Brick Fest Live Pittsburgh 2021 Sept 11-12

Home Forums LUG discussions Brick Fest Live Pittsburgh 2021 Sept 11-12

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 223 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Keymaster

I plan just to make the trek saturday monrning now since I’d just have to drop stuff off friday.

Jason Middaugh
    Participant

Was there a final verdict on whether we can setup until 7pm on Friday? I probably won’t get into town until after 5, so I hope so.

Krista K

Hey all, just got off the phone with CJ. We can set up 10 am to 7 pm, no problem.

Also, we have 3′ pipe and drape around our section. I have duct tape to tape it down because they certainly move throughout the day.

CJ is going to give me passes to distribute. I’ll be there on Saturday by 8 am. If anyone stops you, tell them you’re with the LUG. You’re also welcome to text or call me. 4 1 2 7 1 9 6 4 6 5

FYI, they are doing a soft open at 8:30 am. So if you’re planning on loading Saturday morning come early so you don’t have to fight the line at the front entrance. There’s not a true ticketing area so it could get a little crowded outside. CJ said the bays will be closed and some doors will be locked on Saturday, but she’ll be there around 7:30 am.

Tim

Everyone else was from between 1 – 7 pm on Friday or first thing Saturday morning so it shouldn’t be too much of an impact.

I should be there right around 1 pm Friday and can stay until either 3 pm or 4:45 pm (depending upon whether I have to be back to take my one son to 5:00 pm hockey practice). That should give me time to get my section pretty well in order. I’ll be there Saturday morning as well for any final set up.

One small change to my layout plans; I am NOT bringing any trains or track. I’ll save that for the November Greenberg’s train show. I don’t recall anyone else bringing any train related stuff so I am hoping this decision has no impact on anyone else.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

@zaximillian are you bringing your cars to Brick Fest Live? I have been hoping that they would fill the CARVANA tower. Btw, I purchased a turntable so that the entire tower can be easily rotated to show different sides/vehicles.

Kevin
    Participant

In case anyone cares, I saw on the Instagram machine that Manny and Nestor from LM season 1 will be there.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

If it were not for the LUG, I would not know Brick Fest Live was happening. I have seen zero advertising for it, I guess I am not part of the target demographic.

Jason Middaugh
    Participant

I was just contacted by an Indiana PA radio station to do an interview. Not sure how much time I will have, but I plan to talk a little about the LUG and the event this weekend. It is a little far from the event, but perhaps can bring some more awareness.

Krista K

@twrt0es That’s awesome! 😊

Greg Schubert
    Participant

@zaximillian are you bringing your cars to Brick Fest Live?

Somehow I assumed that this was going to happen but I am starting to think that I am going to have to scare up a minifig-scaled assortment of vehicles, like a batmobile, Delorean, Mystery Machine and some Speed Champions.

Skipper Mike
    Participant

scare up a minifig-scaled assortment of vehicles,

Saw this just in time to add Ecto-1 to the builds I’m taking to Krista.

Josh
    Keymaster

I was just contacted by an Indiana PA radio station to do an interview. Not sure how much time I will have, but I plan to talk a little about the LUG and the event this weekend. It is a little far from the event, but perhaps can bring some more awareness.

Btw, got your lug brick badge packed up and ready to take to you Saturday. Got it from last time you displayed.

As for everyone else, Tommy (brickengraver) said he was swamped with orders and large volume orders and couldn’t guarantee he’d be able to get badges delivered by this Saturday, when I put in the order after our q3 meeting. He was going to try, but since I haven’t been invoiced yet, I’m doubtful.

Josh
    Keymaster

@zaximillian are you bringing your cars to Brick Fest Live?

Somehow I assumed that this was going to happen but I am starting to think that I am going to have to scare up a minifig-scaled assortment of vehicles, like a batmobile, Delorean, Mystery Machine and some Speed Champions.

We have a bin of cars we all made on a lug build day too.

Krista K

I have about 20 – 30 speed champions I can bring.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

16 should be plenty, I think there are only 22 spots … plus we’ll have some of the other novelty vehicles 🙂

Jason Middaugh
    Participant

Btw, got your lug brick badge packed up and ready to take to you Saturday. Got it from last time you displayed.

As for everyone else, Tommy (brickengraver) said he was swamped with orders and large volume orders and couldn’t guarantee he’d be able to get badges delivered by this Saturday, when I put in the order after our q3 meeting. He was going to try, but since I haven’t been invoiced yet, I’m doubtful.

Great! Thank you. Looking forward to the event and seeing everyone.

Krista K

16 should be plenty, I think there are only 22 spots … plus we’ll have some of the other novelty vehicles 🙂

Awesome! I’ll bring a nice assortment of 16.😊

Krista K

@greg I have 16 exotics packed and ready for you. 😊

Greg Schubert
    Participant

@knb112 That sounds perfect! (Btw, I cannot use the batmobile from the Two Face Chase set because it is too long.)

Rich Millich
    Participant

@greg: You can borrow any of my race car fleet that you’d like, filling in ALL of the 22 slots that you want. Just let me know how we can meet so I can let you borrow them for display purposes.

Jeffrey
    Participant

I already have some coming via including a batmobile that’s not long or big
    Duncan is displaying some of his cars too

Rich Millich
    Participant

I have cleared my entire weekend away from work, and so, if somebody is willing to help me LUG these cars out and me back into town, I can staff and display at BFL on Saturday.

I am unavailable Sunday, but I’m okay with somebody like @greg holding my cars and supporting figs after the show. Or we can work it out there.

Somebody get back to me. If I can get transport for me and the brick, the LUG display can use both, at least for a day. The more, the better!

Rich Millich
    Participant

I now have a ride, and can fill up to 4-9 baseplates’ worth of race cars for Saturday. Eeeeeasy setup.

Pete
    Participant

Not going to make it for setup but willbe there tomorrow morning.

Josh
    Keymaster

Packing up the car tonight. Let me know if we need anything.

Parts, banner, table cloths?

Business cards…magnets…

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 223 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar