Pittsburgh Lego Store

Home Forums LUG discussions Pittsburgh Lego Store

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 250 total)
  • Author
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Do we know whether it has any PGH-specific features, or is just a generic LEGO Store set?

Micah Beideman
    Participant

I believe it’s just a generic Lego store set.

Pete
    Participant

I have seen it on BL

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I agree with Pete and Micah, unless they’ve changed it in some way that we can’t see (which seems unlikely), it looks the same as the set that was being given free with purchases on Lego.com last December. (I ended up with a bunch but they were parted out or given away long ago.)

I definitely want a minifig that says Pittsburgh on him though. I don’t know if anybody can get me one though, and I don’t know if the store can secretly hold one for me until I’m back in town to make a $50 purchase.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Does anyone know when the actual mall opens? I know stores open at 10AM, but I am assuming they unlock the mall doors early for the workers, walkers, etc. Is it 6AM? Is it only certain doors or all external doors? Trying to plan my timing and parking. I would rather sit inside than outside.

Paula
    Participant

The mall is supposed to open the doors at seven. There will be line attendants. #thisgirl
    The minifigs are numbered.
    It’s an exclusive store set.

Pete
    Participant
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

The mall is supposed to open the doors at seven. There will be line attendants. #thisgirl
    The minifigs are numbered.
    It’s an exclusive store set.

@paulamalu
    is my hero. #insiderinformation

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=40145-1#T=S&O={“iconly”:0}

Is it this set.

Yeah, is it?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Paula
    Participant

Yup! Does it have a penguin in it?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Yup! Does it have a penguin in it?

WAIT WHAT?!?

Are you saying the LEGO Store set has a penguin in it????????

Cuz nah, I don’t think the one I got at the employee store in Billund has a penguin…

Paula
    Participant

The one we have has a penguin!

Hannah Dow
    Participant

What time should one get there tomorrow morning to ensure a set? I am sending a proxy ?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

What time should one get there tomorrow morning to ensure a set?

I mean, there’s no time like the present…

“ensure” is a pretty definitive word.

Hannah Dow
    Participant

What time should one get there tomorrow morning to ensure a set?

I mean, there’s no time like the present…

“ensure” is a pretty definitive word.

Like if “I” go at 10, would there really be 400 people in line already? Haha I’ve never been to an opening but are they that packed?

Greg Schubert
    Participant

What time should one get there

The questions is, how long will it take 400 customers who plan to spend $100 on LEGO to wander into the store?

I’m guessing every LEGO catalog recipient within an hour drive of the store got one of the postcard announcements, but its unclear how deep the insanity runs. AFOL’s may want the exclusive LEGO store set, but I can envision lots more people waiting until Saturday to take their kids to get the hockey player.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by Greg Schubert.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I think there are reasons to suspect Greg is right, and that Saturday’s going to be higher demand. But… not really sure. I’m considering shooting to arrive around 9AM with a book to read in line, and if 400+ are already there, well… oops.

Whomever’s first to arrive could post here so the rest of us have intel… I’d buy you a soda as a gesture of thanks… 😉

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I don’t expect Paula is up late waiting to answer our questions before her big day, but I did just start wondering about logistics while mulling over Greg’s comment…

– do they limit the number of people allowed in at any one time? Like, they let 50 in, then as each person checks out and leaves, they let one more in? (My guess is something like this – that’s how they were doing it at The LEGO House last September…)

– or perhaps they just give a number to the first 400 in line, and then you don’t have to rush to check out?

I also might head up a bit earlier, scope out the line situation, then go grab some breakfast if it’s not super crowded yet… so many possibilities!!!

Micah Beideman
    Participant

You guys actually think it’s gonna be this crazy? 😛
    I won’t be able to get there till 11:30 and I was thinking I’d probably be in the first 400…

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

You might be right, @hacim… but what if you aren’t?!?

So who’s on site? How’s it looking? #hypemachine

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Almost there!!

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

So, there are ropes to guide you where to stand heading toward Starbucks. Quickest entrance is LL Bean door. There are about 9 folks including me and @willmcdine. Come join us!

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Thanks for the intel, @tcsbgdady / @willmcdine! I’m prob going to be rolling within a half hour. Doesn’t sound like that’s a losing proposition on the exclusive… guess people whose priorities are mixed up have to “work” today or some nonsense. (but holler if hundreds of people suddenly start showing up, so I know to hurry!)

Hannah Dow
    Participant

do you think if you spend $100+ today (and you’re within the first 400) you would get the free set from the store AND the minifig frame promo that’s running with orders of $75 or more?

Josh
    Keymaster

FYI, line is long. I think close to 200

Micah Beideman
    Participant

Wow, I probably won’t bother coming ?
    I was just going to buy stuff to resell anyway…

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 250 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar