LEGO deals

Home Forums LUG discussions BUY / SELL / TRADE! LEGO deals

Viewing 25 posts - 476 through 500 (of 612 total)
  • Author
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

I just HAPPENED to discover the Christmas in July LEGO special for this weekend. If you buy $100 worth of LEGO you get a $30 Christmas present, literally. Its such an overused word, but this time is true. You get the Christmas present set.

Also, much of the LEGO movie II stuff is on sale and there are some new minifigs available including mermaids and castle minifigs.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Greg Schubert.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jim Rolfe
    Participant

If anyone sees two of these for the rumored $35, I’ll take two! Let me know. There was a few left in Pittsburgh but they may have vanished by now.

https://slickdeals.net/da/p129319621/?utm_medium=em-i&utm_term=109708%7Ccanned_mw_search&utm_content=16861751&utm_campaign=7777&dealalertid=52432251&mtid=71&generated=1564256155

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Rant follows: I am so tired of being told Walmart has stuff in stock and then them not having it. Is thievery really that bad in Pittsburgh? Nearly every Walmart has the problem. “Yes, we have 2 in stock…” Nothing there or in back rooms or whatever. Including large sets. I’m not talking about microfighters here….although those are bad counts too!

I was just in Sacramento, their Walmart had all Lego behind lock and key, like video games. Their counts were dead on. I would rather go through having to unlock a cabinet to get what I want I think. At least I know it is there or not there before I go.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

In my quest for Walmart Clearance deals I have stumbled across a new set at 25% off! The new Hidden Side El Fuego set is at Walmart today. I am excited for this theme, a day early, and 25% off already! I hope the app and theme work well and I am looking forward to acquiring them all!

This guy is trying to cash in on the early release I guess! Just go to Walmart!

https://www.ebay.com/i/352729596677?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=352729596677&targetid=475515045741&device=m&mktype=pla&googleloc=9051988&poi=&campaignid=1669934840&mkgroupid=65058350539&rlsatarget=pla-475515045741&abcId=1139296&merchantid=6296724&gclid=CjwKCAjw-ITqBRB7EiwAZ1c5UyK_XMil8v3bOSLTGxSVKmWOe48ecv0Kv8sK0Ca9Mn1FGwLDuiGAYhoCk5kQAvD_BwE

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Walmart by Beaver Valley Mall has a bunch of Lego Clearance in the Garden Center as they did last year. As of today:

60210 City Police Airport – $45 (2 left)
    70828 Pop Up Party Bus – $30 (2 left)
    76101 Outrider Attack – $5 (They had like 30 of these)
    75952 Newt’s Magical Creature Case – $21 (1 left)
    76104 Hulkbuster – $21 (2 left)

Duties Performed!

If anyone has any info on other sites, please post them.
    I am looking for a deal on 70826 Rex-treme Offroader but no one seems to have them cheaper than $24.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Anyone near a Michael’s today? In store only….I could use a set of these for my kids….and maybe a second for me! Lol

$4 LEGO® Disney Pixar Toy Story 4 Woody & RC
    https://www.michaels.com/lego-dis…92700.html

$8 LEGO® Disney Pixar Toy Story 4 Carnival Thrill Coaster
    https://www.michaels.com/lego-disney-pixar-toy-story-4-carnival-thrill-coaster/10592711.html​ [michaels.com]

$10 LEGO® Disney Pixar Toy Story 4 Buzz & Bo Peep’s Playground Adventure
    https://www.michaels.com/lego-disney-pixar-toy-story-4-buzz-and-bo-peeps-playground-adventure/10592705.html​ [michaels.com]

Greg Schubert
    Participant

LEGO® Disney Pixar Toy Story

This is the first time that I have seen remake minifigs turn out worse than the originals, which is disappointing.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Anyone near a Michael’s today?

I unexpectedly had to travel to the Pgh Mills Mall today at 11:00 and the clerk said that I was the 3rd person to ask about them and they were all gone. That was fast.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

I unexpectedly had to travel to the Pgh Mills Mall today at 11:00 and the clerk said that I was the 3rd person to ask about them and they were all gone. That was fast.

Yeah, I made a special trip out on vacation to a local Michaels. The lady said they did not sell Lego even though the web said they did. As the web never lies, I looked and found them at the register lane. So I bought them all. Done and done.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Yeah, I made a special trip out on vacation to a local Michaels. The lady said they did not sell Lego even though the web said they did. As the web never lies, I looked and found them at the register lane. So I bought them all. Including the Duke Nukem set which was not listed but was also on sale for $8. Done and done.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant
    Krista K

Yeah, I made a special trip out on vacation to a local Michaels. The lady said they did not sell Lego even though the web said they did. As the web never lies, I looked and found them at the register lane. So I bought them all. Including the Duke Nukem set which was not listed but was also on sale for $8. Done and done.

We were able to pick up a few of the RC set at the one on McKnight this evening. There may be a few left, but if anyone still needs one for their collection, let me know.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

This is the first time that I have seen remake minifigs turn out worse than the originals, which is disappointing.

…yeahhhh… still can’t believe they never made use of the extra-tall Woody legs again (Chewbacca, for one…) – I always wanted that part in different colors so as to fix my Puddleglum to not have cowboy boots!

These sets are “meh” at MSRP. But 10771, in particular, has appeal at $8 – because #rollercoastertrack and #TheClawAliens #oooOOOooohhh #TheClawIsOurMaster #TheClawChoosesWhoWillGoAndWhoWillStay #ThisIsLudicrous #StopItYaZealots!

(in other words, if anyone finds copies of that set you don’t want, at the $8 sale price, I’ll take them off your hands if you make the swoop and #gottacatchemall…)

David Bacon
    Participant

…yeahhhh… still can’t believe they never made use of the extra-tall Woody legs again (Chewbacca, for one…) – I always wanted that part in different colors so as to fix my Puddleglum to not have cowboy boots!

@philmatt24
    Puddleglum, nice.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Puddleglum, nice.

That dates back to #DigIntoReading, our… first? …yeah, first! …summer reading display at Cranberry. Have you seen those pix? @dc221803 helped me build Father Time in the cavern, with the Earthmen, Scrubb, Pole, and of course Puddleglum. I tried to show his long, skinny legs but obscure Woody’s cowboy boots with rocks in the display, haha… really, should’ve been a dark tan / dark brown / olive or dark green leg set, even gray would’ve been better than regular ol’ blue with the pattern painted for Woody… oh, well.

Still have the cavern intact – when I get time (and $$$), I’d love to build the whole series of caves for the underworld. (Because there’s nothing like a ginormous niche fandom – and a deep cut even from that fandom – MOC, amirite?!?)

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

oops… #threadjacking 😀

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> That dates back to #DigIntoReading, our… first? …yeah, first! …summer reading display at Cranberry.

Aw man, I was all excited to publicly correct you here, but when I reread it, I noticed the word ‘summer’, which means that it’s accurate.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Anyone interested in a 75189 heavy walker for $80? It has the manual and all bags sealed, just no box.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Many of the new, smaller, Star Wars sets are already 20% off. Not Yoda, Kylo Ren’s Shuttle, or the Falcon yet, but many of the smaller sets. Specifically seen at Walmart.

Phil Breneman
    Participant

There is an online auction with pickup in eastern Ohio that has a Lego lot with some monorail track. It is hard to tell from the one picture how much track there is or if there are any additional items such as a motor.

https://baerauctions.hibid.com/catalog/188317/furniture—gym-and-restaurant-equipment-online-auction/?q=lego

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Phil Breneman.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

online auction with pickup in eastern Ohio that has a Lego lot with some monorail track

The last I knew, monorail track pieces sold for about $9 each, so it will probably be a good deal for someone. The pickup date and time are “Saturday November 2, 2019 from 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM”

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

The last I knew, monorail track pieces sold for about $9 each, so it will probably be a good deal for someone. The pickup date and time are “Saturday November 2, 2019 from 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM”

Well, that’s no good! Somebody went and rescheduled our Q4 meeting specifically to interfere with that auction pickup!

Honestly, if I had a free day, I could easily talk myself into bidding on this, and stopping at Birdfish Brewing and Lamppost Farm in nearby Columbiana (both places are the bee’s knees) to make the most of the trip.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

if I had a free day, I could easily talk myself into bidding

That sounds strongly affirmative!

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

That sounds strongly affirmative!

So you’re in favor of me missing my third consecutive quarterly LUG meeting to drive to Ohio, acquire a tub full of random LEGO parts including a few Monorail tracks, and drink beer?

I see when I’m not wanted…

Micah Beideman
    Participant

Matt, if you do that can I come with you? (I can’t do the beer part tho…)

Viewing 25 posts - 476 through 500 (of 612 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar