Brick Fest Live Pittsburgh 2021 Sept 11-12

Home Forums LUG discussions Brick Fest Live Pittsburgh 2021 Sept 11-12

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 223 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

First things first: by Will Whiteside you mean Walter 😀

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I *am* bringing the Space Plants build, good guess! The build is two baseplates deep and three baseplates + two studs wide, and it needs a margin on either side for presentation, so it takes up a little less than half of an 8′ banquet table. It’s not designed to have anything in front of it or behind it, I might consider making an exception for train track, but I’m not sure that’s part of the plan here anyway. I also plan to put a MOC card in front of it (I’m going to make and print my own, I’m not gonna antagonize Chad by reusing my BFVA card, and I’m not gonna use my BricksCascade card either.) There should also be room for me to put my brick-built sign with my Flickr id and the Steel City LUG website address.

So the next question would be, does Walter have a specific amount of stuff he’s bringing, or are we just hoping he can fill the available space? (He does generally have a bunch of stuff built at any given time.) I’m noticing that in the given layout, we are using convention hall banquet tables, rather than LUG tables, and that they are all doubled up for extra depth. For my build, that second table is not necessary, and in fact would put an extra 30″ between me and my build, and also between me and the public (at BFVA, they placed the stanchions a little farther away from the tables than usual, cause Covid, I don’t know if that’ll happen at BFL or not). But by removing that table, it would also remove half a table’s worth of space that Walter might’ve had plans for, and would basically leave him with just half a table to put all his stuff.

Whiteside
    Participant

So the next question would be, does Walter have a specific amount of stuff he’s bringing, or are we just hoping he can fill the available space? (He does generally have a bunch of stuff built at any given time.)

I will be using an area the size of a Lug table for an underwater scene with a monorail. Not exactly space, but maybe another planet. I can do a space scene also if we are short on displays but I have some limits on what I can transport.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I know this guy with a huge display of LEGO underwater space plants. He is a Sith named JarJar. He splits his time between Naboo, Chicago and McCandless.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> I will be using an area the size of a Lug table for an underwater scene with a monorail.

Well, that sounds like it’s four baseplates deep, so we’d need the second banquet table. Of course, if somebody wants to pull one elsewhere in the display, and there’s room for me there, I could always move. The only place I don’t want to be is the very corners of the setup, my build isn’t big enough to look good there.

>> I know this guy with a huge display of LEGO underwater space plants. He is a Sith named JarJar. He splits his time between Naboo, Chicago and McCandless.

That guy sounds super duper cool, except for the Jar-Jar part, and the Sith and the Naboo part. Also, if it’s the guy I’m thinking of, the plants are definitely space plants and *not* underwater plants. Sometimes he hears people at events debating which one it is, and the underwater people always lose once they read the MOC card.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

That guy sounds super duper cool

https://fb.watch/7sGgl3GF0o/

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by Greg Schubert.
    Tom Frost
    Participant

– BLUE – Tom Frost – Jurrasic Park, etc.

Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to participate in this as I had originally hoped. I will still send a few small things with @knb112 but will not be needing the space allocated to me in the Bluebrick layout.

Krista K

@tfdesigns Thanks for letting us know. I should be around in the afternoons/evenings that week leading up to the event. We can connect once we get closer, unless you want to bring your stuff to Q3.

Jason Middaugh
    Participant

Definitely getting excited about the event next month. I reached out to the Jimmy Stewart museum, and they were super excited about the It’s a Wonderful LEGO Life project, so my daughter Jane and I will be stopping there (Indiana PA) before setting up for Brick Fest Friday night. They also commissioned me to build them the set (I am donating the labor, but they are buying the bricks), so they will have a copy of our proposal at the museum on permanent display too! I will try and gen up a little media attention and mention the LUG, but not sure if I will have success. I will also bring down my A Christmas Story models for Brick Fest as well as a couple of other builds. See you all in a few weeks!

Tim

@twrt0es sounds great! Looking forward to meeting you and seeing your creations in person.

Logan C
    Participant

I’m interested in participating in this event, but I’m unsure how many days I can commit to being there. My goal is to get there at least for Saturday, and we’ll see what I can manage beyond that. If there’s still table space I’d love to bring some Transformers to display. I don’t have a lot with me right now, so they would probably only take up half a table maximum.

Krista K

@loganc That’d be fantastic! We look forward to having you there. 🙂

Krista K

This is a last call if you’d like to display and/or staff for BrickFest. I’d like to get our final head count number to Joe by Thursday. If you don’t see your name below, please let me know or fill out the doodle (https://doodle.com/poll/4cagtqceuvhvdc6t) before Thursday.

Here’s who I have so far:
    Adam
    Ashley
    Benjamin
    Bob
    Greg
    Jason
    Jordan
    Josh
    Kerri
    Krista
    Logan
    Mike
    Renee
    Rob
    Tim
    Walter
    Will M

I’m also bringing builds from:
    Jim
    Kevin
    Tom

If you’re interested in dropping builds off with me and/or meeting up, during the week is usually pretty good for me. You’re even welcome to leave things on my porch if I’m not home. My cell number is in my profile.

Josh
    Keymaster

I’m trying to try to rebuild my pens jersey and harry/volde mosaic. hoping to at least drop off/pick them up, and I’m sure I’ll stick around for a bit if I do. Amanda has yet to be to a show, so I’m going to try to bring her to one, we’ll see if this is it.

Jordan
    Participant

I should be good to do 9/11 and 9/12. Just wanna double check that I don’t have to have tickets in order to be there.

Dan
    Participant

Unfortunately I have to play entirely by ear at this point. I’d like to attend, but if I can’t I may be able to drop off some builds.

Rob
    Participant

Does anyone know if we get a discount on tickets for the kids

Josh
    Keymaster

trying to get badges for new displayers for next week. Normally, we put in first and last name for badges. But I don’t have everyone’s last names.

@loganc
    – Logan c????

@kacierno
    – Kerri Acierno

@jcc117
    – Jordan ???

anyone else missing? Try to get back to me tonight or tomorrow to make sure we get your badges!

Josh
    Keymaster

i think we can get some free ones…yeah, @knb112? Just put them down as staff/displayers.

Josh
    Keymaster

@mrmain18 – Kevin Main

Jordan
    Participant

Jordan Carr

Logan C
    Participant

@joshhall Logan Capell

Krista K

i think we can get some free ones…yeah, @knb112? Just put them down as staff/displayers.

@legolord82
    How many do you need for the kiddos?

@twrt0es
    Do you need some for your family as well?

Krista K

@joshhall Sure thing! @legolord82 How many do you need for the kiddos? @twrt0es Do you need passes as well for your family? If so, how many?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by Krista K.
    Rob
    Participant

2 kids for the weekend

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 223 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar