2023 Winter Display Patrolley

Home Forums LUG discussions 2023 Winter Display Patrolley

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    Pamela S
    Participant

@laura I have a scheduling conflict for Dec. 2nd and of course Dec. 9th (Q4 meeting). I signed up for both of those Saturday’s from 1:30p – 5pm.
    For now, I just took myself off the schedule for those 2 days, but nobody else is signed up during the meeting (even in the morning)?
    If nobody else can staff on the 9th what do we do during the meeting? If absolutely nobody else can staff, than I’d rather staff the afternoon to ensure the displays are ok? I probably wouldn’t be able to make the morning shift though, which is why I didn’t sign up for those…
    Let me know –
    Thanks in advance,
    Pamela

Pamela S
    Participant

@laura Never mind about not being able to staff on Dec. 2nd. I should be able to staff the 1:30p to 5:30p as planned before.

Tim

Are there any pictures from the first weekend?

John S
    Participant

I can take some today.

Jonathan Wagner
    Participant

I took pics and video yesterday but it won’t let me post the links in here.

The pics and links are on Discord in Links and Pics Spam

John S
    Participant
    Tim

Pictures look great. Thank you, Jon and John!

Josh
    Keymaster

Definitely a landmark display at the trolley museum. Way to pull off the 360 view with POWERED track over the bridge, @laura!

Bob Grier
    Participant

Pics have been added to the Gallery. To view them, click on the “Gallery” tab at the top right corner of any page, and then open the album “2023-11 Winter Trolley”.

Thanks @amplef0rth and @argonvesher!!

Josh
    Keymaster

Heads up, I’m not allowed to lift anything over 20 lbs…

We know we need to bring things for the CSC locomotion weekend to my house/away from the museum. If we have to bring stuff to my house, may as well bring it all and skip trying to store it at the trolley museum, this time, at least.

at which point, we’ll need help loading at trolley and unloading at my house. Can I have a few people confirm their availability to unload tables and such at my house sunday after trolley so that I can plan my day accordingly? If no one can, we have to come up with a plan B.

Tim

Since I will be at the Museum for tear down, I can absolutely help load the tables.

I should be able to follow to Josh’s house and help unload there so long as that is not too terribly late in the evening (since I still have an hour drive home after).

John S
    Participant

I can be available to unload at Josh’s.

Jonathan Wagner
    Participant

Kristin and I can help unload at Josh’s as well.

We will all help to make it go quickly @timf cuz we have an hour trip back home also.

Tim

We will all help to make it go quickly

Teamwork makes the dream work. 😀

611gschubert
    Participant

Would we (@rcgrier3406) want to make something like this for winter trolley next year?

Would the display space available be able to accommodate something like this, @laura?

Skipper Mike
    Participant

I had an idea to make a ski lift a few years back, but never got around to doing it. I’d be down to help execute it.

Josh
    Keymaster

Took 90 minutes to tear down after we started at 5:30. 30 minute drive home and we were unpacked right around 8pm. Wonderful display, wonderful new space, and I’m so grate for everyone pitching in.

Merry Christmas to all and see you in the new year.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tim

@laura thank you again for organizing this event. It has become one of our banner events each year! You looked (and I am sure you were) exhausted Sunday evening so get some rest this week and have a Merry Christmas.

Laura
    Participant

Thank you to everyone for your participation, over the 4 weekends of the display nearly 9800 people got to enjoy it! Here are the final participation numbers for this event! Please let me know if this is incorrect.

Pete Display + 14 shifts = 8 cups
    Laura Display + 10 shifts = 6 cups
    John S. Display + 10 shifts = 6 cups
    Jonathan Display + 4 shifts = 3 cups
    Kerri Display + 4 shifts = 3 cups
    Kristin 4 shifts = 2 cups
    Josh Display + 2 shifts = 2 cups
    Tim Display + 2 shifts = 2 cups
    Pam Display + 2 shifts = 2 cups
    Beau 3 shifts = 1.5 cups
    Adam K. 3 shifts = 1.5 cups
    Sarah K. 1 shift = .5 cup
    Mike(not sure which Mike this is?) 1 shift = .5 cups

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Laura.
    Skipper Mike
    Participant

Mike(not sure which Mike this is?)

It’s this Mike

John S
    Participant

This was a really great show. My first time at the trolley museum. Thank you again Laura!

Pete
    Participant

This was so much fun we should do it again next Christmas.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Pete.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Mike(not sure which Mike this is?)

It’s this Mike

I know we’ve done #TooManyDans; have we done #TooManyMikes yet…?

Skipper Mike
    Participant

have we done #TooManyMikes yet…?

When I first started, I could just be Mike. Then I could be Mike B. Now I have to put Skipper Mike. I don’t know what I put after that.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Skipper Mike.
    Krista K

Cup credits have been updated. Please check yours to make sure that everything looks okay.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar