we have/how much stuff will be displaying. If there is enough room IN the town or open areas, could have both AT-ATs walking thru (not in a way that covers up any of the buildings, etc) towards the base and have snow speeders coming out to meet them. Just an idea.

Tim

Johnny, you’ve still got all the white MILS and such, right?

I still have the blue bin of white LUG MILS plates and will bring those to Santa Trolley set up.

I didn’t know it we wanted to do a battle of Hoth or not this year, figured that was up to everyone if they thought it was good to do.

I was not planning on doing Hoth this year since we just did it last year. I’m not opposed but just was not planning on it. As an alternative, we could still do a snow field and have the two UCS AT-ATs doing something (maybe delivering Christmas presents?).

Cant wait to see what you have! How much room are you going to need?

I’m not sure as I was waiting to see what everyone else wanted to do and how much space was available.

Laura
    Participant

@timf I posted the bluebrick for the layout, let me know where you think you want to be.

Pete
    Participant

I think it is about time for the Santa factory to make another appearance at the trolley museum. Make it happen Tim.

Pamela S
    Participant

@amplef0rth Thank you! Your display video looks awesome. Are you going to be staffing any of the showings to the public? I’d like to meet and chat with you about your set modifications/MOCs.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by Pamela S.
    Laura
    Participant

@joshhall after looking at the layout (oversight on my part) we are going to need more tables at the museum. As of right now I believe we have 9 in storage in the new building but the layout I drew up has 18 tables in it. Would it be possible to get more tables brought down or do I need to come pick them up?

Please make sure you sign up using the google sheet so I know who to expect on Saturday and Sunday!

Jonathan Wagner
    Participant

@timf I would only be able to do setup Sunday and Wednesday but that might work out as we can see what is already built and done and apply our stuff after. Do either of those work for you?

I’ll be bringing both AT-ATs and see where we can fit them in…maybe I’ll make them up some reindeer antlers.

Tim

I posted the bluebrick for the layout, let me know where you think you want to be.

@laura, I like @pete idea of the Santa HQ so I will bring that. I need one LUG table, preferably on a corner. It contains two tracks around the outside two edges. Thank you.

I would only be able to do setup Sunday and Wednesday but that might work out as we can see what is already built and done and apply our stuff after. Do either of those work for you?

@argonvesher I’m thinking I’ll do set up this Sunday (November 19) from 11:00 am until about 1:00 pm.

Josh
    Keymaster

I’m leaving for a week on Sunday the 19th. If you need to get in my house to get anything, that can be arranged.

I will plan on bringing down whatever I can on Saturday, time TBD, but definitely after lunch.
    So far I know:

• christmas trees (100 of them. I donated to the lug to make it even)
    • the rest of the tables we have (We only have 17 lug tables though. So we either have to use the “Laura” (48×48) tables, or come up with some other solution.)
    • table legs
    • loose brick for people to play with or add scenes or fill or whatever
    • the bridge, if I can get it done
    • any white tile or plate used for landscaping
    Laura
    Participant

@joshhall I cut the display down to 16 tables if we need, but you could bring the 48″ tables down (I had completely forgotten about those) and I could make them into 40″ tables if we want and go with 18 tables.

I have attached the latest bluebrick with a rough idea of where everything will be, all the unassigned space is available for the builds people were bringing but didn’t specify a specific amount of space for.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jonathan Wagner
    Participant

My AT-ATs now have antlers! They are ready to bring Christmas Cheer and goodies to the citizens and not scare them in any way at all.

Josh
    Keymaster

Notes on the bridge:
    I take no ownership over it. I consider it a lug asset to be improved on as desired. If you want to figure out how to power it, go for it.
    I didn’t get to playing with it more, but know that it will need improvement on the hinge side to guide alignment vertically and horizontally. It’s structurally sound, but make sure it lines up with the track is what led us to just putting plates around it at the home and garden show.

@amplef0rth
    – the powered road arms section is there, but was busted in transportation. You’re welcome to try to fix it.

I’m sending up some 16×16 baseplates with my name on painters tape on the bottom. Feel free to MILS them with track or road as needed. I’ll likely just end up donating them to the lug if you do.

I’m sending up the bin of parts the lug bought to MILS. we did what we could for 32×32, but you might be able to hobble a few other things together.

Remember the loose brick is there. I was able to find a lot of the 1x plate to finish a lot of the ballast MILS that we didn’t finish.

There’s a bunch of RC track at my house, if needed. I’m sending the switches and the crosses. Feel free to MILS them, even if we don’t use them in the display.

Any work we accomplish on furthering infrastructure for trolley will flow right into locomotion at science center and then home and garden.

Josh
    Keymaster

@argonvesher – I am anticipating you taking down a lot of white bricks and tiles and MILS to trolley. I don’t remember all that you have, but I think it’s all the LUG has.

Laura
    Participant

@argonvesher do you have the big bin of LUG white brick? We have a lot of green space on the layout that needs covered and Josh thought you still had it. Thanks!

Jonathan Wagner
    Participant

The LUG pieces are all in that blue ikea bag I brought and on the 4 plates I’m going to disassemble on Saturday. I used some of the 2×4 white blocks for my display at BrickFest so if you want to take off those that look newer from the 4 plates, all good.

Pamela S
    Participant

@laura Hi, sorry for not being able to make it Saturday for set up, but I do plan to be there tonight. I am working until 5pm today, but may be able to finish early (not sure yet). On the spreadsheet it only has you and I listed, so I wanted to let you know I’m definitely coming tonight to set up, I probably won’t get there until 6/6:30ish depending on if I can get done with work early or not and traffic. I live pretty far away as well, hence why I put 6/6:30 as an arrival time. Google maps has it taking an 55m to an hour and 10m to get there if I take the back roads and it Google maps just laughs if I take the more direct way going through two tunnels during rush hour traffic 😂. If there are any other instructions for me tonight, please let me know either through here (I’ll do my best to check back) or better yet, if you text me at 412.983.4708 I’ll definitely get the message and respond.

Thanks @laura and I look forward to seeing you tonight!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar