LEGO deals

Home Forums LUG discussions BUY / SELL / TRADE! LEGO deals

Viewing 25 posts - 301 through 325 (of 612 total)
  • Author
    Tim

politely requesting that the (non)buyer send back your set,

If someone sent me a set out of the blue that I did not order, I would gladly return it. That is the right, fair and honest thing to do. So in my opinion, if the (non)Buyer refuses to return the merchandise that he/she “never ordered”, then it was likely a scam all along (or they are just complete jag-offs).

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I agree, Tim. But if I received something I didn’t order, as much as I wanted to Do The Right Thing, I wouldn’t want to have to pay shipping. But shipping ain’t free. So… it’s kind of a lose/lose for Greg, unfortunately… still. Can’t hurt to ask, and as you say, it will lend credence to either the “it was an honest mistake / I got hacked” theory, or the “scam artist / jag” theory.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

When PayPal first told me there was a problem I wrote to both the bricklink account and the email from the PayPal payment. Neither responded. No one is going to go to the effort to hack an account to send something to the person who paid for it. Its the chargeback fee that gets my goat.

I’m guessing this person knew that there was a vulnerability in PayPal and exploited it to their advantage. Anyway, this was nothing compared to the impression left by a deer on the front end of my car this morning.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Yea, scammer for sure then. Did the e-mail account and address shown on BL match the ones on PP? That’s one thing to watch for.

Agree, the chargeback fee is BS.

You’re having a rough day, my friend. I recommend a nice chamomile tea whilst thinking about butterflies, and letting the troubles of the LEGO resale world and cloven-hooved menaces go, at least for the rest of the evening.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Five Below has CMF’s for 3.99 and it has those LEGO Dimensions videogame packs including some CHIMA characters, Bad Cop, Gimli (and others I can’t recall) for $5.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Which Five Below, Greg?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Which Five Below, Greg?

Greg Schubert
    Participant

This is a YMMV kind of notice … I don’t think it matters, Five Below is a chain so they usually have similar inventory. Also, the Wal*Mart near me had three boxes of yellow CMF’s open on the shelf.

Josh
    Keymaster

I emailed this to a bunch of you, but this guy is interested in selling. He’s in the north hills and said he’s fine with people emailing him directly. I see some monorail and a barracuda:

—–Original Message—–
    Sent: Tuesday, October 04, 2016 11:40 PM
    To: Josh Hall
    Subject: Re: EMAIL – Selling Legos

Not my add I contacted a guy who was buying. Here’s the list.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I said it via e-mail, and I’ll say it again:

Silence, foul temptress!

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

You’re welcome.

I mean, you’re welcome.

Micah Beideman
    Participant

Thanks for the Five Below tip btw Greg. I picked up 12 Gimli packs the other day

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I picked up 12 Gimli packs

to resell?

Micah Beideman
    Participant

to resell?

resell, draft, something like that

David Bacon
    Participant

to resell?

resell, draft, something like that

I foresee a Dwarf army in the future.

Erin D.
    Participant

Target sales today

41130 Friends Coaster 20% off – $79.99
    41126 Friends Heartlake Riding Club 27% off – $43.99
    60134 City Fun in the Park People Pack 20% off – $31.99
    76053 Batman: Gotham City Cycle Chase 20% off – $15.99
    75149 Star Wars Resistance X-Wing Fighter 4% off (LOL) – $68.99 (Costco has this for $64.99 right now)
    75136 Star Wars Droid Escape Pod 16% off – $20.99
    21126 Minecraft The Wither 13% off – $34.99
    76051 SuperHeroes Airport Battle 20% off – $63.99

ETA – I stopped at Cranberry Target on the way home to pick up 76051, after checking the app on the way to see that it was present. The sale price noted above displayed on the app for both Target.com and Cranberry. When I got to the store, I found the item, but noted no sale tag on the shelf. When I got the register, it rang up full price. I pulled up the app to show the sale price and it was showing regular price on both tabs! I told the cashier I was positive I saw it online today for 20% off and she adjusted the price. I checked the app again in the parking lot and the full price was still showing. Feeling insane, I continued home, and when I got to a red light near home, I checked the app again and the sale price was displaying again.

So my point is that when there’s a sale price and it appears that it will be in store also, don’t always trust that, and just place the order online for in-store pickup.

</TLDR>

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Erin D..
    Phil Breneman
    Participant

If you have some money to throw around, check out https://www.proxibid.com/asp/Catalog.asp?aid=117787 for a sand green Yoda, 10179 Falcon, and lots of other mostly new, mostly Star Wars stuff. At present there are about 20 sets selling for over $200. If you choose to bid, don’t miss the fact that there is a 20% buyers premium!

Greg Schubert
    Participant
    Laura
    Participant

In Sunday’s ads…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Dan
    Participant

Looks like I’ll have to visit Target soon!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

TARGET ? has two seasonal LEGO items, one is a FRIENDS bowling alley polybag and the other is a reindeer polybag for $3.49 … not a minifig size reindeer, a Creator style reindeer.

Hannah Dow
    Participant

Hey when’s the next double VIP point days? I thought I heard @pete say at Greensburg they’re like this weekend, but I couldn’t remember actual dates.

Pete
    Participant

They are the 19th and 20th. The Calender for next year run from the 28th to dec. 11th

Greg Schubert
    Participant

another good looking deal in Bethel Park

https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/bab/5882967242.html

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 25 posts - 301 through 325 (of 612 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar