The Adventures of…

Home Forums LUG discussions The Adventures of…

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Imposter!!!!

IMG_8913

Will McDine
    Participant

Imposter!!!!

IMG_8913

Yeah I saw him in Philly and thought the same thing…. #ThereCanOnlyBeOne

But on a different note, I would assume That Doug is coming to Philly with us again this year, if thats the case, I will take him at the next Quarterly meeting!

Josh
    Keymaster

Thanks for jumping in to volunteer, Will. He goes with you saturday! Remember to take pictures and send them to me and I’ll put them on instagram. If you want that access, let me know and I’ll give you the details.

Josh
    Keymaster

where’s lugdoug? We never got a pic of him with project panther…

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

LUGDoug should also probably make an appearance at the Lego store opening.

Josh
    Keymaster

As @arcadiumsol said, he was buried alive in a casket of ABS. He also had the stickers for the magnets that @knb112 had asked me for.

Krista K

Ha ha! I had a feeling they’d turn up. I’m happy to grab some at the next meeting or next time you’re up at the Lego store. I’m only about 10 min away.

Krista K

LUGDoug is representing here at Philly BrickFest!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Josh
    Keymaster

forget where I posted this before, but lug doug is missing his right hand since the winter trolley show. I think I’ve unpacked every lug thing from the show and it hasn’t turned up. It’ll cost ~$30 to get a new matching one made and shipped (we have to send the hand and arms to him and he’ll ship them back). Unless someone finds the hand at their house or at Q1 next weekend, I’m inclined to go for it. let me know if anyone else has any ideas.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

So, it was last seen at the trolley museum? If someone found it there, do you suppose anyone would know what it was?

Pete
    Participant

What is LUG Doug?

Josh
    Keymaster

What is LUG Doug?

how was the grateful dead concert last night, man?

Josh
    Keymaster

Back in action.

@hacim
    or @bengood921 how can we get him to you before next week?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Josh.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Micah Beideman
    Participant

Get him to Ben, not me.
    I won’t have room in my backpack to take him.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Sorry, I’m leaving first thing tomorrow.

Josh
    Keymaster

where can I mail him. I’m serious.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I’m staying at the Hotel Eastland near the convention center. The plan is to arrive next Wednesday evening, I’d try to time it so he doesn’t show up before I get there. Once I have him, I can bring him home.

Hotel Eastlund
    1021 NE Grand Ave
    Portland, OR 97232
    T:503.235.2100
    contact@hoteleastlund.com
    503-235-2100
    contact@hoteleastlund.com
    http://www.hoteleastlund.com

Josh
    Keymaster

oh wow, so dude was in the mail for covid! I forgot about that!

since then…he’s been to legoland florida with Will and just got back from legoland NY with me.

He’ll be going with @amplef0rth John Singer and family to Vermont this weekend.

Scrolling through the #adventuresoflugdoug tag on instagram, i was reminded that we did have lugdoug just go and hang out with people too. If anyone wants to take next turn, let’s keep the requests here. I think @jcc117 wanted a round to Arizona, right?

John S
    Participant

Doug is back from Vermont! I think he had a great time.
    https://flic.kr/s/aHsmWHMZJj

He got to take the ferry across Lake Champlain from Essex NY to Charlotte Vt.

Started his mornings off with his Green Mountain Coffee, fresh from down the road in Waterbury.

Took several rides through Smuggler’s Notch (hard to get pictures while driving around the boulders and avoiding other cars!)

Went to British Invasion, which is the largest British car show on the east coast. It was the 30th anniversary of the show and we found a slightly larger version of our Speed Champion’s Mini Cooper rally car. Needless to say, Doug, my daughter and I were very excited.
    We also made sure to take him to Ben and Jerry’s headquarters to get some ice cream. Inside/tour is closed for remodeling, so we had to make due with just getting some ice cream.

Finally, made it to the Vermont Teddy Bear factory to see how his long long long distance cousins are ‘born’.

All in all, I think he had a great time!

@knb112

John S
    Participant

Doug is back from Vermont!
    https://flic.kr/s/aHsmWHMZJj

He got to take the ferry across Lake Champlain from Essex NY to Charlotte Vt.

Started his mornings off with his Green Mountain Coffee, fresh from down the road in Waterbury.

Took several rides through Smuggler’s Notch (hard to get pictures while driving around the boulders and avoiding other cars!)

Went to British Invasion, which is the largest British car show on the east coast. It was the 30th anniversary of the show and we found a slightly larger version of our Speed Champion’s Mini Cooper rally car. Needless to say, Doug, my daughter and I were very excited.

We also made sure to take him to Ben and Jerry’s headquarters to get some ice cream. Inside/tour is closed for remodeling, so we had to make due with just getting some ice cream.

Finally, made it to the Vermont Teddy Bear factory to see how his long long long distance cousins are ‘born’.

All in all, I think he had a great time!

@knb112

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Ha, the pic of Doug looking through the hole cut in the Ben & Jerry’s sign made me bust out laughing, well played.

Krista K

@amplef0rth Those are awesome shots! Thanks for tagging me. 🙂

Tim

Awesome pics, and it looks like you had fantastic weather to boot. I think my favorite pic is LUGDoug in front of the car with a miniature car on his lap.

Josh
    Keymaster

@jcc117 still thinking to take lugdoug with you? He’s back at my house now.

Jordan
    Participant

Should be able to, as long as he fits in my carry-on

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 122 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar