Q4 2023 business meeting – Dec 9 – Penn Hills library

Home Forums LUG discussions Q4 2023 business meeting – Dec 9 – Penn Hills library

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Marcella Spear
    Participant

The Penn hills library is available at no cost to us on December 9th. We can have from 12-3.

The room holds 20-25 and comes with tables and chairs. It doesn’t have AV but I have a projector.

We are allowed to have food.

Would that date work? They didn’t have any other December dates available.

They would need to know right away. @joshhall and everyone, would that date work for Q4?

• This topic was modified 8 months, 4 weeks ago by Marcella Spear.
    • This topic was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by Josh.
    Dan
    Participant

That date works for me!

Tim Brown
    Participant

I don’t know whether I would be able to physically attend yet, but I’d be happy to remote in on that day if necessary if it means folks out east get a meeting in their neck of the woods and for free to boot.

Krista K

That’s good for me! Since they need to know right away, could we possibly reserve it to hold the date and worst case, if it doesn’t work we could cancel?

Marcella Spear
    Participant

You know – i was thinking of holding the room either way and if it doesn’t work for a Q4 meeting – than maybe we can do the board game day there that day. I will grab the room for the LUG and we will use it for whatever we can use it for.

Q4
    Board Game
    Swap Meet

I’ll just grab the room lol.

Krista K

@watchwmarcella Good thinking! 😊

Will McDine
    Participant

On the 9th I will be on the Disney Wish Docked at Nassau, So that date doesn’t work with me. If that is the desired date then I will look forward to the meeting notes!

Josh
    Keymaster

works for me.

Tim

Great idea, Marcella. The 9th should work for me.

Kerri Acierno
    Participant

Good idea. 9th works for me.

Renée
    Participant

I’m available on the 9th!

Josh
    Keymaster

updated the subject with location and date

Marcella Spear
    Participant

Thanks Josh and thanks everyone for making the trek to East.

Will McDine
    Participant

Glad the date was nailed down! If I can log in on the ship and join virtually I will. If not I will read the notes, and if available before we leave I will make comments off the agenda.

Logan C
    Participant

I should be able to go to this one!

Do we have a build challenge yet?

Jonathan Wagner
    Participant

Nope we don’t…so what will Q4 challenge be?

I think we should go in some weird, random direction.

Marcella Spear
    Participant

Rob mentioned doing a Pun based build challenge at Q3.

Dan
    Participant

Oh a pun-based challenge will be wildly creative! For those who, like me, lack puniness I just Googled for a pun list and found a site that looks promising.

Jade
    Participant

I’ll be out of town for a state education meeting but look forward to catching up on the minutes later on. Have fun everyone!

PLAYINGWITHECHOES
    Participant

Will there be a live stream?
    I may or may not be able to make it. >.<

Krista K

Will there be a live stream?
    I may or may not be able to make it. >.<

We are planning to stream on discord.

Krista K

Time to bump this.

Since it will be around the holidays, let’s add some festivities. If anyone wants to do the Nifty Fifty pass the gift this year, all you have to do is bring 50 parts of your choosing, wrapped and ready to play.

Also, if you’re feeling festive that day, wear your ugliest holiday sweater. There may just be a special prize for the best one! 😉

ak41984
    Participant

Did we settled on a build challenge? Something along the same lines as different. Use studs to tell a
    Story. Like can be as big as you want but a single stud /plate / 1by 1 brick is all you get For the key parts of the story telling/ represent what ur building. Like a green 1by 1 brick is a tree can have 100 of them to create a forest.

Krista K

Did we settled on a build challenge?

Yes, Q4 2023 Build Challenge – Puns Brought to Life

Marquar
    Participant

If anyone wants to do the Nifty Fifty pass the gift this year, all you have to do is bring 50 parts of your choosing, wrapped and ready to play.

Google searches show Nifty Fifty to be a card game where you should add up the cards to be as close to 50 as possible (totally not Caravan). So I’m not sure how this works with LEGO. Is it stud count? Should it be 50 of the same part or 50 different parts?

Or is this a white-elephant/steal the gift game?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar