The Adventures of…

Home Forums LUG discussions The Adventures of…

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    Will McDine
    Participant

Should be able to, as long as he fits in my carry-on

He comes apart for ease of travel, AND is actually quite easy to get through TSA.

Jordan
    Participant

Flight leaves Tuesday morning. Would I be able to pick him up sometime Sunday or Monday afternoon?

Josh
    Keymaster

that’ll be fine! just let me know when you want to come get him. 412 519 4762

Renée
    Participant

LUGDoug is all ready to go to the Spring Spectacular tomorrow…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tim

Nice rabbit ears and carrot. Be careful, that chicken looks hungry.

Renée
    Participant

Thanks, @timf! And I’ll be sure to give the chicken extra feed tonight so she won’t go after her box mates, LOL!

Josh
    Keymaster

Looky what I found at the bottom of the clamp bin!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

There’s no photo, but here’s my guess …

forget where I posted this before, but lug doug is missing his right hand since the winter trolley show.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Josh
    Keymaster

Weird there was no pic…

Attachments:
    Dan
    Participant

My first thought was “what are clamp pieces?!” – then I remember we assemble more than just bricks

Will McDine
    Participant

Interesting that we used the clamps a lot this year and didn’t realize it there.

Josh
    Keymaster

Weird there was no pic…

Fixed it.

Attachments:
    Will McDine
    Participant

For what its worth we are doing another Family trip to Disney World in January. If he is not needed from the 18th-24th of January I can take him if so desired. Worth noting though it will be tight for me to get him to whomever for the multiple different LEGO Day festivities.

Josh
    Keymaster

I say take him!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I say take him!

Also, borrow a baby carrier from someone – one that keeps the baby in front of you, so you don’t have to carry LUG Doug all day around the theme parks.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Also, borrow a baby carrier from someone – one that keeps the baby in front of you, so you don’t have to carry LUG Doug all day around the theme parks.

Whatchoo talkin’ ’bout, Greg? LUGDoug perambulated around LEGOLAND Billund just fine, back in 2017…

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> Looky what I found at the bottom of the clamp bin!

Man, when I had him in Oregon, I had a dedicated Sterilite container just for him and he was wrapped in a luxurious cocoon of protective Giant Eagle bags and hand towels. No wonder he’s looking so beat up these days. Although maybe a dinged-up LUGDoug is a good thing: when I was a freshman in college, I took electric bass lessons from another student, and I got new gig bag for my instrument, and it was pristine and new, especially compared to my teacher’s, which was very beat up. He told me “A bassist with a gig bag with no dings on it is a bassist who never gets hired for gigs.” So maybe a LUGDoug with no dings is a LUGDoug who never goes anywhere cool and fun. (Or maybe it’s just a LUGDoug in a LUG of poor packers :P)

Anyway, the real purpose of this post is to check the current LUGDoug schedule. It occurred to me that, even though space might be tight in my car, I should be able to take him to Brick Convention in Orlando in mid-March, which would be his first Brick Convention, even though it appears it may not be his first trip to the greater Orlando area. And, it’d be a BOGO deal, because then he’d also go to FXBG23 the weekend after, which would be his first trip to Fredericksburg, even though it would not be his first BrickFair.

I don’t know if you guys plan to have him at the Home & Garden Show. That one ends on a Sunday, and I’m leaving first thing on the following Tuesday, so it would be a small window to get him to me, but I’m sure we could figure something out. (I considered participating in the H&G Show, but I decided it’s be better to sit that one out, given my impending trip. I will probably need that week to finalize my build anyway.)

Krista K

@bengood921 LUGDoug is at my house if you’d like to take him with you in March.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> LUGDoug is at my house if you’d like to take him with you in March.

Cool, I talked to Josh about it yesterday though, and he does plan to have LUGDoug at the Home & Garden Show, so there’s no need to give him to me yet.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

If we couldn’t before, we can now add Orlando FL and Fredericksburg VA to the list of places that LUGDoug has been to. He’s enjoyed his visits and has been very popular with the public, sometimes more than my builds. Thanks again to Renee for getting him to me in time for me to take him with me. @legoleia51

Attachments:
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

LUGDoug is over 21, btw. I did get carded when I bought the Guinness. (For those of you who don’t know, I am 51. I told the cashier that I could totally be 19.)

Attachments:
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

So it occurred to me today, as I was driving back to my house from Fredericksburg, that I need to hand of LUGDoug to somebody else. Unless I go to Davenport or Toledo, both of which are at least six months away, I don’t have any plans to go anywhere in 2023 that LUGDoug hasn’t been to already.

I am leaving town again Thursday evening, and will not be available again until next Monday. If somebody wants to pick him up at my house sometime over the next 2.5 days, they can. If the LUG can wait until next week, I will have more time and can meet people out somewhere, or even deliver him to somebody’s house, if it’s on the north side of Pittsburgh. Anybody I’ve delivered LUGBulk to in the past is somebody I could deliver LUGDoug to next week.

Renée
    Participant

I can take LUGDoug, since I plan on going to the next event on the LUGs calendar, K&J Comics on May 7th.

Seems to me, considering his body weight, that’s a lethal amount of alcohol- hope you poured him a shot! LOL

Greg Schubert
    Participant

At the train show I was thinking about how I would like to take LUG Doug to LEGOLAND in Carlsbad, but space is at a premium on flights.

Fortunately I was able to find the parts to make an all tan minifig, JarJar lent a hand (both actually) to this effort. I got a photos of Doug at the train show and I want to create a tiny sticker for mini Doug.

Any suggestions on sticker material I should get for this project?

Attachments:
Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 122 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar