LEGO deals

Home Forums LUG discussions BUY / SELL / TRADE! LEGO deals

Viewing 25 posts - 526 through 550 (of 612 total)
  • Author
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Greg has opinions and strategies and counterpoints to his own comments!

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Quite insightful opinions, of course. I’ve seen different things with reselling sets lately… Shelob Attacks retailed at $20 and is selling around $55, while other Hobbit/LOTR sets are all over the place – some above, some below MSRP. Tower of Orthanc ($200 MSRP) is going around $240. So I agree with Greg’s comments about buying the largest set as a guideline, but not a guarantee of huge future profits.

Especially when one considers:
    > the time value of money – even if I make $30 on a Shelob Attacks after eBay fees and whatnot, my initial $20 could’ve been invested in something (like such as Bitcoin) in 2012, and I’d possibly have made much more than $30 by now.
    > velocity of money / inventory turns – if I’d invested the $20, then cashed out (or skimmed my interest dividends) and reinvested numerous times in the intervening years, I’d possibly have made much more than $30 by now.
    > storage space / potential damage – my basement’s been full of sets for years. Am I insured in case of a flood or something? Am I sacrificing using that space for something else? What if a box gets a scratch or dent and loses it’s “mint” condition, thus rendering it less valuable?

…and so on…

(still exponentially easier to buy and sell sets than to manage a parts store!!!)

David H Donley
    Participant

I went yesterday to see if they still had any, and they did not. The Walmart in Washington sucks when it comes to Lego. They are slowly introducing new sets, but in a very haphazard way. While walking around I contemplated trying to get a job there, just to fix whatever they are doing.

Josh
    Keymaster

…While walking around I contemplated trying to get a job there, just to fix whatever they are doing.

I hate that feeling. I think we’ve talked about that before. I just want to help…

Will McDine
    Participant

Alexis and I just got back from a NewYears trip to see her family in West Virginia. At 2 different Walmart’s I was able to score 2 Star Wars Advent calendars, a city advent calendar, and 2 Toy Story 4 sets for 50% off. And before we left I scored the largest Toy Story 4 set from the West Mifflin Walmart for 50% off as well.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Grabbed a 60209 “Diamond Heist” for $13 at Walmart. Not a bad looking set and has the light and sound brick. I’m sure my son will enjoy it.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

I have seen MANY stores reducing CMF prices. Between $2-$3.44. Some stores I have seen have a ton of LM2 and Series 19 figures. I have even seen the new DC ones at $3.44 @ Walmart. So if you have some time to go stand in a store and feel packages you may find some deals on the newest figs and some older figs you might need in bulk (@greg…yes, there are still many, many, foxes out there!)

Happy Hunting!

Micah Beideman
    Participant

Just don’t bother going to the Cranberry Walmart. I bought all their clearance CMFs on Friday 😛

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I’m still looking to get a dog sitter and two flamingo ladies, for anybody who wants to sell them to me. I think Jim’s still holding a dog sitter for me. @tcsbgdady

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I bought all their clearance CMFs on Friday

How much were they? I think they are $3.44 at my local Wal*Mart right now.

Micah Beideman
    Participant

They were $2

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

I’m still looking to get a dog sitter and two flamingo ladies, for anybody who wants to sell them to me. I think Jim’s still holding a dog sitter for me. @tcsbgdady

I will check. I am sure I still have them, but cannot meet/beat that $2 price tag. 😉

There are a couple spots I could have bought unopened cases of LM2 and S19 for $2 each ($120/case), They’re out there….I believe! Most are in the $3.44 range right now though.

Travis
    Participant

@hacim did you find the clearance CMFs in a particular section? With big stores like Target and Walmart, I can never tell if the LEGO will be on clearance in a “clearance” aisle or in the toy aisle itself….

Micah Beideman
    Participant

I always find them in the toy section of the store. Either with the other Lego or in a clearance aisle specific to toys, which is usually at the far end of the toys section.

Travis
    Participant

Okay thanks, I was always wondering about that. Scouring around on the Brickpicker forums, it always seems people know how to get their hands on 30%+ off on LEGO at these stores, but I’ve always either been in the wrong place at the wrong time or seemingly just not looking hard enough.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by Travis.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Doesn’t hurt to:

– ask an employee. Although they often don’t know, sometimes they do… last year at Michael’s Crafts, there were Toy Story 4 sets on deep discount, and they had one section of LEGO on a wall that I found easily, but there was only one copy of one of the sets. I asked, and someone was like “I think there’s a standalone display in the back”… sure enough, found several more sets back there.

– take a quick walk around. In the past, particularly at Wal-Mart, I’ve found a rack of clearance LEGO and toys clear on the opposite side of the store from the main toy section. And Target typically has LEGO on at least one end cap in the toy aisles, as well as a dedicated LEGO aisle…

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Doesn’t hurt to:

– ask an employee. Although they often don’t know, sometimes they do… last year at Michael’s Crafts, there were Toy Story 4 sets on deep discount, and they had one section of LEGO on a wall that I found easily, but there was only one copy of one of the sets. I asked, and someone was like “I think there’s a standalone display in the back”… sure enough, found several more sets back there…

True enough! I got several clearance XWing for $17 and done cheap Porg too by asking the toy manager at Walmart.

Speaking of Walmart, still knocking down LM2 prices but now also City and Star Wars! You can get the Buikdsbke Yoda for $75! Good deal for 1700+ tan and sand green pieces! $17 AWing. $10 City Harvester and the cheapest I’ve seen yet in the Sparkle Spa ($30) and Ninjago Mech ($35).

Happy Hunting!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/143468655@N07/shares/3G1q9Y

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Not much of a deal but Walmart has the white baseplates for $7.86 instead of $7.99. That $.13 can be used toward LUG Bulk! ?

Greg Schubert
    Participant

When I started this thread, I intended it to be for good deals. Regardless, someone has the Black Pearl in Peters Township on craigslist for $200, @lunch36.

However you could get one shipped from Baton Rouge for $175.
    eBay item number:293487874330

The least expensive option would be to get a fake one from China for $60 including shipping!
    eBay item number:392632699209

An authentic Davey Jones minifigure costs as much as the entire fake set. 🙂

David H Donley
    Participant

Thanks @greg. I don’t see the Craigslist one anymore. The worst part is I have 2 sets of every minifig, and 2 half sets of the Black Pearl. I may just try to part it out when I have some free time and see what the missing parts will cost me.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Most Lego is 20% off at Target plus your 5% if you use the Red Card.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Most Lego is 20% off at Target plus your 5% if you use the Red Card.

In the store or online?

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Yes, online and in store.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Almost 50% off this lM2 set. Some nice parts in here:

LEGO THE LEGO MOVIE 2 Wyld-Mayhem Star Fighter 70849 Building Kit (404 Pieces) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NRTDXJP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_PvlFEb4GF532J

Greg Schubert
    Participant

LEGO THE LEGO MOVIE 2 Wyld-Mayhem Star Fighter 70849 Building Kit (404 Pieces)

Good find! Are those big white curved pieces printed or are those stickers? (Probably too big for stickers.)

Viewing 25 posts - 526 through 550 (of 612 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar