Threadjacking

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Threadjacking

Viewing 25 posts - 1,301 through 1,325 (of 1,453 total)
  • Author
    Tim

@greg https://www.steelcitylug.com/forum/topic/donated-collection/

In case that thread falls out of the “Recent” list.

Josh
    Keymaster

how did he do this road? https://www.facebook.com/tipsandbricks/photos/a.445091942525911/592208201147617/

somewhere in the comments he says “strips of tiles and plates” but I still don’t see that. He says it’s in blocks magazine…anyone get that? @whitesidewjw ?

Bob Grier
    Participant

I typed in “Blocks Magazine Issue 33” into a Bing search and was able to get a link to a .pdf archived copy. Description for “building the road” starts on page 96. Essentially, he’s using multiple strips of staggered 2×2 plates and 2×2 tiles, and then bending those slowly to flex those strips into the curved shape.

https://archive.org/details/blocksmagazine33july2017

John S
    Participant

So funny that this was on Reddit yesterday. Believe that’s this turn.

Tiny electric car doing the Monaco Grand Prix hairpin
    by u/uchman365 in Whatcouldgowrong

Tim

The article right before that one (starting on page 82) shows several nice techniques for making bushes (by interlocking the leaf pieces) and flower clusters (by leaving the flowers on the sprue).

PLAYINGWITHECHOES
    Participant

Correct. That’s the Carousel turn at Monaco and there’s a reason why F1 drivers take that downhill turn in first gear.. something that EV driver now knows.. all too well. LOL

Tim

Monaco (the city) is definitely on my bucket list. And during the Grand Prix would be the chef’s kiss.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Monaco (the city)

It’s worth a day trip, but would probably be wicked expensive to stay there.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    KevBrix96
    Participant

I am looking for people to join me at Ross Park Mall Lego store tomorrow April 1st, I am going to buy all of therm and film it for my channel. Anybody interested?

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I am going to buy all of therm

I spoke to the manager, therm is sold out, but good luck with your video.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Chocolate World in Hershey has its own interlocking brick system products and its own pick-a-sugar wall.

Attachments:
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Eating lots of Reese’s is a great way to get a dump truck, I hear…

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Coop and I have been given the green light to display at this one.

I thought of you when I saw someone wearing this shirt recently …

Attachments:
    Tim

Chocolate World in Hershey has its own interlocking brick system products

A friend bought me the Reese’s dump truck as a gift. It has a few nice printed bricks with the Reese logo. Definitely a knock off brand. I have it on a shelf in my office (will not mingle it with the real bricks).

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I noticed today in the build-a-minifig display that there was a piece that I had assumed did not exist. It is not yet catalogued on bricklink. It is the santa hat in ALL white:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=10164pb01&idColor=1#T=C&C=1

To be clear, there is no red on this hat. So if anyone selects this part as the 15th item for their BaM build, please keep me in mind. Thanks!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Hey @willmcdine, a real fire hydrant for sale and it probably costs less than one made out of LEGO. 🙂 It could be made into a lawn decoration or a mailbox.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/600628428610099/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A66f54f15-f6e1-4d39-815b-c2e5f7d71812

Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

So WHY would someone have the parts of a LEGO set new in sealed bags, but not have the box or the instructions? Hmmm.

Attachments:
    Jim Rolfe
    Participant

I take sets out their box all the time. Save space. I can fit 3-4 sets in a smaller plastic box. If I had planned to keep it for parts only, I would throw away the instructions too. Who knows….

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Maybe it fell off a truck, the box got ripped (enough that they didn’t bother saving it), and the instructions fell out.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Maybe it fell off a truck, the box got ripped (enough that they didn’t bother saving it), and the instructions fell out.

Attachments:
    Tim

Greg, that is the perfect gif. 😀

Josh
    Keymaster

My sister in florida sent me this wtae article https://www.wtae.com/article/fan-creates-mister-rogers-lego-prototype/43979209

I’ve never seen it and I don’t know any Matt smith in the lug…gunna have to internet sleuth him out to see if he’s in pittsburgh…

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I was going through stuff to be reorganized and I found this sign. I don’t specifically remember it, or that I had it, but the only conclusion is that it was taped to a chair in the movie theater when they invited us to watch The Lego Movie a week early. I must’ve decided it would be fun to snag as a souvenir.

Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

I found this sign.

It might have been from the Academy Awards or the Whitehouse Correspondents Dinner.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Spoiler Alert….

Did anyone see the new Spiderman movie?? Guess what one of the Spiderverses is??

Viewing 25 posts - 1,301 through 1,325 (of 1,453 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar