Threadjacking

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Threadjacking

Viewing 25 posts - 1,251 through 1,275 (of 1,453 total)
  • Author
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

now on my all-time favorite facebook marketplace ads, posted by the same guy

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

LEGO piano costs $$$.

Real piano is FREE.

Attachments:
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Not Haunted piano is also free!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Matt Redfield. Reason: file type correction
    Attachments:
    Josh
    Keymaster

This all fit in the van, and it wasn’t even full.

Attachments:
    Jonathan Wagner
    Participant

I was there, I can attest to it!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

These polybags are now appearing at a Target near you:

Attachments:
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

These polybags are now appearing at a Target near you:

Greg Schubert
    Participant

@bengood921, I think I found your people: Space Mining Camp

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> I think I found your people:

I’ve actually watched this one already, but you’re right, it’s a good one, so I’m gonna watch it again right now. If I’m not mistaken, these guys usually do Castle stuff, and the first one I saw where they have the giant castle and then proceed to take the entire thing apart so you can see the interior is one of the more remarkable BTB videos (I seem to remember it made a list of Hanlon’s favorite videos), even though it’s the exact opposite of how I plan to build my castle. I’ll see if I can find the link, although it might be right in the Space Mining video.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

According to Wikipedia, there is a Legoland Discovery Center opening at the Mall at Robinson some time this calendar year. Did we know this? How have I not heard about this before?

Jonathan Wagner
    Participant

So it says…and there was much rejoicing

Attachments:
    David Bacon
    Participant

So it says…and there was much rejoicing

I don’t know. The reference link is dead and when I Google “Pittsburgh Legoland Discovery Center” I do not get any valid hits.

Krista K

According to Wikipedia, there is a Legoland Discovery Center opening at the Mall at Robinson some time this calendar year. Did we know this? How have I not heard about this before?

I do remember hearing rumors about that, but didn’t know if anything actually came of it.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> The reference link is dead and when I Google “Pittsburgh Legoland Discovery Center” I do not get any valid hits.

Last night after reading the Wikipedia entry, I did not do any additional research, I figured (correctly) that it would be easier to ask the LUG for info. And just now I didn’t get any hits either; in fact I found literally zero additional references to it anywhere on the internet.

I happened across it because I was watching the recent BTB video where Hanlon hangs out with Master Builder Alec at the Discovery Center in Arizona, and Alec mentions that there’s currently only 23 Discovery Centers worldwide (of which it appears less than ten are in the United States). This number seemed surprisingly low to me, especially since I’ve been to one multiple times, and we were also fairly close to one when we were at Exton in September. So I wanted to see the full list.

I wasn’t actually excited about the Discovery Center itself, but given the extremely short list of locations, this would be more glory to Pittsburgh. (This is in definite contrast to the Lego Store; in the years leading up to its opening, I had determined that Pittsburgh was easily one of the largest major metropolitan areas in the nation to not have one.) Alec says that all Miniland rooms at the Discover Centers have builds specific to their local area, so I would be interested in seeing what they came up with for Pittsburgh even though it would be a fairly predictable list.

Josh
    Keymaster

Alright, I did my internet sleuthing…

That wikipedia information was added on January 27th, 2022 by an anonymous user. While it does say the URL was last retrieved (working) on Jan 3 2022, so maybe some talks fell through. (edit, it says 2022, not 2023)

That IP address has made a lot of contributions that were reverted, so I’m thinking it’s probably safe to say it’s bogus, at least at this point. If it were opening in ‘mid 2023’ it would not be a secret at this point. They’d be hyping the crap out of it and there’d be signs of construction and employment everywhere by now.

I wouldn’t think Paula would be allowed to comment either, if she even knew.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Josh.
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I got an article in my news feed today about the one in Springfield, VA (also listed on the Wikipedia page), which apparently is in fact going to open this year. I just did an additional check, there’s no shortage of articles about its impending opening. So the fact that there’s no similar articles about Robinson tells us, that at the very least, it’s not happening this summer.

Josh
    Keymaster
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Did you all know that Dom, from season 3 Lego masters and the Christmas special is from Lancaster Pa?

People still watch LEGO Masters…? o_O

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Does anyone know what BrickLink ID this might have? I have tried several searches with no luck….statue, idol, T-Rex, dinosaur(that one hurt a lot), figure (also extremely painful).

Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments:
    David Bacon
    Participant
    Josh
    Keymaster

Tan?

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> Tan?

I was confused too, but there’s more than a thousand of them available in tan on BL even though it was an unreleased color, I’ve actually never seen anything like that. I’ve seen unreleased parts before (Walter has to be getting them from somewhere), but never in large quantities from so many stores like that.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Well, obviously, it’s a dinosaur babysitting.

Josh
    Keymaster

I need a black or dark brown beard to make a fig as a gift for someone. anyone have one I can buy?

hagrid or these other 2 will work great.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=6132#T=S&C=11&O={%22color%22:11,%22ss%22:%22US%22,%22loc%22:%22US%22,%22iconly%22:0}

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=10052#T=S&C=11&O={%22color%22:11,%22loc%22:%22US%22,%22iconly%22:0}

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=37784#T=S&C=120&O={%22color%22:120,%22iconly%22:0}

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=40238#T=S&C=11&O={%22color%22:11,%22loc%22:%22US%22,%22iconly%22:0}

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

You definitely need to make sure you get Frost his figs before next Wednesday. The brown astronaut and his blue baby aren’t gonna Febrovery themselves.

I love January, but… it’s almost the most wonderful time of the year!

Viewing 25 posts - 1,251 through 1,275 (of 1,453 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar