Q4 2023 business meeting – Dec 9 – Penn Hills library

Home Forums LUG discussions Q4 2023 business meeting – Dec 9 – Penn Hills library

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Tim Brown
    Participant

As with most things, we are pretty light on the rules. Our nifty fifty is basically you package up 50+ individual pieces. You be the judge on what constitutes 50 pieces, though do keep in mind the good natured spirit of the activity when making that judgement. That’s pretty much it. At the meeting we’ll play a game/do an activity to determine who gets what gift. It’s a nice way to have fun while maybe offloading parts that you can’t use to someone else who can.

PLAYINGWITHECHOES
    Participant

Don’t know if I can attend but will at least try on Twitch. It’s not easy speaking up on Twitch so as a heads up if CSC Locomotion is on the agenda and John or Bob or Kirsta want to pass this on, I will certainly have a bunch of highly detailed trains improved and ready to go the full distance without slippage, etc. Even reshod all the wheels with Lego x37 bands. Currently working on updated livery so the rolling stock will have all those professional looking labels and graphics. Will get my own recharge batteries. I plan on being for both Sat and Sun full staffing hours so I can keep the outer loops running. Will make sure the stickered Steel City Lug box car is on the main train so it shows the LUG logo in visitors’ photos.

Still waiting on the BTA winner’s brick for Americas Best Consist which I will share with the LUG at the display.

Krista K

Random request. If anyone has any PAB cups that they’re willing to part with, could you please bring them with you to the meeting (or drop them off next time you’re up at the store). I’m “assisting” with the LEGO Club at Ross Elementary and coordinating with Keith, who is also leading a LEGO Club at Penn Trafford. He’d like to have a large cup for each of his kiddos to use and if there are extra, I’d like to do the same. However many we can collect would be appreciated.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> If anyone has any PAB cups that they’re willing to part with, could you please bring them with you to the meeting

I’ll have to go through mine and see how many I have these days, and how many I think I can part with – even though the boxes are supposedly coming, I don’t want to part with them all just yet. But I’m pretty sure I have more than 40, and the most I’ve ever filled at a single trip to the store is 14. So for now, I’m going to say that I can donate at least 20. I’ll be at Q4, and I’ll try to wash them before the meeting, they get dirty in the bottom after a while, despite my efforts to protect them in storage.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Update: I counted them up, I have 38. (That’s less than expected. It’s possible that there’s some around the house didn’t get put away properly, although I looked around and I’m thinking it’s unlikely. It’s also possible I left some at Rachel’s house, or gave some away.)

So I’m still willing to donate 20. I don’t know how many you need, but I’d be surprised if you don’t find more than enough donors. I don’t know if you need the lids, but I have them too.

Tim

I have many more then I can ever use so I will plan to bring those to Q4 as well.

Krista K

@bengood921 and @timf Thank you both so much! 😊

Marcella Spear
    Participant

Meeting will be in A/B room and the case is on the ground floor that we are installing in.

We have the from 12-5.

Krista K

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday! Just a few quick reminders:

Come early with your build for the Penn Hills Library Display

Don’t forget to:

• Bring your Build Challenge
    • Wear your Ugliest Holiday Sweater
    • Bring your Nifty 50
    • Bring snacks. We are allowed food in the room. You’re welcome to bring just for yourself or to share
    • Check out the meeting agenda and add anything to it that I’m missing
    Tom Frost
    Participant

Do we have a start time for the meeting? I know we have the room from noon to five…but what time are we planning to actually start the business meeting?

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Tom Frost.
    Tim Brown
    Participant

Please be advised that if this library works like every other library I’ve worked and volunteered at, that 5pm end time is a very firm end time. i.e. we’ll need to be packed up and gone by then. Possible that’s not the case, but thought I’d throw that out there since the end time is the same as their closing time.

Krista K

I’d like to start close to noon, but realistically like 5-10 minutes for folks working their way up from the display.

Tom Frost
    Participant

@knb112 I’m not going to be able to make it early (in fact, making it on-time is going to be questionable), but I have a couple small things for the display. Would you be able to put them in the display if I dropped them off at your house one evening this week?

Josh
    Keymaster

in case anyone missed it, I had my appendix removed thursday and I’m not going to be there, physically…and mentally is questionable more than ever. Krista’s got the reins. I may try to join remotely, but consider me essentially a scratch for this saturday.

Krista, Pete, and Phil have offered to take anything from here (like redeemed sets) to anyone going. I’d say you have 24-48 hours to put in your request to redeem sets in the inventory management system to make sure they’re able to get them in time.

To be clear, no more verbal/manual redemption of loose pab cups or sets. The excel sheet is no longer valid. Phil put in a lot of work to make sure the inv.mgmt system was accurate. It’ll take some time to adjust to change, and I tried to allow for that in the testing phase over the past month. Be patient and communicate any issues/concerns/questions.

Krista K

@tfdesigns Sure thing! You know where to find me. 🙂

Krista K

Come early with your build for the Penn Hills Library Display

Don’t forget to:

Bring your Build Challenge
    Wear your Ugliest Holiday Sweater
    Bring your Nifty 50
    Bring snacks. We are allowed food in the room. You’re welcome to bring just for yourself or to share
    Check out the meeting agenda and add anything to it that I’m missing

AND any cups that you’d like to donate to the area LEGO Clubs.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I’m trying to complete a MOC by Dec 17th for a contest. Does anyone have a printed tile, brick or flag with the word coffee on it that they are willing to sell or trade at the next meeting? These are most likely to come from the Central Perk or the Donut Shop sets.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tom Frost
    Participant

@greg I have a coffee apron guy you can have and found this stickered part if it would help.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

thanks @tfdesigns!

Josh
    Keymaster

I’m sending this Pennsylvania chemical jacket that was left here a while back. Still no one claiming it?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

@joshhall, can you please include my white wheel hubs from the last LUG meeting? Thanks!

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Greg Schubert.
    Josh
    Keymaster

@pete or @pnbrenem can one of you stop by my house to get the hubs for Greg?

Pete
    Participant

I will be happy to stop by your house on my way to the meeting.

Phil Breneman
    Participant

If Pete is taking everything that is needed, I will probably take the easy route and join from home.

Pete
    Participant

You probably have better snacks there. Lol

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar